Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1004184 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #5175 on: June 21, 2013, 05:51:23 pm »

Prime example right here.
You got ninja'd so bad it burns.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #5176 on: June 21, 2013, 05:52:38 pm »

Prime example right here.
You got ninja'd so bad it burns.
Damn, normally it tells me, "There have been 'blah' new replies."
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5177 on: June 21, 2013, 06:05:07 pm »

So irregardless, I think sexism is a much nicer and more inclusive term for a non-nice, non-inclusive thing. Frankly, I haven't even heard transphobia that often, that seems to get lumped in with homophobia all the time. Which kinda makes sense I guess since from a homophobic point of view (that should cover the vast majority of cases), transphobia basically is homophobia. (I'm not aware of homosexual people disliking transsexual people).

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5178 on: June 21, 2013, 06:29:19 pm »

I can't recall actually the last time I heard Transphobia, but it likely was on this forum, or linked from this forum. Oh yeah, something Vector linked I believe.

Anyway, as a Latin student let me say who really needs latin? At the end of the day That Transphobia meaning fear of Transsexualism is only bothering to people who's fear of change is on par with peoples fear of water. And Frankly people who are scared of change generally just say that they're scared of change.

Also, Relevant:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5179 on: June 21, 2013, 06:40:34 pm »

What I hate is when people pluralize words when that should be singular.
Moose/meese
The plural of moose is moose.

(I might be missing something here though)
Fun with goose/geese, presumably
Yeah, the plural of moose is moose. I know because there are plenty of mooses where I live.

On-Topic: Why don't we just nuke burger king?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5180 on: June 21, 2013, 07:14:45 pm »

On-Topic: Why don't we just nuke burger king?
It hasn't happened because the King supports the petro-dollar. You can bet if he tried to create a Burgerdollar the American army would be storming Burger King lands and in no time it'd be a 'democratic' burger republic.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5181 on: June 21, 2013, 08:07:41 pm »

No, I heard someone else say that and I thought it was stupid. Mostly because the person meant that we should literally nuke all the Burger Kings.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5182 on: June 21, 2013, 08:10:31 pm »

You know, french farmers have a great tradition of dumping animal excrements on fast food restaurants, if there's an option besides nuking.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5183 on: June 21, 2013, 08:13:52 pm »

No, I heard someone else say that and I thought it was stupid. Mostly because the person meant that we should literally nuke all the Burger Kings.
What's stupid about that? I suppose it'd be stupid to nuke only burger king I guess.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5184 on: June 21, 2013, 08:33:18 pm »

Wait, isn't Asexuality the total lack of any form of sexual attraction? Isn't Bisexuality the attraction to both genders?
While we're at it, what's the difference between pan and omnisexualism?
There isn't one. Pan and Omni both mean "everything".

The compound words for sexual orientation were always etymologically bizarre. "Homo" and "hetero" are Greek, "bi" and "sexual" itself are Latin. "a" is Greek. "Pan" is Greek and "omni" is Latin.

People should learn to choose one ancient root language and roll with it, dammit.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5185 on: June 21, 2013, 08:36:06 pm »

Wait, isn't Asexuality the total lack of any form of sexual attraction? Isn't Bisexuality the attraction to both genders?

The compound words for sexual orientation were always etymologically bizarre. "Homo" and "hetero" are Greek, "bi" and "sexual" itself are Latin. "a" is Greek. "Pan" is Greek and "omni" is Latin.

People should learn to choose one ancient root language and roll with it, dammit.
That ain't how English works, bub. It's a bastard language in every sense of the phrase, from roots to modern loan words, and that's the way I like it.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5186 on: June 21, 2013, 09:27:16 pm »

So irregardless, I think sexism is a much nicer and more inclusive term for a non-nice, non-inclusive thing. Frankly, I haven't even heard transphobia that often, that seems to get lumped in with homophobia all the time. Which kinda makes sense I guess since from a homophobic point of view (that should cover the vast majority of cases), transphobia basically is homophobia. (I'm not aware of homosexual people disliking transsexual people)
It's a problem.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5187 on: June 21, 2013, 10:04:52 pm »

So irregardless, I think sexism is a much nicer and more inclusive term for a non-nice, non-inclusive thing. Frankly, I haven't even heard transphobia that often, that seems to get lumped in with homophobia all the time. Which kinda makes sense I guess since from a homophobic point of view (that should cover the vast majority of cases), transphobia basically is homophobia. (I'm not aware of homosexual people disliking transsexual people)
It's a problem.
Yup. Basically being part of an oppressed minority does preclude one from being prejudiced against other oppressed minorities. Logically you'd think people would see parallels, but they don't always.

A not-insignificant number of the LGBT community want to remove the "T." Some want to remove the "B" too, and others still want to separate the "L" and "G." Fortunately most people realize the need for cohesion and understanding, so schisms are usually small.

Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5188 on: June 21, 2013, 11:27:48 pm »

That ain't how English works, bub. It's a bastard language in every sense of the phrase, from roots to modern loan words, and that's the way I like it.
English: Doin' it wrong since the 5th Century.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5189 on: June 21, 2013, 11:38:36 pm »

English: Doin' it wrong right since the 5th Century.
We're climbing in your thesauruses
Snatching your prefixes up
Trying to English them
So hide your nouns
Hide your verbs
And hide your adjectives because we stealing all the words up in here
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 510