Poll

So....

- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30

Author Topic: TrialFires, Noob Fortress!  (Read 38176 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: TrialFires, Noob Fortress!
« Reply #390 on: September 24, 2012, 09:43:25 pm »

Blood, Magma, Booze.
That is what I crave.
I have been waiting.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Tulx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 25, 2012, 05:53:22 am »

NAV care to elaborate what went wrong with your magma fall, it seems normal to me? Although it is the first magma fall I'm seeing.

Granite

Exploratory mining will be carried out in granite layers in hopes of finding cassiterite. Number of miners in the fort was increased to 10. Copper armament is hardly sufficient.

dacite IEL
schist ML useless
granite IIL cassiterite, galena, bismuthinite
quartzite ML useless
granite IIL cassiterite, galena, bismuthinite
gneiss ML useless
basalt IEL
marble ML useless, flux
rhyolite IEL
diorite IIL
obsidian IEL
gabbro IIL

I want some steel or bronze!!! Maybe there’s some hematite in the IEL.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 06:42:58 am by Tulx »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 25, 2012, 06:51:30 am »

Those images....suddenly I feel like someone needs to drop the entire volcano into hell at some point XD
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 25, 2012, 09:03:28 am »

Ack, I forgot about this. :( How could I?
I'm going to read back through soon and catch up. In the meantime... bump.

By the way, built that waterfall yet?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Tulx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 25, 2012, 12:00:06 pm »

Those images....suddenly I feel like someone needs to drop the entire volcano into hell at some point XD
Not sure if u can do that, since it seems that volcano merges with the magma sea, and that very special place is under the magma sea.

Siege:
4th Granite
8th Granite
26th Granite
27th Granite | Why is there smoke in the stockpiles room? Maybe it is one of those kind of problems that if you ignore them for long enough they disappear by themselves.
1st Felsite | A certain dwarf, called Talvixen, is throwing a tantrum. I think I'm too afraid to play more right now. Please don't lynch me!

By the way, built that waterfall yet?
There's a magma fall under construction.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 12:02:46 pm by Tulx »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 25, 2012, 02:01:49 pm »

The problem with the magmafall is that it doesn't drain fast enough (I fixed the leak)
so if you dig a bigger/better drain, then it will work. Also, I highly recommend giving it a floodgate for !!Safety!!

The smoke is burning charcoal.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Sus

• Bay Watcher
  • For ‼SCIENCE‼!
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 26, 2012, 03:51:54 am »

Not sure if u can do that, since it seems that volcano merges with the magma sea, and that very special place is under the magma sea.
IIRC, magma on top of magma sea counts as "support" for purposes of cave-ins. Short of some really creative engineering, I don't see how you could drop it in there. :(

1st Felsite | A certain dwarf, called Talvixen, is throwing a tantrum. I think I'm too afraid to play more right now. Please don't lynch me!
Smoke is seriously bad mojo. That's what drove everybody over the edge at Boatmurdered, after all.
Also, you need to pimp out Talvixen's bedroom. I say set up that artifact copper table in there and add some lovely engravings, that ought to cheer her up. (She does have her own bedroom, right? ??? )

« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 03:54:46 am by Sus »
Certainly you could argue that DF is a lot like The Sims, only... you know... with more vomit and decapitation.
If you launch a wooden mine cart towards the ocean at a sufficient speed, you can have your entire dwarf sail away in an ark.

Tulx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 26, 2012, 06:05:55 am »

Another unhappy dwarf, will relieve him of his military duties.
TALVIXEAJFAÕJWF what is wrong with you. There was no point in destroying your own bed, now you don't have any bedroom at all.
There you have it, a 2x2 royal bedroom. Go be happy now, dwarf therapists says that your current happiness level is exactly 0, so I'm getting worried.

After my very failed attempt to design a system for flooding goblins with lava, (couldn't think of a way to do this without a sacrificial dwarf) I opened the bridges and threw my whole military at them. Surprisingly it worked. However Doren Monang is in slight pain and Apiks has sensory nerve damage, whatever that means. Let's not go into details shall we, all hail the overseer! Siege has been defeated!

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 26, 2012, 09:26:47 am »

Sensory nerve damage, AGAIN? Okay,okay. No sensory nerves for me then.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

Tulx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 26, 2012, 01:22:28 pm »

This stockpile now only accepts obsidian and basalt - magma safe stones, and has give commands to all 3 mason work shops. Magma safe furniture hurray! Theoretically.
21st Felsite | An elf caravan has arrived!
I don't think I have seen that number to be so low for a long time. Somehow moving goods to trade depot resulted in that.
Oh this is glorious! Golden times have dawned! The masons actually take from the obsidian stockpile while haulers constantly refill. Efficiency level 5000 + it is cool to look at!
It is summer now and the mayor has a mandate to make 3 picks. No problem Fikod.

e: also added a mini furniture stockpile to take stuff from masons workshops and to give it to main furniture stockpile, efficiency level 8000 will ensue.

Apiks I'm not sure that sensory nerve damage might have been from that last time then, sorry for the confusion :P
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 01:29:31 pm by Tulx »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 26, 2012, 02:28:38 pm »

You should probably give Talvixen what she wants, unless you want a berserk baroness. You could give her my room if you really want. Also, you could atom-smash the burning charcoal so there is no more smoke.

No idlers! We won a battle with no casualties!!! Efficiency! Are our dwarves actually competent? This is very odd for a succession game.

Also, I would like another turn.

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 26, 2012, 02:50:44 pm »

hey i took NAV safe and i would like to know

1 why my wife is dead and her upper body is gone

2 why 1 of my children are locked outside the fort

other then that nice going on the stockpile
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

Tulx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 26, 2012, 03:54:37 pm »

You should probably give Talvixen what she wants, unless you want a berserk baroness. You could give her my room if you really want. Also, you could atom-smash the burning charcoal so there is no more smoke.
Talvixen's quarters are soon ready anyway but I think I'll give her someone's accommodations for a while just in case. Also the mayor is probably getting upset sometime soon in the future because he has also some unfilled requirements.

For that charcoal thing I need to put a quantum stockpile under a bridge and then dump all the charcoal there yeah?

No idlers! We won a battle with no casualties!!! Efficiency! Are our dwarves actually competent? This is very odd for a succession game.
I don't know if I have time to set up some elaborate minecart systems or even if they really help with the efficiency but that would be cool if I could.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 04:19:20 pm by Tulx »

Tulx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 27, 2012, 12:21:31 pm »

3rd Hematite | :(
Sure why not sir elf. Although I offered you 1500 in profits I think I can give you another 2000. We can always manufacture another 1000 obsidian toy hammers. Mostly traded for what little food they brought and animals.
1st Malachite | Finally succeeded in quenching the fires of the eternally burning charcoal by having the dwarves channel a hole above it and then fill the hole with water as if it was a pond. The charcoal is now heavily worn though.
NAV I hope that this is what you meant by "the magma fall won't drain fast enough". The drain is bigger now.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 27, 2012, 02:16:57 pm »

NOOOOO! Talvixen, my wife! Don't do it, there's so much to live for.
When she dies, i call her stuff.

and I have no idea if it will drain fast enough. Try it and find out.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30