Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 48

Author Topic: Playerlogs from 2050  (Read 110556 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Playerlogs from 2050
« Reply #630 on: February 27, 2016, 03:52:15 pm »

HELLO BAY TWALVE THIS IS DUNAMISDEIS WE ARE FINE NO CAUSE FOR PARTICL CANNON. HAVE NICE DAY ARCURAN SOUNDS DELICIOUS. THANKS YOU
*Looks in direction of text feed.  Gimmie a second guys, looks like Dunamis set the circus loose on town, clearing up the problem now.
*BOOOM*
Anyone have word on that plugin?  This dragon is getting a bit uncontrollable.
Quote from: Dunamisdeos
Ha ha wait guy I was just----

Someone made the tech to fix that, right?  The one that brings the planet from before the event back?  I really don't want to see what we will go through this time to get out of the constantg mess that wrecking planets causes.
Yeah, it's fixed.

----kidding, nothing to worry about. Hey, did something happen?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: February 27, 2016, 03:52:58 pm »

Yeah, explosions.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: February 27, 2016, 03:57:10 pm »

----kidding, nothing to worry about. Hey, did something happen?

May want to triple check up on your offworld communications systems and demonic countermeasures.  Your planet went offline for a bit there.  Maybe do a temporal resync as you may be a bit off with the rest of the universe.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 03:58:50 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: February 27, 2016, 04:02:58 pm »

Oh yeah, you died and must have gone back to an earlier savestate. Here, I'll pass you the state of your mind at the exact moment of death (and no later, hehe) so you can merge back.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: February 27, 2016, 04:17:38 pm »

That's it, I'm going to Risa, and I'm taking my best friend COMMANDER WILLIAM RIKER with me.

FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: February 27, 2016, 04:18:41 pm »

Oh boy.
CTRL-Z CTRL-Z CTRL-Z
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Urist McForumposter

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Secretly a Necromancer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: February 27, 2016, 10:21:35 pm »

"Hey look, Toady implemented magic!"
Worship!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: February 27, 2016, 11:48:46 pm »

You just now noticed?
Sigtext

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: February 28, 2016, 02:19:47 pm »

Since DF isn't connected to the wikiAI by default, the intelligent creatures will keep any bugs that were in the Entertainment Intelligence agents at the time DF was published.*  Looks like DF uses types 2, 8, 19 and 108 (remember that type 66 is added by the Supervillains Mod and not part of vanilla).  Anyways, you can look at the change logs on wikiAI to see what kinds of problems will give your critters fits.

Well, more precisely your household AI can check the change logs for you.  No human has been able to solve the Captcha on wikiAI for almost a decade, but I digress.

A patch just came out for the type 19's stating that agents will no longer overreact to colors considered offensive in their assigned culture.  DF uses type 19 for flying creatures.  I thought I'd have some fun and make keas offended by green and watch them try to do battle with the trees.

Giant keas inherited the same distaste, which made for some fun until an elven army showed up to defend the trees.  With their green-dyed tunics.  For once I'm rooting for the keas!

*This is a safety feature.  One of the earliest experiments with AI in Dwarf Fortress scheduled all of the visiting humans for slaughter.  It was 2016, so they weren't real humans... but it seemed to spook Toady.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: February 28, 2016, 05:06:13 pm »

Does anyone know how to set the magic sliders so that magical creatures exist independently of spellcasting? I've tried setting general magic to 5/100, but that seems to make wizards teach everyone cantrips that expend the entirety of their lifeforce to cast.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #640 on: February 28, 2016, 06:27:32 pm »

Urist cancels productivity: Interrupted by kitten dwarf hybrid

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #641 on: February 28, 2016, 07:16:25 pm »

Anybody read Firebird? Yeah, that was kind of close to modern AI. But the physics was just ridiculous. There is an ever-approaching Grand Theory of Everything, getting ever closer to absolute certainty, but never reaching it. That's truth. Bah, humbug to all who claim there is no GTE. Like the author of Firebird. Good author though.

Edit: Yeah, I read stuff from the 2000-decade. And from Britain in the 1980's. So what?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 01, 2016, 03:58:21 pm »

Dear god, dear god.

My dwarves have declared war against me. I lost control of a huge portion of my fortress three hours ago. They have been blasting loyalist dwarves with nukes and fireballs. they have begun hacking this computer! help!
asfduifjmnhiisx nsdhfjntij sox

Husty barely kept control HELLLP!!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 01, 2016, 03:59:32 pm »

Dude, exit the game and come back not in god mode.
Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 01, 2016, 05:15:28 pm »

Dude, exit the game and come back not in god mode.

If this doesn't work, I'll loan you my Crusader save.  In it, the whole world has essentially turned into a singular nation that effectively worships a hindu-esque pantheon of the players and holds attempting to travel between realities without the express permission of the players as the absolute highest of heresies.  Level of tech I have them at is a little on the absurd side, but I have yet to encounter a situation where requesting them to go to a trouble world doesn't solve the problem near immediately.  Well, except for that one time, but the alliance with Cthulu, Yog-Sothoth, Hastor, and the others solved that problem.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 48