Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 216

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV  (Read 449751 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis IV
« Reply #540 on: August 21, 2013, 10:18:44 am »

Well, you'd think (not from the tooltip, but just what's more logical) that republics get CBs against theocracies and monarchies and vice versa.

edit: although you probably do border republics... No idea how it works though, as while I always go for Diplomatic as my first idea group I never go that far into the group.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: August 21, 2013, 10:25:21 am »

Well, you'd think (not from the tooltip, but just what's more logical) that republics get CBs against theocracies and monarchies and vice versa.

edit: although you probably do border republics... No idea how it works though, as while I always go for Diplomatic as my first idea group I never go that far into the group.
It does not work on kingdoms, noble republics or administrative republics. I don't border any theocracies so can't give feedback on them.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: August 21, 2013, 10:27:26 am »

I checked the files. Only monarchies and republics get it.

Code: [Select]
# Revolutionary CB
cb_revolutionary = {

prerequisites = {
is_neighbor_of = FROM
cb_on_government_enemies =  yes
OR = {
AND = {
government = monarchy
FROM = { government = republic }
}
AND = {
government = republic
NOT = { FROM = { government = republic } }
}
}
}

war_goal = take_province_revolutionary
war_goal = war_goal_change_government_mutual
}

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: August 21, 2013, 11:42:42 am »

Well that's incredibly lame.

Does the Austrian Imperial Authority bonus only get applied on any gains of imperial authority?

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: August 21, 2013, 01:25:13 pm »

Well, now that I have a united and culturally and religiously homogenous Ceylon India its time to conquer the world. I gave Ceylon some tech and military buffs mainly. Controlling all of India I have like 140k manpower. Of course I am stacking mil buildings so its not as crazy as it sounds. I'm making about 45 from trade which based on the 8k people are posting on the paradox forums is nothing. I can't even use all my manpower because the military is so expensive that I can't afford to pay for soldiers. Sadly until I take trade I probably won't be able to make a lot of money and that's 10 or 15 years away. Not that I could do anything with all those troops because of overextension.

pedrito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: August 21, 2013, 02:52:58 pm »

I like the way Idea groups work, I always end up taking different ones, and some of the bonuses are incredible.
Except defensive, which I always take because it is kind of a must with -50% attrition letting you field double size armies.

By the way, Ottoman traditions 33% + Adaptability NI 25% + Having a claim 25% gives a whooping 83.3% discount on coring. Gotta love the Ottos.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: August 21, 2013, 02:56:05 pm »

I always take Diplomacy because trying to do anything without a third diplomat is just so painful :/

Probably going to take Aristocracy as my second Mamluke idea as I really want a fourth diplomat and that +25% manpower and -10% mil tech cost is also very tempting...

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: August 21, 2013, 03:23:11 pm »

I like the way Idea groups work, I always end up taking different ones, and some of the bonuses are incredible.
Except defensive, which I always take because it is kind of a must with -50% attrition letting you field double size armies.

By the way, Ottoman traditions 33% + Adaptability NI 25% + Having a claim 25% gives a whooping 83.3% discount on coring. Gotta love the Ottos.

Does it discount the cost or the time to core? Time to core is the most evil part of this game.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: August 21, 2013, 03:31:35 pm »

cost only, I believe.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: August 21, 2013, 03:50:49 pm »

cost only, I believe.

According to my test, this is not true. It reduces time to core as well.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: August 21, 2013, 03:52:27 pm »

Hmm, that's odd. Doesn't seem to be working in my Byzantines game. Maybe there's some sort of cap involved?

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: August 21, 2013, 06:13:33 pm »

I always take Diplomacy because trying to do anything without a third diplomat is just so painful :/

Probably going to take Aristocracy as my second Mamluke idea as I really want a fourth diplomat and that +25% manpower and -10% mil tech cost is also very tempting...
Build an embassy to get a 3rd diplomat ?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: August 21, 2013, 06:30:56 pm »

How do I even get 1000 ducats so quickly o.O

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: August 21, 2013, 07:45:31 pm »

Modded it so core-creation costs twice as much. It shouldn't be so incredibly easy to steamroll-annex whole countries then core the entirety in a couple years.

Working on changing unit building so it costs military power to build light/heavy ships. Shouldn't be able to pump out galleons and barques without any care in the world. Since it's not used for anything else it'll keep the AI/me from spamming trade ships to win.

Making idea groups better. As stated a million times, generic national ideas are awful. Seriously. Hell, even Oman's default national idea is better than most others, what with their -50% to naval maintenance.. Was Paradox thinking? How is that anywhere near balanced? Why would someone pick, let's say, Yemen over Oman in that case? Ugh.

Also: Put merchant on node to collect if possible, redirect to one you can if not. Spam trade ships on that route so all their trade is drained to x node. Switch merchant to different node, spam more ships. Rinse repeat until all trade is blobbed to one node and collected by you. That's how you get a lot of income. Works best with end nodes like Venice/Antwerp, but still very effective otherwise.

I'm not sure if it's a bug, but stacks of ships that wouldn't be able to 'protect trade' on a node with no merchant of your own are not taken off the route when you remove the merchant. Makes it easy to redirect/collect from every node you come across even with the default 2 merchants.

Playing with Oman and 7th in world due to my trade income. Basically, Oman is Middle-East easy mode. Go ahead, try it.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 08:52:19 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: August 21, 2013, 08:06:56 pm »

You blob nerfing monster. Its already hard enough to do a WC and now you are making it even worse?

You know what Muslim easy mode is? Ottomans. At top level they get -83% core cost or something.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 216