Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 239051 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Prison HYPHEN Architect (v. a18) - Don't tase me bro, I'm reformed
« Reply #900 on: April 09, 2014, 01:11:27 pm »

I have a 20X20 holding cell, if you count the walls.

Should I reuse the space when I get around to building a cell block?
No, keep the holding cell. Reserve space is always good.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: April 09, 2014, 01:23:44 pm »

I have a 20X20 holding cell, if you count the walls.

Should I reuse the space when I get around to building a cell block?
No, keep the holding cell. Reserve space is always good.
If you are really in need of space... but what about when you decide to expand your prison?  Are you going to immediately turn off incoming prisoners once you fill up your cell blocks?  (You still should have a holding cell somewhere, especially if things break.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: April 10, 2014, 08:02:09 am »

Ok, everyone who takes the kitchen course is failing, what the heck am I doing wrong?
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: April 10, 2014, 09:06:24 am »

Some prisoners desire things they are not good at.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: April 10, 2014, 09:29:24 am »

If they have many unmet needs, their concentration will be poor during classes. Also, if they are unable to attend class for whatever reason, they will likely fail.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: April 10, 2014, 09:51:48 am »

Ok, everyone who takes the kitchen course is failing, what the heck am I doing wrong?
Follow one of the dudes taking the course and see what he does.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: April 10, 2014, 12:25:12 pm »

I found out the problem. Turns out, you have to have your cookers positioned NOT against the wall, otherwise there isn't space for the students to stand and watch. >_>. Repositioned the cookers and problem solved
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: April 24, 2014, 05:30:48 pm »

Man, when Max-sec riots, it riots hard. I've been messing around with the island map in the workshop, and a tiny riot started in the cleaning cupboard, apparently by 11 people or so.

It ended with about 20 dead prisoners and 13 dead guards, and some rather injured dogs. I should've gotten body armor a bit sooner, methinks.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: April 24, 2014, 06:12:52 pm »

Man, when Max-sec riots, it riots hard. I've been messing around with the island map in the workshop, and a tiny riot started in the cleaning cupboard, apparently by 11 people or so.

It ended with about 20 dead prisoners and 13 dead guards, and some rather injured dogs. I should've gotten body armor a bit sooner, methinks.

I had a 170ish max-sec prison riot recently. I was getting bored of the prison, so I had been pushing the prisoners towards a riot, and when it happened, it HAPPENED. It started with about 30 people in a shower, and ended up with 60 or so dead guards, an entire dead riot team and paramedic team, and most of the staff dead. Took a second riot team combined with about 20 or so armed guards + 20 or so normal guards that I'd purchased to clear the whole thing out.

When the dust settled, there were something like 50 or 60 prisoners left alive.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: April 24, 2014, 06:22:28 pm »

Oddly enough all of my riots seem to start in the shower. It must be the time of day when the prisoners are generally grumpy and all in the same place.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: April 24, 2014, 06:26:34 pm »

Oddly enough all of my riots seem to start in the shower. It must be the time of day when the prisoners are generally grumpy and all in the same place.
Might be cause most of us are inclined to make em small....  I also put toilets in my shower.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: April 24, 2014, 06:30:59 pm »

Might be cause most of us are inclined to make em small....  I also put toilets in my shower.
Hey, the showers were plenty big enough when I built them. It's just that my prison capacity has increased tenfold since then.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: April 24, 2014, 06:31:48 pm »

I replaced shower time with freetime for this, its resulted in much less shower congestion but also sporadic fights. The latter might just be the maxsecs though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: April 24, 2014, 06:53:42 pm »

The default shower time is right after the sleep block. AKA the time of day when most major needs are unmet thanks to being locked in your cell for ~6 hours.

Until I learned to switch this with free time, my riots always started in the shower.  :o

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: April 24, 2014, 07:00:11 pm »

Maybe it was playing a while ago, but after messing with the Wake --> Free Time --> Shower order, I found the people wanting showers would start raging because they....couldn't shower? People can relieve themselves pretty quickly when they're already in their cells, so it set up about 30 minutes of actual activity, and I had fights. Conversely, with Shower time coming first, guys would get angry but fights would be rare.

This is only probably at 70 prisoners though. Continued to do it this way up until the last two updates, which I haven't messed with yet, and haven't had a lot of problems in the showers. But it's often close to becoming a fight sometimes.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 107