Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 216

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV  (Read 451562 times)

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis IV
« Reply #1785 on: December 19, 2014, 02:46:22 am »

Isnt this new teleportation feature in Art of War? Could've sworn I saw something about if they had all land on one continent/island they would teleport over the sea.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: December 19, 2014, 06:04:07 am »

Isnt this new teleportation feature in Art of War? Could've sworn I saw something about if they had all land on one continent/island they would teleport over the sea.
Just for rebels, but yeah they do that, on account of them not having boats, and it's probably simpler to abstract the boats rather than getting the rebels to spawn cogs, embark, and go somewhere, and then you have to deal with rebel naval units and it's gettiing confusing, and the AI has no concept of transports in the first place.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: December 19, 2014, 06:10:42 am »

I would be very surprised if the teleporting soldiers thing was true. It's an easy explanation to jump to, when messing up and getting sieges wrecked is so common for tons of reasons. If you think they're teleporting, savescum and it'll be clear they aren't. If rebels can teleport, I'd say that's a stupid change, but I wouldn't really call it the AI cheating when rebels aren't an AI or opponent, but a mechanic that affects everyone.

And yeah, native nations usually have more money than they know what to do with, so that's not AI cheating either.

I too just assumed that I was mistaken the first few times this has happened. But it's only happened recently and this time I was staring directly at the spot the units appeared. I was planning on save scumming and checking out Ethiopia's units but I was on ironman mode.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: December 19, 2014, 02:07:06 pm »

I normally shove these in my mate's face, but he's gone, so:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Ottomans never recovered from that last war, from now on it's just carpet bombing them. HRE won't be a problem either - with Savoy as the Emperor that has only Naples as ally, I outnumber their forces 4:1, 2:1 if all of HRE fights against me. Gonna try and become the emperor, then either dismantle the empire or renovate it for lulz. (this is ironman)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: December 19, 2014, 03:45:27 pm »

I wonder if it's possible to make a shinto HRE...

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: December 19, 2014, 03:46:53 pm »

since recently you can only be in the hre if you're christian or protestant

paradox is completely shit at their rebalancing

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: December 19, 2014, 03:52:00 pm »

You sure? What if you vassalized and forced religion change on all the HRE electors as Japan?

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: December 19, 2014, 05:11:14 pm »

Unless you mean catholic, that's been around for awhile. There's a reason why Orthodox Ottomans were a thing for so long.

You sure? What if you vassalized and forced religion change on all the HRE electors as Japan?

Vassalizing them doesn't guarantee they vote for you, it just gives a large + in the vote. In this case you would still be stopped by the -1000 for being an invalid religion.
I vaguely remember there being a glitch that allowed you to become non-Christian emperor, I think it required you to murder all nations of a valid religion or something. Hell if I know if its still around.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: December 20, 2014, 03:32:10 pm »

Today I felt the sheer power of the BBB. They got in a war with England and Austria was dragged in with a couple of allies aswell. At some point I said why not, made a backup save, married and allied England and got called into the war aswell.
Holy Moly, isn't England completely useless. Didn't see a single of their units the whole time and all they managed to occupy were some of Genoa's(France's ally) land in Crimea. Austria's army had mostly vanished by the time I joined and even me, Burgundy, Milan and a couple more guys weren't enough to turn the tides. Absolutely nope.

Also, does the AI request military access as necessary to their wars? More than once now I had to ask for access to a few countries and singlehandedly occupy some of our enemies' ally in some obscure corner of Europe simply because the AI wouldn't do anything against them and occupying the countries the AI had access to didn't grant enough warscore for their objectives.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 03:34:42 pm by Uristides »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: December 20, 2014, 03:46:24 pm »

england's land forcelimit is absolute garbage

what did you expect

hre disbands if it can't find a catholic ruler now

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: December 20, 2014, 07:06:57 pm »

Also, does the AI request military access as necessary to their wars? More than once now I had to ask for access to a few countries and singlehandedly occupy some of our enemies' ally in some obscure corner of Europe simply because the AI wouldn't do anything against them and occupying the countries the AI had access to didn't grant enough warscore for their objectives.

They actually tend to request access much more than they need too. Access doesn't cost a relation slot for computers (unless its been changed) and they just get access with pretty much everyone on the same continent as their enemy. What you likely saw was that the AI needed to walk through the territory of someone who hates them, so they couldn't get access.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: December 24, 2014, 09:47:57 pm »

Annexing an OPM causes much more aggressive expansion than taking a single province from someone else.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: December 25, 2014, 02:42:02 am »

A strategy to perhaps negate the negative effects of AE is to improve relations with anyone who might be a threat, perhaps even allying them. Failing that, get some powerful nation somewhere to be your ally.

Seriously, in somewhere like the HRE, you really need to suck up to others to eat the minors, then suck up to outside forces to eat up the majors, all before you can stand by yourself. IIRC the HRE in particular is extremely intolerant of AE (I think there's some extra multiplier), so there more than ever you need to suck up to people. Not only that, you need to take things veeery slowly.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: December 25, 2014, 03:20:21 am »

The best advice I can give with this game is to simply never play in/near the HRE. It's a complete broken mess and not anything but tedious.

Remember, settling for grayskin is the greatest sin an EU4 player can commit second only to playing disgusting unwarrantedly-glorified city state Byzantium.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: December 25, 2014, 03:22:05 am »

Yeah, until late 17th/early 18th century I always improve relations with neighbours of my targets, often the targets themselves. Helps a lot after the war. Beyond that point I'm usually powerful enough that I can take on most coalitions(provided they don't include France).
Pages: 1 ... 118 119 [120] 121 122 ... 216