Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 216

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV  (Read 451476 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis IV
« Reply #2475 on: December 30, 2015, 12:21:59 pm »

Mouse over the morale of the enemy units on the battle screen when you're engaged.

Attackers also get a .5 morale boost on battle start, so that may also help explain it.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2476 on: December 30, 2015, 06:45:30 pm »

One of the early Defensive ideas gives a big boost to morale.  That's probably it.
Lots of country ideas get +10% or +20% morale
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: December 30, 2015, 06:50:54 pm »

One of the early Defensive ideas gives a big boost to morale.  That's probably it.
Lots of country ideas get +10% or +20% morale
The only two that get 20% is Prussia and France. There's something like 50 nations with ideas giving 10% morale though.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: December 30, 2015, 07:08:06 pm »

So if I wanted to convert a CK2 game, what helps determine your national ideas and such? Relatedly, what would be a good/OP conversion? I.E. any particular scenarios that result in abnormally good ideas?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: December 30, 2015, 07:10:15 pm »

So if I wanted to convert a CK2 game, what helps determine your national ideas and such? Relatedly, what would be a good/OP conversion? I.E. any particular scenarios that result in abnormally good ideas?
I don't know the best ones, but, in short, certain nations have certain ideas, while others simply have the generic and not that good ideas.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2480 on: December 30, 2015, 07:13:14 pm »

Divine ideas are generic but aren't actually very terrible IIRC
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: December 30, 2015, 07:14:11 pm »

Divine ideas are generic but aren't actually very terrible IIRC
I forgot republics and theocracies get specific ideas. I was thinking of the "national ideas" set.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2482 on: December 30, 2015, 07:15:09 pm »

Oh yeah, those are garbage.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: December 30, 2015, 09:01:05 pm »

Naples, Ayutthaya, Georgia, Hausa ideas are awful.

As far as lesser-known idea groups go, the Italian idea group is powerful, along with Karaman, Kazan, and Manchu.

Take a look at Smolensk.  They have a weird, artillery focused idea set.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: December 30, 2015, 09:57:19 pm »

Finished the development with ducats mod. Here's a link.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/mod-ducat-development-1-14-4.900090/
http://www.mediafire.com/download/o6dvj281arck6ns/Ducat_Development.zip

Still haven't run it past 1500, but I'm happy with how it works. OPMs typically improved 0-2 times in that time, while the rich nations in Europe had about as much as they would with MP (with the condition that they actually have money, so nations that lose wars and go into debt didn't raise development, which is great). Still a few nations like Mutapa that may need some restrictions, but on the whole it turned out well, I'd say. Performance at speed 5/4 was a bit choppy for around 20 years, but it stabilized to barely below what I'd normally get. Not bad, considering every nation getting an event that checks all their provinces every 30-90 days.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 10:06:22 pm by UrbanGiraffe »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: December 30, 2015, 10:11:35 pm »

Naples, Ayutthaya, Georgia, Hausa ideas are awful.

As far as lesser-known idea groups go, the Italian idea group is powerful, along with Karaman, Kazan, and Manchu.

Take a look at Smolensk.  They have a weird, artillery focused idea set.
So er, does that mean your ideas on conversion are based on what your primary title was?
So if you for example did a world conquer as Smolensk would you still get their idea set?

This seems like the kind of thing that requires !SCIENCE!, but no one else seems to care, and I've yet to get far enough in a CK2 game to consider conversion. (I have a weird thing where I just can't imagine starting in EU, or even starting in anything other then the earliest date available.)
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: December 30, 2015, 10:57:47 pm »

Haven't a clue.  I don't own the converter.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: December 31, 2015, 01:45:14 am »

I wouldn't have thought of putting it on the steam workshop. Not sure if it works, but I added it.

RoguelikeRazuka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: December 31, 2015, 04:26:30 pm »

Is there a mod for EU4 or CK2 that allows you to play as a state from the ancient world -- Rome, Carthage etc?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 04:28:45 pm by RoguelikeRazuka »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2489 on: December 31, 2015, 04:27:38 pm »

Roma Universalis, Extended Timeline

Both are pretty good. Roma goes further back in time to something around 300BC, basically early Republic days, but Extended Timeline goes to modern-day stuff as well.
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 216