Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 216

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV  (Read 451524 times)

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis IV
« Reply #825 on: October 23, 2013, 04:46:39 pm »

Well, I never even tried to do WC in previous EU installments. I am more keen to create world superpowers, rather than `to snatch up as much land as possible`. And it's not even realistic, so to speak.

And I made Brandenburg/Ottomans/Byzantine/Russia/Mali superpowers all in 1600s. I was happy with result, I never really noticed all that horrendous bugs you describe here. All these games was reliant on land, not naval, and my trade superiority only fired so much late into game, strictly due to me controlling hefty landmass, rather than any kind of naval/trade focus.

And idk about any serious army flaws, I had some problems with Russia, I had severe problems with Byzantium; I went 2 land ideas straight away and lost 4 to 11 land tech to my neighbours, but it's was quickly solved with mass hiring merc regiments of proper land tech level and raping everybodies asses around. With brandenburg (read prussian ideas, it's insane!!) I demolished multiple armies thorough, including several 30k vs 80-90k wipes in my favor.

Game works. Amount of new options, compared to EU3 is staggering. Despite of my hate to all heavy graphics and laggy overall game, it's just outright plain better than EU3. Worthy purchase, hands down. I can't even imagine how great it will be after all patches and mods.

Seriously, stupid sliders compared to new 3 types monarch points separated from treasury? No contest.

p.s. I still cry how bad TW: Rome 2 now  :-[
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 04:50:59 pm by gogis »
In Soviet Russia cigarette smokes you

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #826 on: October 24, 2013, 04:37:35 am »

I thought the game ended in 1888 for some reason.
So when it ended in 1821 I was sad.
Sniffles.
I didn't manage to form the Glorious Italian Empire, but I did diplo-annex half of the vassals I freed from the Ottomans. Sniffles. I had the strongest army.
Sniffles.
I was the best income player.
Sniffles.
I even destroyed the revolutionaries without batting an eyelid.
Sniffles more.
And I got back Provence and Dauphnè from those damn frenchmen.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: October 26, 2013, 05:49:20 pm »

I'm venturing to build my mighty Flemish empire at last! I started as Burgondy and made the country a vassal, along with the rest of the low lands for good measure, then took immediate control.

Spent some five years idle filling up the royal treasury (Antwerp is nice) till I had enough to build a decent army. Decided to take my chances and declare war on Burgondy for independance. Through a miraculous series of fortunate events, I managed to crush the habsburg/low land alliance of more then 45000 men with my 16000 strong army.
When I say a series of fortunate events, I mean the heretic uprising my decleration of war spawned handily ontop the 16000 habsburg army that was sitting in one of my provinces, a battle after wich I swooped in and capitalized on the low morale it left them. Followed by a horrible stack of units foolishly throwing themselves at one of my provinces walls (when is it ever a good choice to not wait the siege out), again followed by me utterly crushing their remaining morale despite their overwhelming numbers.

After those dramatic events Habsburg near instantaniously dissolved, leaving its provinces to France and Austria. Rest of the low lands had with little army they had on the run after that last battle, leaving me with war against their alliance of no real military strength. Oh and England likes me, once I end the war I should be able to form and alliance following this royal marriage. Only five years have passed yet to, should be an interesting game. :)

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: October 26, 2013, 07:01:25 pm »

I'm waiting to play until combat modifiers are fixed. Poor Poland. What's the points of combat modifiers that only work when you are higher tech when you are Poland? FML. MY supposedly awesome cavalry are useless.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: October 26, 2013, 07:52:20 pm »

That doesn't make sense to me because there are more than one unit per tech tree, with different combat modifiers. Same tech level, different modifiers, different combat outcome. >_>
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: October 26, 2013, 09:47:00 pm »

So is anyone else here a big cheater like me? Because I REALLY want to know what the hell the syntax is for the "power" cheat.
It seems that it adds tech groups and such, but every time I attempt it I get error messages. Also is there any rime or reason behind the amount of adm/dip/mil power points you can store? I have no idea why there is a limit, or why that limit is what it is.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #831 on: October 26, 2013, 09:59:05 pm »

So is anyone else here a big cheater like me? Because I REALLY want to know what the hell the syntax is for the "power" cheat.
It seems that it adds tech groups and such, but every time I attempt it I get error messages. Also is there any rime or reason behind the amount of adm/dip/mil power points you can store? I have no idea why there is a limit, or why that limit is what it is.
Western tech gets a max of 999 power points, everyone else gets more based on their increased tech cost. If you're cheating then you can keep up with the westerners easily because of it.
And if you mean the power points cheat, it's just "powerpoints". If you mean adding tech groups and whatnot, god only knows.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: October 27, 2013, 02:04:31 am »

To cheat power points just enter mil, adm or dip followed by your chosen number. E.g. "dip 800".

You can cheat above 999/your tech group equivalent so you can tech up above legal limits. If you do have more than 999 and you research a tech it will revert back to 999 and force you to enter the code again if the tech increase is more than 999.
This can be quite handy to see all the different countries' unit sprites throughout the ages. I quite like the later indian sprites since they have fantastic beards and turbans. South Americans get rather colourful late uniforms. Some artillery sprites don't work for some cultures and will revert to generic european halberdier.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 02:06:17 am by Catastrophic lolcats »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: October 27, 2013, 02:31:36 am »

You can cheat above 999/your tech group equivalent so you can tech up above legal limits. If you do have more than 999 and you research a tech it will revert back to 999 and force you to enter the code again if the tech increase is more than 999.
This can be quite handy to see all the different countries' unit sprites throughout the ages. I quite like the later indian sprites since they have fantastic beards and turbans. South Americans get rather colourful late uniforms. Some artillery sprites don't work for some cultures and will revert to generic european halberdier.

So how do I do this thing what you have described?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: October 27, 2013, 02:38:20 am »

ahem
To cheat power points just enter mil, adm or dip [into the console] followed by your chosen number. E.g. "dip 800".
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: October 27, 2013, 03:03:45 am »

Yup as a1s edited my post to make it clearer just punch it into the console. If you don't know how to open the console you have to push the grave accent key (`). It is not tilde (~) like a lot of other games.
If you have a foreign keyboard it might lack the key and you'll have to go hunting on google on how to perform it.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: October 27, 2013, 03:54:26 am »

It's the " key on an azerty for some reason.

...Don't judge me, I used it to murder my ruler. Those incapable ruler modifiers for a tribal government are crippling.  :(

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: October 27, 2013, 05:20:17 am »

On my keyboard, both " and § worked.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: October 27, 2013, 05:28:03 am »

PTW just got the game, playing as the Takeda clan in Japan.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: October 27, 2013, 05:28:10 am »

On mine it's the `/~ key.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 216