Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 238042 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Prison HYPHEN Architect (v. a20) - Something something grading scale
« Reply #945 on: April 30, 2014, 02:49:14 pm »

You can see (and they mention) in the video that prisoner mode is barely functional at the moment. Its like the security room, it doesn't do anything yet but its there and looks like it'll be interesting later.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 30, 2014, 02:51:26 pm »

What, you don't see the point of being able to interact with your prison as a prisoner?

Granted, it's pretty bare-bones, but that doesn't make it pointless, any more than the Chicago Pile was pointless because it couldn't destroy a city.

(yes I just compared Prisoner Mode with nuclear weapons development, fuck you)

There's just no interactivity. You can't choose to punch a guard, fight a prisoner, steal, escape or any of that. I sorta figured a feature like that would be worth waiting on supporting features.

It would be kind of fun to load into an existing prison as a prisoner though, as long as you have the power to do stuff.

It's completely unfinished.
You might even say it's in alpha;)

It's a feature that shows a lot of promise. On the other hand, it's kind of separate from the main goal of the game, which is managing your prison. So I'd guess it's a 'nice to have', but not a major development goal.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: April 30, 2014, 02:53:12 pm »

Jesus Christ guys, yes, I know it's unfinished. I watched the ****ing video. I question why you release a completely, utterly unfinished feature. He said because he didn't want them game to just "end." Who in the right mind would key their warden around the prison, fulfill no needs and do nothing is beyond me though.

It's be like Toady putting in Adventure Mode with nothing to kill and no way to attack. But please, continue to pile on as though you're saying anything that is informative or clever.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 02:55:01 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: April 30, 2014, 03:00:34 pm »

*Shrug* Havn't they released a number of completely, utterly unfinished features before now?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: April 30, 2014, 03:05:06 pm »

*Shrug* Havn't they released a number of completely, utterly unfinished features before now?

I think most of what they released has actually has had a function and a point.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: April 30, 2014, 03:14:23 pm »

Also, it's less a feature than an easter egg at this point. :P

They even said it was a bit of a spoiler when they mentioned it in the video :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: April 30, 2014, 04:48:47 pm »

I think most of what they released has actually has had a function and a point.
Staff rooms (or was it security?) had no point for a number of versions.
But they got a point eventually.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: April 30, 2014, 04:50:57 pm »

Security rooms I can see. That stuff was mapped out long in advance of the first alpha. Sort of like how Execution Chambers have still never been hooked up to do much of anything outside of story mode.

This really seems like Chris just got distracted. Which is OK. I just find it a strange feature to add with zero support considering how fast he put in other features with a degree of usability.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #953 on: April 30, 2014, 05:19:29 pm »

Jesus Christ guys, yes, I know it's unfinished. I watched the ****ing video. I question why you release a completely, utterly unfinished feature. He said because he didn't want them game to just "end." Who in the right mind would key their warden around the prison, fulfill no needs and do nothing is beyond me though.

It's be like Toady putting in Adventure Mode with nothing to kill and no way to attack. But please, continue to pile on as though you're saying anything that is informative or clever.
They haven't 'released' anything. You're playing a game which is in alpha development. Every so often they take a snapshot and send it out/make it available to backers. Not everything will be implemented in a 'feature complete' way in between snapshots.

Laundry, when it was put in, was useless and broken for example. Then they fixed it and tweaked it. This is how development works. With the 'adventure mode' thing they implemented a barebones functionality as a fun test feature to see how it worked. If you don't like it, just don't use it. No reason to bitch about it.

It's like whining about free coffee because it didn't come with enough sugar.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: April 30, 2014, 05:33:10 pm »

When we give software to paying customers, it's a release. Be that an alpha, beta or zeta release, it's a release.

My disappointment comes from the fact I didn't anticipate this feature, am interested in it but it serves zero purpose right now. There are tons of things in PA that could have been released this way but weren't, and it was probably better to keep them until they were ready. This is one feature I feel probably should have stayed in the box until there was something else attached to it.

I'd feel the same way if DF suddenly released a FPS mode where all you can do is turn. Not mad, but definitely puzzled.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 06:32:50 pm by nenjin »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: April 30, 2014, 06:37:50 pm »

Regardless of that stuff, I have a question?

I know that Teachers come for the program externally, and then leave. So I can't hire one.

I have a classroom, with 1 office desk, 1 chair, and 20+ student desks, behind a "Door" (I.E. not a gaol door or a staff door)

But when I go to turn on the program, it says "All rooms full" or something along those lines. I.E. no program will start, and I'm assuming the teacher won't come.

This broken for everyone else, or is my game going "Lolnoob" at me?
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: April 30, 2014, 06:59:20 pm »

Classes are only held during work regime periods, and you need to have a contiguous three hour block of work scheduled to hold classes.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: April 30, 2014, 07:02:08 pm »

Ahhhh, right, I remember sensing something about that when I was doing psychology in my last prison.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: April 30, 2014, 07:03:33 pm »

My prison is entirely too peaceful for some reason.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: April 30, 2014, 07:04:20 pm »

Stop feeding them. That'll fix that problem ;P
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 107