Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 239132 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: Prison HYPHEN Architect
« Reply #375 on: October 04, 2012, 01:23:12 pm »

don't know I did the research but I didn't get riots guard anywhere.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 04, 2012, 03:26:32 pm »

I have sinks and I have 10 trays on the serving line. The problem is they have placed 2 ingredients on to cook and they will not move the cooked food onto the serving line and then after a while they throw it away.
Try re-designating your canteen, they randomly turn into kitchens sometimes. (I swear, some of these bugs must have been put in intentionally...)

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #377 on: October 04, 2012, 04:24:01 pm »

The game's engine solidity (in spite of bugs) impresses me. I do hope in the future introversion looks into licensing it to other devs so we can get hospital-HYPHEN-architect or even dungeon-HYPHEN-architect (not related to DROD)
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 04, 2012, 04:33:12 pm »

The game's engine solidity (in spite of bugs) impresses me. I do hope in the future introversion looks into licensing it to other devs so we can get hospital-HYPHEN-architect or even dungeon-HYPHEN-architect (not related to DROD)

Sounds like a good idea.  I can't wait to play Jurassic Parkhitect!
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 04, 2012, 06:21:21 pm »

monasterytect! but also sim ant 2020 looks a possibility for this engine

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #380 on: October 04, 2012, 06:24:42 pm »

Dwarf-fortress-HYPHEN-architect?  :P
Although that'd be more a game about an alcoaholic midget who never does his design jobs in time and gets crushed by a drawbridge.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #381 on: October 04, 2012, 08:08:15 pm »

This should totally be possible.

Some inmates aren't locked in their cells during the night, but instead of escaping, killing, or stealing stuff, they make cake and watch TV.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 04, 2012, 08:37:30 pm »

It's okay, they weren't real murderers. They only killed some Norwegians.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 05, 2012, 08:26:41 am »

Some inmates aren't locked in their cells during the night, but instead of escaping, killing, or stealing stuff, they make cake and watch TV.

That's adorable.

I also feel like that would never happen in american jails...
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 05, 2012, 09:56:07 am »

Yeah, that's definitely my kind of murderer.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 05, 2012, 01:39:30 pm »

That's adorable.

Probably because of the Nice Management = Nice Prisoners rule that should hopefully get more expansion in this game. If you're nice enough the prisoners will see you as reasonable and decide that they probably should stay.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 05, 2012, 02:27:56 pm »

That's adorable.

Probably because of the Nice Management = Nice Prisoners rule that should hopefully get more expansion in this game. If you're nice enough the prisoners will see you as reasonable and decide that they probably should stay.

Do your time, maybe get it reduced, and you won't have the cops on your butt as you run forever.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 05, 2012, 02:36:49 pm »

Fun discovery of the day: when inmates want to sit down, they pick a random bench/chair on the map, and go for it, obstacles be damned.

I built my offices outside the prison core. I then noticed a steady stream of inmates take on the 'sitting' task, and proceed to stand by the front doors of the prison, waiting for a workman to open them. Once they got through the airlock, they'd walk halfway to the offices and then realize, "Wait, I'm outside. Freedom!"

At first I thought the inmates were lying - they were claiming to be "sitting" while they were actually planning a devious escape. Then I discovered they just wanted to relax in the Psychologist's office.  ::)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 05, 2012, 02:40:05 pm »

This sounds rather similar to dwarven socks.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 05, 2012, 07:54:33 pm »

On the plus side, that prison hasn't yet collapsed due to overpopulation. Maybe I'll just pretend that they've been released - after all, the workmen are happy to let them leave, the guards don't try to stop them, and there's no real penalty for escapees...
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 107