Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Liberal Crime Ponies?  (Read 9759 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Liberal Crime Ponies?
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2012, 11:55:28 pm »

But it distracted you from the hate and vitriol building beneath the surface, so it has served its' intended porpoise.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2012, 11:56:40 pm »

Grimith: "It doesn't make sense, it doesn't even make dollars."

Also, I hope this doesn't turn into a flame war, because then Today One is probably gonna come down on our asses like a hammer.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2012, 11:59:04 pm »

@ Hans - Again, crappy pun is crappy. But the purpose is respected.

@ Jboy -  Not another money pun.... AH SEE WUT U DID THAR MAN. And if the Toad decides to bring the wrath of the threadlockhammer upon us, so be it. Cause if it gets that bad we deserved it.

Anticheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2012, 12:05:56 am »

Also, I hope this doesn't turn into a flame war, because then Today One is probably gonna come down on our asses like a hammer.

You could at least make an effort to try and address the questions fairly, openly, and politely, rather than instantly assuming any scrutiny of a thread you started is trying to incite a flame war.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2012, 12:10:17 am »

You could at least make an effort to try and address the questions fairly, openly, and politely, rather than instantly assuming any scrutiny of a thread you started is trying to incite a flame war.

Misunderstandings and poor word choice can lead to flame wars. From what I could tell that seems to be what would have caused one but thankfully it seems level heads have prevailed.

Anticheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2012, 12:18:12 am »

So if our heads are level, I'd like to ask again:

Why do you believe MLP is compatible with LCS?

Following on from that, why do you wish to do that? Do you think you can make a start on this yourself?

How do you propose to "MLP-ify" LCS? What changes do you intend to make, and what do you see the final result being?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2012, 12:19:00 am »

I'll be glad if people who have no interest in the topic will refrain from actively sassing the OP, especially given that he's been very gracious in the face of repeated provocation. Polite discussion of the topic is fine.

Putting aside the subculture/religion/injecting it into everything debate, how on earth is My Little Pony even remotely compatible with LCS?

That's a good question. G-Flex described the problem as trying to "mix a children's cartoon show starring ponies learning how to be friends with a violent text game serving as a satire of American politics and fringe domestic terrorist groups". Obviously such a mod would need to discard a few incompatible elements and take some important ones from each, thus producing a violent text game serving as a satire of ponies learning how to be friends. It could be ponies in a modern political setting with a love and friendship platform, staying mostly similar to LCS with a bit of skinning, or they could take the existing world of the show and have the revolution take place there, using in-world justifications. I'm sure the wisdom/heart attacks could be reskinned easily, and seduction can be swapped out for befriending other ponies.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't accusing you of trying to incite a flame war; that was a whole second line of discussion going on that wasn't provoked by your comment.

Anticheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2012, 12:21:03 am »

I know. I was asking him to answer the questions asked earlier in the thread, rather than cry "flame war" and perpetuate it further.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2012, 12:29:28 am »

I've seen the first two seasons of MLP... and its not as great as tv show to deserve the fandom it has received. Its a fantastic little kid show, written in a fashion to be tolerable and enjoyable by their parents, buts its no Tiny Toons when it comes with that dual layer of humor. MiL isn't going to drastically change because you watch from when your 8 to when your 20.

And there is no 'natural' way to make a MLP for LCS. You'd have to change fair to most of the elements of LCS to make it 'ponified', at which point are actually playing LCS anymore?

Just on a personal level, the MLP fandom should just get the fuck over itself. Its an above average kids show. Thats all.

I bet you never you even watched the show and just hate it becuase so many people do. Also, this is the end of our little conversation.
And you dont need to watch a show to obtain an opinion on its fandom.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2012, 12:33:54 am »

[stuff]

I agree it's theoretically possible to convert LCS into a kids' show setting like that if it's done to make some sort of point, parody the show, or whatever, in the same sense in which it's theoretically possible to do a Pee-Wee's Playhouse total conversion mod for the original Deus Ex. If you want, you can hypothetically justify any bizarre combination of things and find some way to make it work to some end, but I don't know if that's what's going on here. Brony subculture seems pretty hell-bent on doing this to everything, just as their default M.O., and I can't figure out why.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2012, 12:34:39 am »

A lot of people have made MLP dark and evil, ever heard of "Cupcakes?" Watch it on youtube, if someone could make THAT from MLP, I don't see why we have to change a whole lot about LCS to Pony-fy it.
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Anticheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2012, 12:34:53 am »

MrWriggles knows where its at. I completely fail to understand the attraction in the proposed pony conversion mods that I've seen for Fallout 3/NV, Civilization V, and Skyrim. Its quite simply not a natural fit for any of these games, and I doubt any show is both good enough and thematically fitting enough to warrant such an effort in almost any game.

I also found a failed My Little Pony-themed remake of Command & Conquer. The developer's second failed project was a Furcadia clone with a goal of explicitly rejecting any monetisation, and his current project is a roguelike based around rape, with Dwarf Fortress listed as one of its influences.

It also has My Little Ponies as a playable race.

I would love to see an example of a Pony-related fan-made product that was in fitting with both the original show and the format/game its being presented in, and that wasn't vapourware. Seeing the above thing advertised on roguelike release lists has severely damaged my faith in ever seeing something sensible and good come out of that community.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 12:36:49 am by Anticheese »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2012, 12:37:53 am »

@ G-Flex - My guess? Just for shits and giggles.

@ Anticheese - See above, cause that sounds disturbingly hilarious.

Anticheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2012, 12:38:37 am »

How on earth is a game about rape hilarious, or in any way acceptable?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2012, 12:40:31 am »

I find many disturbing things rather funny when placed into a game type format. Doesn't mean I think people should REALLY do those things. Just find ponies being one fot he playable races funny is all.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8