Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 88

Author Topic: Nitpicks that Ruined Movies  (Read 130266 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Nitpicks that Ruined Movies
« Reply #825 on: January 17, 2015, 01:24:39 pm »

What's the best alien from scifi to use as a bioweapon?
I would say a few xenomorph eggs, but they have a misfortunate effect of laying eggs in dark, rarely visited places that you can't find. A few of those dropped into Pandora would almost certainly wipe out most things on it, but would leave an unfortunate mess to clean up. If only there was some sort of fertility shutoff switch.

Cloverfield
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #826 on: January 17, 2015, 01:55:21 pm »

Worst-best* would be the Zerg. Bioweapons that leave the planet and try to kill you!

*There are probably actually many comparable. I imagine the Tyranids might be similar.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: January 17, 2015, 02:03:14 pm »

I second Tribbles, they just gobble all the food and then die of starvation.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: January 17, 2015, 02:36:38 pm »

What's that gun that fires exploding moles? Does that count as a bioweapon?
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 17, 2015, 04:08:35 pm »

I hate how movies overhype vulnerability of human body, I mean we kinda are but we are also strong in many areas and movies fail to capture that.

Every average movie decides once someone closes his eyes he is dead ....
You are out of oxygen for 2 minutes? Screw that! Screw CPR he's dead.
You have been hit by crowbar to head 3 times .... Sure our bones are paper you are dead.
You are shot in chest , screw body functions it's 60% chance bullet misses vital body parts but who cares

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: January 17, 2015, 04:29:10 pm »

You are out of oxygen for 2 minutes?

2 minutes? Usually they do it for like... 30 seconds.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: January 17, 2015, 04:58:13 pm »

I hate how movies overhype vulnerability of human body, I mean we kinda are but we are also strong in many areas and movies fail to capture that.

Every average movie decides once someone closes his eyes he is dead ....
You are out of oxygen for 2 minutes? Screw that! Screw CPR he's dead.
You have been hit by crowbar to head 3 times .... Sure our bones are paper you are dead.
You are shot in chest , screw body functions it's 60% chance bullet misses vital body parts but who cares

You shoud watch Kung-Pow: Enter the Fist, there's a scene towards the end that makes fun of the first of these things.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 17, 2015, 05:06:21 pm »

My favorite is characters who decide that their clothes being on fire means they are dead.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: January 18, 2015, 07:36:50 pm »

Indiana Jones' idealistic attitude about the preservation of ancient artifacts in The Last Crusade seems out of character for a guy who spent the first ten minutes of the previous movie (Temple of Doom) selling relics to the chinese mafia.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 07:40:06 pm by Bohandas »
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #834 on: January 18, 2015, 08:29:18 pm »

The diamond belongs in a museum.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: January 18, 2015, 09:42:41 pm »

Indiana Jones' idealistic attitude about the preservation of ancient artifacts in The Last Crusade seems out of character for a guy who spent the first ten minutes of the previous movie (Temple of Doom) selling relics to the chinese mafia.

The problem is that to anyone who knows a lot about Archeology he is kind of a terrible archeologist

Often doing irreparable damage to what is frankly... the more interesting and important artifacts for ones that have bigger names.

---

Also here is a negative "He was the son of a carpenter"

Uhhh... Indiana... Carpenters actually make good money and the "poor" part is a rather modern conception... The reason why the cup COULD be wood or Clay was because the Last Supper to my knowledge was at some bar, inn, or tavern type place meaning the cups there weren't his own.

The "Cup of a Carpenter" could have easily been made of bronze, copper, lead, or even (though unlikely) silver.

Now Jesus was likely poor... but being a Carpenter wasn't a contributing factor.

In fact I would question whether or now the Jews in that period of time were a poor people even under the Roman rule.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 11:05:16 pm by Neonivek »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 19, 2015, 08:11:41 am »

Maybe he carried around his own mug? Dunno, it doens't seem soooo farfetched to carry around a few kitchens tools with you back then.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: January 19, 2015, 08:46:22 am »

Note that the entire Jesus son of carpenter thing is a faulty translation. The oldest Greek texts use a word with a far wider meaning.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: February 17, 2015, 01:20:33 am »

In the Rocky Horror Picture Show Riff-Raff brags that his laser gun is "capable of emitting a beam of pure antimatter", but this is true of any laser because the photon is it's own antiparticle.
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: February 17, 2015, 09:26:35 am »

On the Jews being poor or rich, IIRC the Romans sacked their cities several times to fund Roman construction so the Jews were not poor by any standard, in pretty sure even while under Roman rule they still made decent money.

Onto a nitpick, I can't watch the Halo animated movies anymore (ok just one of them) because someone had to point out that the scaling was wrong. Now everytime I see the elite in that one film take down a 30foot tall hunter it bothers me and I can't watch it anymore .-.
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 88