Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 559279 times)

Kirbypowered

• Bay Watcher
  • Proficient Dabbler
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell (BATTLEFAILED 4) - Beware the Aussie
« Reply #1035 on: November 01, 2012, 03:19:49 pm »

If everyone is ok with it, I'll wait until monday before notifying the next player. That way you can have a chance to actually try to play your turn.

Works for me.

I, too, am fine with this.
THE WINTER MEN COME DOWN THE VALLEY AND KILL KILL KILL.
I'm voting for the Plaid Acre up next on COLORS AND MEASUREMENTS weekly.

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: November 01, 2012, 08:11:10 pm »

Having read the What is your fort's flag? thread, I thought I would see what the flag for HFtBCoH would look like.  Behold!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: November 01, 2012, 09:11:09 pm »

It's Battle-Cannon, not Battlecannon.

Currently gennin one with Battle-Cannon instead.

I have no idea what it is, but it looks maddening enough.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 09:16:48 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: November 01, 2012, 09:54:35 pm »

It's Battle-Cannon, not Battlecannon.

Currently gennin one with Battle-Cannon instead.

I have no idea what it is, but it looks maddening enough.

Troll blood?  Adamantine?  Cobalt-60?
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: November 02, 2012, 07:13:33 am »

Both flags would need a lot more vomit to fit in with Horrorfailed.  I'm sure if we give them to the dwarves, they'll take care of that little issue for us.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: November 02, 2012, 12:01:20 pm »

Looks like indigo-dyed cloth to me. Probably some deceased individual's trousers.
I'll be able to play some in about 6 hours.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: November 02, 2012, 10:16:04 pm »

I tried making a flag for Aluonra, and this is what came out:
Anyone else find this... fitting, what with all this Foul One ending the universe nonsense? I guess we you were all screwed from the beginning, eh guys?

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: November 02, 2012, 10:23:42 pm »

I tried making a flag for Aluonra, and this is what came out:
Anyone else find this... fitting, what with all this Foul One ending the universe nonsense? I guess we you were all screwed from the beginning, eh guys?

From the void unto the void.   
So shall it be.
"...Dibs on the pick."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
I'm gonna keep editing this as I go until someone else posts, because I'm bored.
« Reply #1043 on: November 02, 2012, 11:57:15 pm »

I'm gonna keep editing this as I go until someone else posts, because I'm bored.

11th Slate, 508

It's been a horrible month. We have no coffins to bury the dead, so they were left to rot in a heap. My wife and child were among them! Then that bitch, the vampire, got let inside somehow and came in to complain about how awful HER life is. As if there was anything I could do about it, besides install a high-pressure wash and have that disgusting pus-flavored brew covering every square inch of her body. We really need one. Unfortunately, for the moment it will have to be operated manually, and shower-victims will have to be permitted to enter the fortress before being hosed down. Really need to set up a small pump stack pouring water out from above the airlock, but until Nexus is in better shape, emotionally, we have nobody fit to go outside and design the exterior components to this structure.

Worryingly, the world appears to grind to a standstill on occasion, making a horrible, aweful noise as if some sound that was occuring in the background was being repeated over and over in rapid succession. It's been rare, but is rather disruptive to getting things done.*

One of the kids, Catalyst, has taken on a rather strange mood. He may well invent some god-awful worthless bone artifact...

I also took a look in the caverns; there's an army of crundles outside the door. I'm currently drawing plans for a capture tunnel to handle large numbers of the things at any given time.

*[ooc: My computer is being a flaky-ass bitch. Apparently something is wrong with core #1 because it'll freeze suddenly with a massive spike of activity on that core and makes horrible grinding noises. Have you ever listened to a section of death metal on infinite .5-second repeat, lurchign along like a dying dog? Sometimes I wish I could forget what this freezing does to the audio output. It also prevents mouse and keyboard input on occasion. Sometimes this lasts for minutes at a time and I just have to go get a drink or something while I wait for it to calm down.]

21st Slate:

Catalyst's great creation is... a crundle bone bin. An ugly one.

OH ARMOK some bastard of a ghost ripped a woman's leg off at the hip! Poor Pyro.

