Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1002063 times)

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #6975 on: October 18, 2013, 07:21:30 pm »

that's factually wrong. few things taste better than bacon, and all of them are parts of a pig's corpse. or cheese.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6976 on: October 18, 2013, 07:30:39 pm »

Don't worry, once we get butchering animals banned, we'll work on getting milking animals banned, ban imports of foreign animal products, then go to war with any country that refuses to give up their animal products. Then there will be no more cheese. Or bacon.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6977 on: October 18, 2013, 07:31:54 pm »

The best bacon I've ever eaten was a vegetarian bacon brand that was crispy and worked really well in sandwiches. I don't know if it's sold anymore, I haven't seen it in years.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6978 on: October 18, 2013, 07:32:05 pm »

... ehn. S'a toss up, f'me. Turkey bacon is really good, plus has a number of advantages (easier to prepare, generally cheaper). Its lower quality stuff also tends to be better than low quality pork bacon, at least in my experience, which is nice. Higher quality pork bacon is definitely one of the best of meats, though.

That said, pigs are in the same category as chickens for me (i.e., will happily eat me given an opportunity), while I'm less sure of turkey's man eating proclivities. Not sure where they weigh in on metaphorical seasoning.

But yeah, you can take my meat. I can get over that. You try to take my cheese and we're gonna' have a rumble.

E:
The best bacon [...] crispy
Statement veracity automatically invalidated.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 07:36:23 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6979 on: October 18, 2013, 07:32:46 pm »

that's factually wrong. few things taste better than bacon, and all of them are parts of a pig's corpse. or cheese.

Actually that's factually wrong. After not eating prok products for a while and getting a bacon surprise in a turkey pita, and also forgetting that sausage is pork because I had been consuming beef sausages, both occasions made me sick. The sausage more than bacon, but the bacon actually tasted pretty bad.

Also Bacon Bits brand bacon bits are vegan and literally the best bits ever in a chicken cheddar spinach cranberry salad.

Turkey's where it's at.

TRIPLE NINJA WOAH

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6980 on: October 18, 2013, 07:56:06 pm »

come on guys, don't be hypocrites, just accept the self evident premise that any of your gustatory opinions that contradict mine are factually wrong.
joking aside, i really feel bad for what we do to pigs. they are highly intelligent social creatures, they are self aware and form emotional bonds, i think we can't really go much more wrong... and yet, the only reason i feel comfortable defending this position is because i have absolutely no confidence that the consumption of pork will ever be banned in my lifetime, i simply adore the taste of the filthy bastards, and it's about the only meat i can afford on a regular basis. i still think we could afford to treat them more humanely, though

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6981 on: October 18, 2013, 08:00:35 pm »

I like bacon as flavouring, but not for actually eating. Weird texture.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6982 on: October 18, 2013, 08:02:22 pm »

The best bacon [...] crispy
Statement veracity automatically invalidated.

What's your beef with crispy bacon?

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6983 on: October 18, 2013, 08:03:42 pm »

I mean, the place has high-quality meats. Pig is actually pretty bad for the human to eat.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6984 on: October 18, 2013, 08:04:34 pm »

Oh God, bacon. No. No bacon por favor.

Do not want. After an... Incident at the factory involving scratch-and-sniff stickers, I can no longer stand the smell of the bacon.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6985 on: October 18, 2013, 08:11:08 pm »

Come now, children. Eat your fish.

come on guys, don't be hypocrites, just accept the self evident premise that any of your gustatory opinions that contradict mine are factually wrong.
joking aside, i really feel bad for what we do to pigs. they are highly intelligent social creatures, they are self aware and form emotional bonds, i think we can't really go much more wrong... and yet, the only reason i feel comfortable defending this position is because i have absolutely no confidence that the consumption of pork will ever be banned in my lifetime, i simply adore the taste of the filthy bastards, and it's about the only meat i can afford on a regular basis. i still think we could afford to treat them more humanely, though

Step one: ban the practice of cutting of life's tails. Oh, but then they chew each others' tails off you say and get infected? Well, hypothetical strawman pigfarmer, if your pigs can't even live without being so stressed out they routinely chew pieces off of one another then you're not doing it right.

Oh well. If it would only work that way.
Love, scriver~

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6986 on: October 18, 2013, 08:14:35 pm »

I really enjoy fish. Some herring, haddock, good bit of pan fried seabass with a nice sauce and some green beans, salmon stirfry. Seldom cod but I enjoy most fish. I can take most pan fried but my favourite is either breadcrumb, battered or with an oatmeal crust of some kind.

I did see Ray Mears cook a fish in some soil or something once but such things are wizardry to me.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 08:20:53 pm by Owlbread »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6987 on: October 18, 2013, 09:08:42 pm »

What's your beef with crispy bacon?
Nothing, per se, but calling crispy bacon -- of any sort -- the best bacon... well.

I guess maybe the best bacon you've ever had. My... my condolences. If you're ever somehow in the florida panhandle, give me a ring. I might be able to hook you up.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6988 on: October 18, 2013, 09:19:46 pm »

Psh, turkey bacon is best bacon because even if you're a scrublord cook you can still make it that perfect level between soft and crispy, just firm enough to crunch a bit, but not burnt. Also, no giant lumps of fat.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #6989 on: October 18, 2013, 09:35:32 pm »

Turkey bacon is excellent and delicious in its own right. Once you stop expecting it to be an inferior bacon knockoff, it becomes a wonderful dish.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 510