Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 239058 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Prison HYPHEN Architect (v. a14) - Now with more PUPPIES!
« Reply #765 on: November 28, 2013, 12:55:46 pm »

This game is on sale on Steam, is it worth getting?
Yes.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: November 28, 2013, 01:13:50 pm »

Very much yes

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: November 28, 2013, 01:52:09 pm »

An unqualified yes.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: November 29, 2013, 06:42:23 am »

Just played this, bought on the sale.
A must have, but hopefully they'll sort out the VERY annoying bugs, so I can get even more in love with it.

Made a terrible prison first, to see how bad a tantrum spiral ending could be, then I tried making one without any planning and soon it was in a death-loop with negative 300 cash and riots every day, 5 guards that would be revived and fight those riots, with all money going to repairs automatically in the end of the day.

Third try I planned up, managed to make a 40-capacity prison that was growing steady with a laundry, janitor, workshop and also patrol and deployment 'techs'. No incidents and escapes for a long while once I understood stuff - but I got too annoyed with the bugs for now.
Things that made me give up this current version:
- Vehicles can get stuck if something's on the road (a tree, for instance) - took me a while to notice
- Construction workers and their freaking job bugs - including the "won't put doors", "won't demolish wall", "won't place object", "won't place pipes/cables" (this one is the worst)
- Kitchen prisoner jobs: having two kitchens (one for cooks, other for prisoners) make the cooks go around crazy and soon people will be hungry.
- Janitor prisoner jobs: Janitor prisoners seem to help the janitors instead of working on their own (probably unintended), sometimes they will follow the janitor outside of your prison and they will suddenly realize they are near the edge of the map / they are free, and just run away.

The janitor one was fun for me because I had a "secure gate" with a guard "gatekeeper" stationed..he would let the prisoner janitors go outside and, once the prisoner entered in "escape" mode at the edge of the map, the guard would go after him. And then other prisoners would take their place and escape too.
Since I was too busy trying to make workers put objects down, 10 prisoners escaped before I noticed what was going on.
So I decided to wait until another version.

But it was great fun and I hope they put more speed-up options too, 2x speed isn't enough.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 06:46:12 am by Gabeux »
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: November 29, 2013, 09:06:04 am »

ah! new version is now.

no bugfixes in notes, tho.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: November 29, 2013, 09:57:39 am »

- Janitor prisoner jobs: Janitor prisoners seem to help the janitors instead of working on their own (probably unintended), sometimes they will follow the janitor outside of your prison and they will suddenly realize they are near the edge of the map / they are free, and just run away.
I've not had problems with this when I've zoned my gate as staff only (which requires it being a double gate). I recall prisoners going to get ingredients from boxes which are outside unless you do this, also.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: November 29, 2013, 10:20:03 am »

One kitchen and one cantina only. Anything more causes problems. The same goes for laundry.

0.15 has mod support and a staff room.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 10:33:06 am by BigD145 »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: November 29, 2013, 12:04:37 pm »

ah! new version is now.

no bugfixes in notes, tho.
I'd figure performance optimization would be a massive bug fix.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: November 29, 2013, 12:11:51 pm »

4x FPS

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: November 29, 2013, 03:22:07 pm »

For those who want to see the change log quickly:

= Mod system
= Performance optimisations continued
= Staff exhaustion  [Staff Room]
- You will now receive a different federal grant for each category of prisoner [50/100/150]
- New clock speed option : very fast. Runs the game at 5x speed. (Previous fastest speed was 2x)
- The Deployment view is now unlocked by the Chief. [Slight techtree changes]
- You can now scroll by pushing the mouse to the edge of the screen
- The Contraband view now has a sub-toolbar with display options
- Several main menu items have been moved into a new Extras sub menu
- Fixed: Many types of irrelevent equipment will no longer be smuggled into your prison
- Fixed: Power lines were rendered without colour once you'd built more than four power stations
- Fixed: Not all of the Complaints thought bubbles were displaying correctly
- Fixed: Some invalid jobs would appear at the top left of the map as a price

Full version here.

They added the fast forward button, ohh yes.
However I wonder if construction bugs got fixed.
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: November 30, 2013, 02:34:36 am »

I must ask, do medium prisoners just not take/have contraband in a15?  I know in a14, low prisoners were quite insistent on taking everything, repeat offenders, despite the multiple punishments.  Quite the tunnelers too...

Something be wrong with my game or is this normal?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #776 on: November 30, 2013, 02:37:21 am »

Anyone having a problem with the game crashing in the intro video? I also can't kill the process in task manager.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #777 on: November 30, 2013, 08:06:50 am »

Anyone having a problem with the game crashing in the intro video? I also can't kill the process in task manager.
The fact that you can't kill it in task manager means its likely waiting for some hung kernal resource, which is usually the result of a bad driver. Try updating your drivers?

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #778 on: November 30, 2013, 11:29:59 am »

I recently updated my Nvidia drivers, I'll try to find either an older one or a new beta driver. I really never have bothered with any other drivers, is there a way to do a group update?

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
Re: Prison HYPHEN Architect (v. a15) - Now with more PUPPIES!
« Reply #779 on: November 30, 2013, 12:50:57 pm »

Even with individual motherboards, not really. You'll have to download and run them one by one unless your manufacturer happens to have some sort of driver manager.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 107