Yes
- 156 (42.6%)
No
- 17 (4.6%)
I have no opinion and prefer to select the zany "other" option on forum polls
- 193 (52.7%)

Total Members Voted: 364

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 84

Author Topic: I badly draw your reports!  (Read 325189 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
Re: I badly draw your reports!
« Reply #1095 on: January 14, 2013, 08:01:57 pm »

Well, God is usually referred to as He--in fact, I've never seen it used that way for anything but a deity.
I think capitalization is consistent for fight logs because it's better than the alternative.
the diggle pierces the miner in the head, shattering his skull and imploding his little dwarven brain!
the miner is deceased sorry :(

how Is inconsistent Capitalization a problem At All?
It hurts my brain.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: January 14, 2013, 08:06:33 pm »

Well, God is usually referred to as He--in fact, I've never seen it used that way for anything but a deity.
I think capitalization is consistent for fight logs because it's better than the alternative.
the diggle pierces the miner in the head, shattering his skull and imploding his little dwarven brain!

It hurts my brain.
That WAS indeed my point.

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: January 15, 2013, 03:10:53 am »

It hurts my brain.
That WAS indeed my point.
I'm sorry.

MattStriker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: January 20, 2013, 07:38:41 am »

Long-time lurker here finally coming out of the woodwork for this thread...

I'm pretty much a newbie at DF and still trying to figure out how things work. One thing I was experimenting with was using drawbridges as traps. I set up one to block off the shortest access route, in theory forcing invaders to path halfway around my walls to get to the other possible entrance. During testing, I found that random junk (dead frog, I think) left on the bridge when it folded up ended up launched in the air. I figured that was worth further experimentation. So when the next goblin ambush arrived, I had that bridge stocked with all kinds of useless stuff and tried to time the lever pull so the gobbos would be in the area of effect.

At the same time, I also had one dorf who'd gone stark raving after failing to complete an artifact (to this day I have no idea what kind of items he actually wanted. I bought everything that looked likely from the caravan and nothing worked).

Goblins arrived at the bridge at the same time as the naked, mad dwarf did. The lever got pulled just as he wandered onto the bridge.

A few very crowded moments later, the mad dwarf and two goblins (one of them the squad leader) were dead and the rest of them were in full retreat.

I tried to work out the exact sequence of events from the logs afterwards but couldn't make much sense of it. I'm fairly sure however that at one point the naked, flying lunatic struck a goblin, breaking assorted limbs on both sides and toppling them both down 3 z-levels into my moat (which I'd planned to fill with water but hadn't at that point. Oops). The other goblin may have dodged away from the ballistic nudist and jumped into the moat of his own volition.

In any case, that poor madman went out in what was probably the dwarfiest way imaginable. I figured it might make a good image for this thread :P.

Another short one: Playing around in the testing arena I created a dorf in full steel armor. Then I went on to create a hammerhead shark in the waterway next to the dorf to see how he'd react to the threat.
The shark died instantly.

I tried again. Same result...one dead shark and, curiously enough, some pieces of steel equipment...

Turns out I hadn't cleared the items I'd picked while creating the dwarf and they all spawned on top of the shark.
Shark plunges one z-level into water, steel armor and weapons drop in after the shark, shark gets chopped up by spinning steel axe. I kinda picture it looking up with a Wiley-Coyote-style expression just before impact.
Distinct case of divine oopsie on my part...

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: January 23, 2013, 12:19:24 pm »

Okay. Everything is all complicated and it's mid-terms BUT when they are over I will spend all day drawing these things and catching up.

In the meantime, here's some more large-scale art!
My wooden badge was delicious.

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished System Administrator
    • View Profile
    • cDusto (my personal server)
« Reply #1100 on: January 23, 2013, 04:55:13 pm »

Something is WRONG with their defenses. How did a gobbo or w/e get that far without becoming a ‼gobbo‼?
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: January 23, 2013, 05:26:29 pm »

Something is WRONG with their defenses. How did a gobbo or w/e get that far without becoming a ‼gobbo‼?
It snuck through the caverns while the entire military was busy fighting a snot FB or whatever, cleverly avoiding the traps by only stepping on tiles where there weren't any rotting babysnatcher corpses with holes through them.
My wooden badge was delicious.

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: January 23, 2013, 06:17:56 pm »

I just wanted to ask, has anyone ever had a salesman that they thought was like the Happy Mask Salesman?

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: January 23, 2013, 06:29:45 pm »

I just wanted to ask, has anyone ever had a salesman that they thought was like the Happy Mask Salesman?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Of course. Elves tend to get angry if you try to give them wooden objects. Or if they lose their diplomat.
However, the diplomat is not cursed and
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: January 23, 2013, 06:32:18 pm »

All the time. With the elven caravan.

Merchant (super "flamingly elven"): why helloooo there my good dwarves! Tee hee! We brought all these lovely bolts of 100% organic, designer cloth!

Dwarven broker: aye. I see that. How about some o' dis fine dwarven soap...

*Happy Mask Salesman reaction*
Merchant: Oh my! It's an attrocity! An ATTROCITY! Beautiful trees, burned into ashes, boiled down into lye, then mixed with some poor animal's natural winter reserves, and sold for profit! *foams at mouth*

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: January 23, 2013, 06:36:33 pm »

Why do I have a feeling GoombaGeek will draw that…?

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: January 23, 2013, 06:42:49 pm »

I see the Dwarves still have no beards.

Eldestish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: January 23, 2013, 06:47:38 pm »

I accidentally left my High Master woodworker making bins on repeat to hold all the coke my smelter was churning out....
Since I was short on crafts or X(Silk Sock)X's I bought all that I needed from the dwarven traders with the extra bins.
I imagine the traders hauling wagons full of empty bins all the way back to whatever city they came from.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 06:57:42 pm by Eldestish »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: January 23, 2013, 06:49:25 pm »

Ever hear of "rosie the rivetter"?  Well, those are "Urists, the miners"!

A sexy, armor clad, all female ore harvesting troupe!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: January 24, 2013, 02:02:19 am »

I see the Dwarves still have no beards.
The heads ARE the beards.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 84