Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 686878 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #9240 on: July 04, 2023, 03:07:26 am »

Something that looks green when reflecting light means it is absorbing red and reflecting green.  If you are looking "through" it - enough green got reflected the other way, the only thing left to get to your eyes is red.

Brown actually isn't a spectral color by the way; it's just the name we give particular shades of orange.

Brown is more of a colour than orange is! It's orange that I'd just a particular shade of brown!
Love, scriver~

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9241 on: July 04, 2023, 05:12:03 am »

Every colour is just a slightly different shade of brown.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9242 on: July 04, 2023, 07:11:41 am »

Except purple, or so I've been told. It's apparently actually what happens when your brain errors out and can't parse what it's seeing, so it's less a color and more "404 Color Not Found".

Purple is my favor not!color. Also my favorite color, purple haters can get stuffed :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9243 on: July 04, 2023, 10:27:21 am »

If you want to get technical, colours are every other colour except the colour they are because that’s the wavelength of light that’s not absorbed.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9244 on: July 04, 2023, 11:15:18 am »

I do, I do want to get technicalour
Love, scriver~

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9245 on: July 04, 2023, 11:26:45 pm »

Except purple, or so I've been told. It's apparently actually what happens when your brain errors out and can't parse what it's seeing, so it's less a color and more "404 Color Not Found".
Magenta is definitely extra-spectral; purple is borderline with some considering it a shade of magenta, while others consider violet and indigo to be shades of purple. I'm in the latter group.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9246 on: July 05, 2023, 01:55:09 pm »

What is Pink?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9247 on: July 05, 2023, 02:08:57 pm »

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9248 on: July 05, 2023, 02:09:24 pm »

One of my favorite singers actually.

As a color name 'pink' used to refer to a yellow color.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9249 on: July 05, 2023, 09:07:16 pm »

Out of simple curiosity:

What's everyone's favourite architectural style?
My standards have relaxed considerably to an appreciation for "anything built to last" and "beautiful" follows afterwards as a secondary condition. It becomes harder and harder to ignore non-renewable resources being wasted to build temporary structures in the interest of "cost saving" under the mistaken assumption that rebuilding the same building over and over again is cheaper than making it right once; it is a travesty that a wooden house older than the USA will sell well and sell high yet a developer will fuck his own concrete with iron rebar on the assumption that a quality house is unprofitable and the death of that house to mould, moist and rust is a big bucket of "I already sold not my problem." Every house should have a good hat, a good pair of shoes, stay as monomaterial as possible and breathable as possible and then that bastard will outlive your civilisation

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #9250 on: July 05, 2023, 09:48:44 pm »

Mainly because the civilization is doomed, though.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9251 on: July 05, 2023, 09:56:43 pm »

aren't we all bud

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9252 on: July 06, 2023, 02:19:38 am »

Reminds me of this show I watched years ago, it was called Life After People and it was about what happens to all of our crap we leave behind when all the people are dead.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9253 on: July 06, 2023, 06:37:49 am »

One of my favorite singers actually.

As a color name 'pink' used to refer to a yellow color.

Which is funny because "pink" in Swedish is pee

Out of simple curiosity:

What's everyone's favourite architectural style?

I don't know my styles well enough to have one, but I like anything that looks old and has history, and in new architecture I like stuff that looks humble and unassuming and dislike everything concrete, glass-wally (in the skyscraper fashion), and things that try to hard to look modern or futuristic, especially when it's build in areas of natural beauty.

My prime example of terrible architecture is the new art hall in Djurgården, Stockholm. I've brought it up before I'm sure, because it's such a perfect example of garish and not-caring-how-it-fits-into-the-surroundings/context-blind architecture.

For context, Djurgården is one of the oldest still old parts of Stockholm. It's been around for a while, so it has some splendid buildings from different times, but more importantly it also features some of biggest, nicest greens and parks in Stockholm that is open to all people for free.

And then they plonk down this monstrosity in the middle of it:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Because clearly what this retreat and haven of peace in the middle of the city needed was a huge WW2 military style bunker, right. Something completely bland that looks exactly like all other boring concrete blocks we've built for the last 80 years or so and they still claim to be "innovative" and "during" for some reason.

Which is much more beautiful.

aren't we all bud

Not me, I am Ozymandias and my works will last eternal.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 06:40:57 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #9254 on: July 06, 2023, 10:39:07 am »

Reminds me of this show I watched years ago, it was called Life After People and it was about what happens to all of our crap we leave behind when all the people are dead.
I remember that show! If only for the cgi scenes of great monuments collapsing due to lack of maintenance. And that NatGeo did an exact ripoff documentary like two months afterwards.
The only thing was that they treated it as if all of humanity was raptured/abducted by aliens/ got deleted at once.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 615 616 [617] 618 619 ... 637