Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1004279 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #1800 on: October 05, 2012, 09:52:19 am »

These two guys just started this political conversation by denying that they're libertarians with some disdain in their tone for the word. They then start talking about strict constructionism, limiting the government's responsibilities, and states' rights. Guys, I don't really know what else you could be.

Not far out enough on the liberal axis to call themselves libertarian?
Love, scriver~

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: October 05, 2012, 09:55:55 am »

These two guys just started this political conversation by denying that they're libertarians with some disdain in their tone for the word. They then start talking about strict constructionism, limiting the government's responsibilities, and states' rights. Guys, I don't really know what else you could be.
Hipstertarians.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: October 05, 2012, 09:57:14 am »

Okay cool, now they're just talking about terrible anime. This is more tolerable.
All they hear is LIBERAL LIBERAL LIBERAL and Rush Limbaugh says that's wrong and evil.

Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: October 05, 2012, 01:35:13 pm »

Not having drugs feels like my lover of five years has just left for my best friend, successfully sued me for my house, car, family, and dog, and then shot me in the gut.

When I hear dubstep, my jaw starts aching, and my teeth chatter, and I get a cold sweat. When I sit in a room with pastel purple paint on the walls (like, say, the one at Rehab) I get minor visual hallucinations. Driving at night is technicolor insanity you would not believe when all the lights leave temporary streaks across your vision.

Uncool? So you say. But it floats my boat pretty well.

Well, all these anecdotes about the long-term effects of hallucinogens have turned me away from them more than three mandatory school classes could. Congrats.

I feel that way when I hear dubstep already, though.

Good. More for me! Drugs are bad.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: October 05, 2012, 02:39:28 pm »

Not having drugs feels like my lover of five years has just left for my best friend, successfully sued me for my house, car, family, and dog, and then shot me in the gut.

When I hear dubstep, my jaw starts aching, and my teeth chatter, and I get a cold sweat. When I sit in a room with pastel purple paint on the walls (like, say, the one at Rehab) I get minor visual hallucinations. Driving at night is technicolor insanity you would not believe when all the lights leave temporary streaks across your vision.

Uncool? So you say. But it floats my boat pretty well.

Well, all these anecdotes about the long-term effects of hallucinogens have turned me away from them more than three mandatory school classes could. Congrats.

I feel that way when I hear dubstep already, though.

Good. More for me! Drugs are bad.
*probation officer stares coldly over Hans shoulder and nods slowly*
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: October 05, 2012, 11:11:07 pm »

Nah, my PO is the shit. He'd be like, "Lol, nice. GTFO, I got paperwork to do. See ya in a few weeks."
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: October 06, 2012, 04:40:31 am »

I don't discuss drug use online, but I wanted to correct something someone said earlier, or shed some light on it.

Flashbacks aren't caused by taking acids, they are a naturally occurring thing in the human brain, that your brain will recall a deeply emotional event and emulate the feeling at random.  It just so happens to be, that when this happens to people who have taken acid, it gives them a somewhat hallucinogenic experience, but the flashback itself can happen to anyone, even if they've never touched drugs.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: October 06, 2012, 04:47:48 am »

I don't discuss drug use online

That seems random?
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: October 06, 2012, 05:09:01 am »

[Edit] Wrong bloody thread. Damn that log in taking me to the thread of the last opened tab instead of the one I was actually in ><
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 05:11:11 am by Aptus »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: October 06, 2012, 10:59:31 am »

I don't discuss drug use online, but I wanted to correct something someone said earlier, or shed some light on it.

Flashbacks aren't caused by taking acids, they are a naturally occurring thing in the human brain, that your brain will recall a deeply emotional event and emulate the feeling at random.  It just so happens to be, that when this happens to people who have taken acid, it gives them a somewhat hallucinogenic experience, but the flashback itself can happen to anyone, even if they've never touched drugs.

Ah. :) Thank you for correcting me. I'd never really noticed flashbacks until after I'd done acid, so I just kind of figured they were from the drug use.
He's fucking with us.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: October 06, 2012, 12:31:08 pm »

Yeah, there are a variety of conditions that can "store" flashbacks and a variety of conditions to "access" them. Drugs are just a fairly common "storage" condition.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1811 on: October 06, 2012, 12:44:23 pm »

Well you're more likely to subconsciously bring up that time you were almost eaten by a 47 headed purple dragon than that time you sat down and ate a ham and cheese sandwich.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: October 06, 2012, 12:52:10 pm »

Well you're more likely to subconsciously bring up that time you were almost eaten by a 47 headed purple dragon than that time you sat down and ate a ham and cheese sandwich.

That is so not what it's like. :P But I'll let it go this time.
He's fucking with us.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1813 on: October 06, 2012, 12:52:41 pm »

Who said I was specifically talking about acid? :P
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: October 06, 2012, 01:04:15 pm »

Zing! One point for Darkling. But mushrooms aren't like that either. Nor are the disassociants, like Datura or cough syrup. Mescaline? But I've never had that, so I can't comment on it.
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 510