Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 239069 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Prison HYPHEN Architect (v. a15) - Now with more PUPPIES!
« Reply #795 on: December 12, 2013, 06:25:08 pm »

I have this game. I'm not exactly good at it though.

Has anyone here tried modding? I want to try, but I'm afraid I'll mess up the game by extracting the main.dat files wrong.
Make sure you're reading current modding instructions, not ones made during Alpha 14 or earlier.

Other than that, I haven't tried modding. But the combo grants mod is nice.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: December 24, 2013, 01:07:34 pm »

I think I might've overdone it with the amount of kitchen utilities here. I had to build a second powernet to support the kitchen.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: December 24, 2013, 01:18:17 pm »

They walk one direction to the shower and then the opposite direction to leave the cells? And the guards have to walk all the way down the cell block to break up fights? If they go down someone has to rescue them by walking all the way down the cell block? That is one dangerous prison.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: December 24, 2013, 01:25:36 pm »

It could work, just needs to have a employee-only door into the showers for the guards to get in. Some security cameras on the cell hallway wouldn't hurt.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: December 24, 2013, 01:48:44 pm »

The showers are still on the opposite side of everything else, so the staff door would never be used in pathfinding.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: December 24, 2013, 06:33:09 pm »

They walk one direction to the shower and then the opposite direction to leave the cells? And the guards have to walk all the way down the cell block to break up fights? If they go down someone has to rescue them by walking all the way down the cell block? That is one dangerous prison.
Its a expansion into Medium sized start from Silent Greens in the workshop, with modifications (the solitary block was not there in the original map, among other minor things)
Also Descan, where do you put cameras though? I couldn't tell where they would be useful instead of just adding more guards.

Its named Mega Verdant Silence in the workshop if you want to poke around in it.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 07:02:29 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 11:42:30 am by BigD145 »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: December 27, 2013, 11:19:43 am »

Santa and his elves are forcing the prisoners to make presents.
Magical presents that let the AI properly segregate prisons.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: December 27, 2013, 12:58:43 pm »

I am eager to play with this update now...been waiting for ages for this...alas I have to finish work first...

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: December 27, 2013, 01:49:08 pm »

Zones working properly is the biggest thing in this update.

This is also on sale for 50% off on Steam.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 02:02:45 pm by BigD145 »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: December 27, 2013, 03:19:47 pm »

This is pretty much what we've all been waiting for, can't wait to try it out!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: December 27, 2013, 04:42:54 pm »

Such update.

I was about 2/3rds done on my 300+ capacity prison. Guess this means I'll be starting over....again.....

With zones though! I'm not going to fool with lakes for right now as that seems to be an invitation to buginess. It doesn't really apply to the type of prisons I make, but for people playing legit games that's a pretty nice randomization feature to keep things fresh and challenge designs.

The wood industry....I'm kinda meh on. Again, this is probably nice for people who aren't hacking their cash flow. Although it would be pretty cool to zone off a huge agriculture zone for your prison.

Road gates are pretty cool. I just wish the road logic didn't break when you put anything between the road and the joining edge of a delivery zone. I've tried several configurations of protected entryways and delivery zones and the AI usually locks up. I may have to do some tests. Because I'd like to have the deliveries zone be the first actual part of the prison people touch, and have it behind at least two gates. Not sure how that will work.

The zone path finding logic is pretty sweet. Multiple facilities being used intelligently by prisoners will really allow for way more efficient designs. Or at least thematic ones.

And I dunno if anyone noticed, but there were a couple new items on the objects menu that were fairly tantalizing. Arcade Machine, Guard lockers, Shotgun and Rifle cabinets and a library bookcase. I'm guessing those relate to the prison armory and prisoner education centers (the arcade machine being just another variety of entertainment object.)

PA is coming to the point where it's surpassing my initial expectations of the game. Really all it needs now is gangs, better prisoner personalities and the last few features they've talked before I'd personally say it's ready for Beta.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 04:56:58 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Yolan

• Bay Watcher
  • There's no such thing as too greedy or too deep!
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: December 28, 2013, 06:07:35 am »

Agreed. This update basically fixes my largest gripes with the current system.

The only thing is that I have a max security prisoner only policy, and I want to be able to find well-behaved people that I can let work in the kitchen or workshop. Now I can do that. But only by, for example, setting them down to medium or min sec, and marking the kitchen/workshop appropriately. This means I then get less money for those prisoners. So I am kind of reducing my own income. But this is a small gripe really.

I'm making a game called "Innkeep!", where you run an inn set in a low-fantasy world and try to lighten your guests pockets. Forum topic here.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #808 on: December 28, 2013, 11:01:33 am »

Wait, can you do the reverse and take a min-sec prisoner and make them high-sec and earn more money for them?
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: December 28, 2013, 11:56:48 am »

Wait, can you do the reverse and take a min-sec prisoner and make them high-sec and earn more money for them?

Skinny 'The Wimp' Hugalot need to be locked in solitary for the safety of his fellow prisoners, who are also locked up in solitary.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 107