20th Slate, 508:

Things went from bad to worse with the wierd time-pausy-thingy problem: Time ran in reverse! Rapidly! It reversed right on back to the day before Nexus was let inside. She then went mad and beat on the doors, threatening to kill us when she finally made it inside, which didn't happen. Instead, she was left out there with her zombie pals to wreak of dung and rot. And gods is that an offensive odor! Migrants arrived and were slaughtered. Notably, we all chose not to do what we did last time and went on with our business, no-problemo. This means that Catalyst never made that god-awful bin, which I consider a blessing.

Anyway, that persisted for a week or so and then things went backwards AGAIN! To about the same point in time. This time, though, several interesting things happened: Nexus was once again in a relatively non-murderous mood. I opted to leave her outside anyway, just in case. Some raven corpses made their way inside somehow, mauling an alpaca and Mego. Mego survived the encounter. Then migrants arrived; not the same ones as last time, and only two in number. They fought their way across the plains, taking on about 2-3 undead alone, and made it inside the airlock with her. At that point I decided to let her in, on the condition that she neglect to assault anyone. The migrants chose the names Deathsword and Splint. They're married, apparently. Deathsword was moderately injured by an undead dwarf and immediately admitted to the hospital.

Nexus insisted we meet for weeks; I of course couldn't take any time off and told her to get back to work and worry about it later. At some point, our dear child Kar Puwuncobi passed away, having died of thirst. His mother and the nurse responsible for his care are pretty shook up about it. I don't know why he was admitted o the hospital, though. I wouldn't like to see some sort of wasting syndrome slowly sucking us of all fluids. Not that Nexus won't, if we don't get her contained again soon. Very soon.

Yesterday, Nexus confronted me while I was mining. We argued, and she threw a fit and attacked me. I think I'll be alright, but she gave me a nasty gut-punch that's kept me too nauseous to get out of this damned hospital bed for the last day or so. Doctors still haven't come talk to me yet. Fucking hurts, and that bitch is still standing over me as I write this. It's making me VERY nervous. Volfgarix has also been throwng tantrums. I bet he'll come looking for a dwarven punching bag, too.

21st Slate, 508:

I got out of the hospital to find Volfgarix teasing the giant cave spider up at the entrance. Dear Armok, I hope it eats him and he didn't notice me.

Nexus followed me all the way down to the dig site again, damnit. I don't like being corned by night creatures.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 02:03:10 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: November 03, 2012, 07:09:02 am »

goddamnit i had a gimmick for a hospital based ruler

Redwarf if you can.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Worryingly, the world appears to grind to a standstill on occasion, making a horrible, aweful noise as if some sound that was occuring in the background was being repeated over and over in rapid succession. It's been rare, but is rather disruptive to getting things done.
Posthumous journal of the one and fucking only Dinjoralo
It's happening! Again, the world is stopping, grinding, unmaking. Time itself is starting to lose its linearity! I need to know just what the hell is going on here, and that Viridian guy says he knows everything, at least that I need to know, and I think this qualifies!
So where is that douchebag hiding?! He's a fecking ghostie, the only one here with me, on this fourth plane of existence that should not exist, and yet he still manages to find a way to stay hidden! How does that work?
Oh, and that kid who stole my name and called himself Cerulean died. He triggered a stonefall trap, his leg got broken from the rocks, and then his head exploded for no Armok-damned reason. Grade-A entertainment right there.
EDIT: Now in comic form!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 12:24:34 pm by Dinjoralo »

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've discovered something interesting. While tame, domesticated pets will run from anything they perceive a threat (as is typical of their behavior in older versions of DF), trained pets of wild origin will behave more like they do in the wild. In other words, our cuddly cave spider friend is a relentless murder machine. Great for catching thieves too.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 07:37:39 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: November 03, 2012, 07:16:58 pm »

Humorously, DF decided to crash last night after I'd finished writing that. Everything was reverted to square one again. I've since gotten quite a bit done, though. And saved it. I won't post while playing from now on :P

Probably an update later tonight.
I make Spellcrafts!

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: November 03, 2012, 09:21:27 pm »

Well, as I said, time undoing, existence ceasing to be, my head exploding because I broke my leg, it's all part of the Battlefailed story.
Speaking of my head exploding, I made a little comic about it, and put it in my last post. I put a number of efforts into that, so I'd like if it was viewed at some point.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: November 03, 2012, 10:15:34 pm »

The comic is great. Made me laugh quite a bit.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 136