Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 238045 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Prison HYPHEN Architect (v. a14) - Now with more PUPPIES!
« Reply #735 on: October 04, 2013, 10:18:53 am »

Well no, it's pretty useless. After all, even if you know there's a tunnel there, you still have to trace it back to the beginning.

Though well, you could use it as an urgency alarm, and search everything whenever they start to scratch.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: October 04, 2013, 11:21:48 am »

And? You usually have some dog in the kennel, so they'll catch the prisoner. Then you just search the toilets like you have to do anyway.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: October 04, 2013, 11:29:55 am »

And? You usually have some dog in the kennel, so they'll catch the prisoner. Then you just search the toilets like you have to do anyway.
I'm pretty certain dogs only do the barking and the detecting when they're not resting. In an optionally managed system, there should be no nonrusting dogs in the kennel.

Though yes, you can just draw a dog patrol route over a small section out of the wall.

Though, by the time you can afford to build such a huge wall, you should have other ways to prevent escapes.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: October 04, 2013, 03:33:25 pm »

Does anybody know whether the Electric Chair is useful now? AKA: can i kill annoying prisoners finally?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: October 04, 2013, 03:47:12 pm »

Does anybody know whether the Electric Chair is useful now? AKA: can i kill annoying prisoners finally?

All of them? Not that I know of. You can sell your prison.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: October 04, 2013, 03:52:53 pm »

I have seen no mention of Electric chair functionality in any recent updates.

So presumably, no.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: October 12, 2013, 01:34:23 pm »

Well, my first attempt a creating a right-wing hellhole ended in riots that killed a pair of children. I suppose I should have realized that cracking down is an all-or-nothing strategy. If free time isn't enough to satisfy needs completely, all it does it allow them to get into mischief.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: October 25, 2013, 05:55:56 am »

Just bought this a few days ago. Lost a lot of sleep. Loving it.

Things I am hoping/waiting for...

- Fleshed out administration/staff. Right now they are purely basic functionality, and don't have anything really in terms of needs, moods, etc. Ideally you should be keeping an eye on your staff in order to weed out smugglers and lazy bastards.

- The ability to set doors to be open or shut depending on the time of day.
I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: October 25, 2013, 06:01:20 am »

This. ALL OF MY THIS. Having my door between the cell block and canteen open automatically at lunch time would be awesome, and speed things up. You could have it hooked up to a central security computer which could maybe be hacked by particularly techy inmates.
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: October 25, 2013, 08:48:39 am »

This. ALL OF MY THIS. Having my door between the cell block and canteen open automatically at lunch time would be awesome, and speed things up. You could have it hooked up to a central security computer which could maybe be hacked by particularly techy inmates.
I think it's generally good to bolt all internal interarea doors open, unless there is a riot or something?

Staff doors can also be helpful for efficiency, especially near the main gate of the prison -- with another bolted-open prison door that could be locked at will somewhere behind them, of course.

Though that would be awesome...Imagine hacking the central computer of the prison with a mobile phone or something similar.
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: October 25, 2013, 10:19:01 am »

Why would any sensible prison have their main computer attached to the Wifi. (Or really any computer network). Closed circuit exists for a reason.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: October 25, 2013, 10:27:22 am »

Why would any sensible prison have their main computer attached to the Wifi. (Or really any computer network). Closed circuit exists for a reason.

why would your prison be sensible

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: October 25, 2013, 12:00:36 pm »

Well it does start off with prisoners en-route, despite being only an empty field.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: October 25, 2013, 12:18:55 pm »

Well it does start off with prisoners en-route, despite being only an empty field.
Not if you turn prisoner intake off at the beginning.

The idea is that there should always be a way to do things properly. I might want to automate everything, and not have the entire complex collapse because a prisoner used leet hacking to magic the computer with his phone. I want the system to fail because I'm underpaying my programmers, or  a power failure, or because I told my prisoners to clean out the administrative department (Giving them acces to systems). 

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: October 25, 2013, 12:30:57 pm »

I would assume that phones are contraband, so cracking down on electronic contraband should be a way to combat that.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 107