Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 136

Author Topic: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - Please do not feed the nobles  (Read 558250 times)

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
Re: Horrorfailed the Battle-Cannon of Hell - The Pit of Perdition
« Reply #1365 on: February 21, 2013, 10:20:25 am »

If you can breed cave crocodiles, those'd make pretty good projectiles. A little hard to reload. I think they'd also generate magma mist if skipped over magma fast enough.

I have these moments of awe occasionally when live creatures are suggested as projectiles. Then, I remember this is Bay12, and get a little disappointed, because that's so Looney Tunes. Why not undead critters?

Why not undead FBs? We have a load of them.
Did we just made reality itself commit suicide?
I think that sentence describes all of Failcannon.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: February 21, 2013, 10:45:32 am »

Why not undead critters?

Why not undead dwarves?

Why not bits of undead dwarves?

Why not have a militia squad specifically tasked with dismembering undead dwarves to maximise the ammunition supply?

Silverlock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: February 21, 2013, 01:07:51 pm »

Why not undead critters?

Why not undead dwarves?

Why not bits of undead dwarves?

Why not have a militia squad specifically tasked with dismembering undead dwarves to maximise the ammunition supply?

As long as the bits are on fire.
"All right boys, let's strike the- *crack* whatthefwarblblub..."
"...Dibs on the pick."
Hidden beneath rusting weapons was a mass of assorted bones. An elf, a goblin, even an ogre. All just waiting for someone to walk by and notice them, like some kind of land mine of horror.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: February 21, 2013, 01:19:11 pm »

I had planned on resurrecting every Horrorfailed corpse ever and sealing them in a room. Then when the time is right, the million zombie army would be unleashed to exact vengeance upon the world. Of course, I didn't have the time or the manpower to make this a reality at the point of my turn, so I settled for just resurrecting the FBs.

Ideally the zombie ammunition should be coated in fetid muck and such so that our enemies are compelled to vomit at the slightest touch. And I don't believe it is entirely out of question to draft the catacomb residents in the event we find body parts in short supply.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 01:22:07 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

Dinjoralo

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% more pronounceable than the leading brand.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: February 22, 2013, 07:15:40 pm »

I had planned on resurrecting every Horrorfailed corpse ever and sealing them in a room. Then when the time is right, the million zombie army would be unleashed to exact vengeance upon the world.
Yes! Yes! Yes! Somebody do that! Yes!

NightmareBros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: February 22, 2013, 09:08:48 pm »

Well, it's not a Battlefailed successor if the defenses we built to kill others is only successfull at destroying the fort utterly

Obviously what we need is a water cannon filled with forgotten beast blood syndromes (we could probably put it/them in a kiddie pool so the syndrome can spread into the weapon without the FB drowning or the blood accidently being ejected from the water in it's entirly), that is somehow designed so terribly that half the fortress melts when its fired

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: February 22, 2013, 10:56:47 pm »

Well, it's not a Battlefailed successor if the defenses we built to kill others is only successfull at destroying the fort utterly

Obviously what we need is a water cannon filled with forgotten beast blood syndromes (we could probably put it/them in a kiddie pool so the syndrome can spread into the weapon without the FB drowning or the blood accidently being ejected from the water in it's entirly), that is somehow designed so terribly that half the fortress melts when its fired

Just so everyone knows, the outside of the fortress is covered in a mantle of no less than 6 different fluids of distinct lethality.
I'm positively surprised that they hasn't started a exotermic chemical reaction and caught fire. Yet.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 10:59:25 pm by arcangelsd »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: February 22, 2013, 11:00:34 pm »

Just so everyone knows, the outside of the fortress is covered in a mantle of no less than 6 different fluids of distinct lethality.
I'm positively surprised that they hasn't started a exotermic chemical reaction and caught fire. Yet.

temperature's off for a reason, fire is a fps killer

Foo Quuxman

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: February 23, 2013, 02:28:03 pm »

Hello everyone!

As a newish DF player may I humbly request a dorf and a turn?

Foo Quuxman - Any - Death Biter - Male

temperature's off for a reason, fire is a fps killer

Whelp, there goes one !!plan!! I had  :'(

EDIT: thought I would leave this here:

« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 03:17:12 pm by Foo Quuxman »

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: February 25, 2013, 12:00:56 pm »

Arc, I hope you realize that it's been exactly one month since your turn started.

And you were looking for the Count's mansion right? It's across the hall from El Presidente's house, this is it right here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I find it hilarious that Triaxx's rotting corpse is just chilling by the front door. When and how did he die in that spot?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 12:12:49 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: February 25, 2013, 01:18:35 pm »

Arc, I hope you realize that it's been exactly one month since your turn started.

Yes, I hoped that I could do all the college work, my job and my turn at the same time, but, alas, college work escalated rather... quickly.
I'm sorry for the infinite delays, I did all I could, but I'll just get the Count in his rooms, and upload the save today. I guess it'll be around Autumn in Horrorfailed.
Again, sorry for hogging the fortress for that long.

Uploading it!

It seems that dffd won't let me upload the save.
Weird, let's keep trying, I'll post it when it gets done.
And here it is: It's sad and ironic that the first thing that I do on schedule of this fortress is giving up the save xD

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7423
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 05:54:42 pm by arcangelsd »

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: February 25, 2013, 06:06:15 pm »

Welp, everyone get ready to die. I'm downloading it now, and will look at it soon.  I'm not sure how the FPS will go, but I'll try to fill everyone in on what the current fort is like.

I dunno if I'll get into the building of the cannon yet. It sounds...eh...how you say, really frickin' technical. I haven't even built a working pump stack in my own forts yet, and a cannon sounds leagues more technical.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

arcangelsd

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-builder of the STFO
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: February 25, 2013, 06:10:15 pm »

Well, just jam a lot of zombies in a confined space, fill it with water, and let gravity do the rest.
Add some syndrome inducing "feature" to earn some extra kudos.
As you will see, we have no shortage of "features" there in Horrorfailed

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: February 25, 2013, 06:24:15 pm »

So I took a look at the fortress for my turn. My dwarf-fortress-OCD recoiled in horror and is now crying in the corner. What is this I don't even.

FPS seems steady at 23, there's many many many corpses and worthless bits of clothing lying around. A full detailing of the fortress layout complete with images will be provided later.

EDIT:Browsing through the deceased units, I made an interesting finding. It turns out I'm dead. No one informed me of this, it's quite a shock. to the redwarfing, away!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 06:39:35 pm by Mr Space Cat »
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Theropod Watcher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: February 25, 2013, 08:05:48 pm »

Hey, lurker here delurking to say this is awesome. I finished reading Hellcannon and this in the past couple days, and am glad to see this is still ongoing.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 136