Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 48

Author Topic: Playerlogs from 2050  (Read 110283 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Playerlogs from 2050
« Reply #510 on: December 10, 2015, 10:44:39 pm »

Dammit, why.
Right!
Time to decompile this carping stuff, push patches out before someone ELSE gets struck down.

The spambots are back.
Toady has not moved to a tugboat, EA, despite its evilness, has not melted the icecaps, we are still good.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 10, 2015, 10:53:04 pm »

All right, is the main modder some kind of anime nut? 'Cause if he is, I think the guy might just want to fanboy over something....

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 10, 2015, 11:24:48 pm »

Player 1: I just upgraded to 10,000 Core CPU, how come game performance didn't increase?

Player 2: I just bought a liquid nitrogen CPU cooler and overlcocked my CPU to 1,000,000 GHZ damn the game is fast, but DHS stormed my house, they thought I was doing a terorrist attack due to how much power I used. My mom is going to kill me when she gets the power bill. I am so screwed.

Mod: Just released a Virtual Reality Mod to visualize dwarf fortress.
Mod: ESP DF. Don't need to type anymore. This Mod works with your brain implants. Finally Dwarf Fortress has reached 2030.

Toady Update: Completed the move to a tug boat. The polar ice caps melting finally flooded us out. All is good. We have a satellite uplink and use hydro power since we are on the ocean. However, now I need to budget time to fish and clean the boat.

Saw on the news today that the DF virtual reality mod bugged out and now several players are stuck in the game as adventurers, they tried to remove the helmet from one of them and his brain was fried.. The poor poor souls. What was this modder thinking!

Update:
Someone died in game and the same thing happened to them I hope the media doesnt cover this too closely..will give the game a bad rap.
He was struck down for the last time :(
Eh, not like death means that much these days.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 11, 2015, 12:00:00 am »

Bugfix being pushed out.
Turned down the psychosomatic feedback.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #514 on: December 11, 2015, 03:58:49 pm »

Player 1: I just upgraded to 10,000 Core CPU, how come game performance didn't increase?

Player 2: I just bought a liquid nitrogen CPU cooler and overlcocked my CPU to 1,000,000 GHZ damn the game is fast, but DHS stormed my house, they thought I was doing a terorrist attack due to how much power I used. My mom is going to kill me when she gets the power bill. I am so screwed.

Mod: Just released a Virtual Reality Mod to visualize dwarf fortress.
Mod: ESP DF. Don't need to type anymore. This Mod works with your brain implants. Finally Dwarf Fortress has reached 2030.

Toady Update: Completed the move to a tug boat. The polar ice caps melting finally flooded us out. All is good. We have a satellite uplink and use hydro power since we are on the ocean. However, now I need to budget time to fish and clean the boat.

Saw on the news today that the DF virtual reality mod bugged out and now several players are stuck in the game as adventurers, they tried to remove the helmet from one of them and his brain was fried.. The poor poor souls. What was this modder thinking!

Update:
Someone died in game and the same thing happened to them I hope the media doesnt cover this too closely..will give the game a bad rap.
He was struck down for the last time :(
Eh, not like death means that much these days.

Egan_BW doesn't really care about anything anymore.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 11, 2015, 04:04:58 pm »

I got the guy's backup out!
Whew.

I'm printing them a new body right now.
Sigtext

palu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 11, 2015, 04:20:49 pm »

I got the guy's backup out!
Whew.

I'm printing them a new body right now.
Make sure you got the right data. I loaded a dwarf into a friend's body once. He was not amused.
Hmph, palu showing off that reading-the-instructions superpower.
The internet encourages thoughtful, intelligent discussion and if you disagree I hate you.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 11, 2015, 05:35:15 pm »

Ok, we are facing a SAO-level emergancy right here. Not that dangerous, even with the super-advanced ai. I think 64chan's hackers are currently succeding in their attempt to defeat the "Cardinal system". I'm sure they will get the obscure anime fan behind all of this pretty soon.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 11, 2015, 05:37:03 pm »

@palu: Don't worry, I tested them on their profile.

...Whoa, whoa, who hacked my bioprinter?!

It's not even on the network!

Wait, did they SERIOUSLY decide to...

Geez.

I'm not going to

* TheBiggerFish is now - - CURRENTLY INDISPOSED - -:Dealing with human contact.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 05:40:20 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 11, 2015, 05:40:58 pm »

Don't worry, the hackers just got to the failsafe parts of the mod. Your friend will get out soon all fine.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: December 11, 2015, 05:45:02 pm »

I just uploaded Star-Craft into DF, modded the Zerg overmind with using DF-hack with the goal of [infest:4Chan] and let it loose, Don't ask questions.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: December 11, 2015, 05:51:53 pm »

Don't worry, the hackers just got to the failsafe parts of the mod. Your friend will get out soon all fine.

I'm back.

I was not expecting who/what came out, to say the least.

@crazyabe:
And I just quarantined your outbound IP traffic before that job went through.

As much as 4chan is annoying at times, we shouldn't tick off /tg/, they'll unleash Reasonable Marines at the offenders.
They are not, despite the name, known for resolving things without the use of force.  More like being right behind you already.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 05:55:27 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: December 11, 2015, 07:06:56 pm »

4chan? That old site? I think its mostly dead by this point. Still, you can't attack 4chan, they do have a very powerful hacker/pirate group operating in its ruins.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 11, 2015, 08:03:06 pm »

Poketwo, just because you like the higher binary numbers...

They're very active, actually.

I pop in occasionally to get minis from tg.
Sigtext

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 11, 2015, 08:31:40 pm »

When you want to 3D print that interesting weapon you see in the game, make sure you have the weapon selected and not the goblin holding it.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 48