Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 238052 times)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Prison Architect (v. a35) - Full release planned for October!
« Reply #1305 on: July 31, 2015, 01:01:07 pm »

It will probably seem less slow if you are running a prison with it enabled from the start rather than enabling it in an already well developed prison.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: July 31, 2015, 03:31:48 pm »

Yeah, probably.

My prison has quite a bit of fun by itself, although the reoffendig rate is only 11%. I have like 200 releases, three escapes and fifteen deaths. Dunno how to stop people from dying, they're always dead before I realize what's happening. And they're often ex law enforcement and snitches (always both, somehow), and I don't bother to check new arrivals.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: July 31, 2015, 03:33:24 pm »

I say, let the snitches get stitches. It's the natural way of things. I'm not going to nanny the prisoners by doing something stupid ike 'witness protection programs' and 'actual safety'. If they didn't want to get murdered in prison they could have not snitched.
It does give me a good excuse to put armed guards in ALL the showers and yards, though.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: July 31, 2015, 03:37:38 pm »

I have two protective custody cells where I can keep them, but my prison is shittily designed so that's really all I can give them.
My prison is currently at maximum capacity, because if I add any more cell blocks I can't feed everybody nor seat them all in the canteen. As I said, it's pretty shittily designed :P
Also, somehow it's taking ages for anybody to pass foundation education.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: July 31, 2015, 04:12:44 pm »

Prisoners with too much suppression will not learn for crap.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1310 on: July 31, 2015, 04:14:29 pm »

Dunno how to stop people from dying, they're always dead before I realize what's happening. And they're often ex law enforcement and snitches (always both, somehow), and I don't bother to check new arrivals.
If you're not using CIs to reveal traits then they'll keep dying. You need to use a CI to reveal traits on people and then put at-risk prisoners in special custody zones away from everyone else.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: August 01, 2015, 03:17:06 pm »

Prisoners with too much suppression will not learn for crap.
Boo-Hoo, this is a prison not a school.
They should be grateful. That suppression is the armed guards, the only thing keeping them from killing each other. As always, the prisoner's greatest enemy is themselves.
In fact, they should be grateful for everything. Their 1x3 cells (Thanks, lawyers!), the horrible stuff I do for grant money (If I stop smuggling, how will I get grant money for finding drugs in a bangup?), and that time I put a minimum security prisoner in solitary for 24 hours when he did nothing wrong (I wanted to turn him into a snitch but it didn't work), then it turned out he was actually scheduled to be released and I delayed that by a few hours.
I am the best warden. :p

Mattk50

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: August 01, 2015, 08:14:53 pm »

starting a new prison is always such a time investment in this game but i want a prison with gangs, damnit.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: August 02, 2015, 07:04:07 pm »

So after buying Viking Conquest (it's better than Brytenwalda in quality, but sadly is lacking a little in features. Supposedly they do plan some extra content so hesitant yay!) I have enough left to get Age of Wonders 3 Deluxe Edition. Worth?

Wait, what? stupid login changing my current tab, sorry guys.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: August 03, 2015, 04:59:09 am »

Ah, so i started a new Prison, instead of cells the prisoners live in Barracks, except for a select few who are willing to reform who get hotel rooms instead. In any case my capacity was at 81 (72 of which were beds in simple World War II German Stalag style baracks) with 260 Prisoners actually in the prison. Whooo boy. Peace Lasted one Day. Since the last of the five successive riots in five days, three days have passed, the corpses of the over 150 victims havent yet been all ferried out and im lucky that i didn't activate failure conditions.

In 3 of those five riots the prisoners managed to plunder the armory by the way...i still haven't removed all the shotguns...in fact prices for weapons have dropped to an all time low as i have more armed prisoners than armed guards.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: August 03, 2015, 09:14:10 am »

Hmmm... still buggy enough to stop working correctly after leaving it unattended for 5 hours.  Everyone starved to death.  Death count is still 2, snitches get stitches...  Escapes, still 0. 
Its cool, I can ship in another 300 when I get back to it.

There is also this truck driver stuck at the bottom of the map, since the beginning of time.

EDIT:
Started up another map. (Pretty damn convenient to be able to pass along 2 million bucks everytime.)  Less bugs hanging around.  Cell Quality thing is pretty weird. 

I have a whole ton of Q1 cells numbering a bit over 100 at this this point... (2x2 cells with showers)
Having more then 6 Q10 cells bumps it so that the Q1 cells become below average, which pretty much increases the chance of prisoners acting out.  So I'm artificially keeping the Q1 cells as the average for now.  Prison is running pretty smoothly.
I have over 20 pre-built Q10 cells waiting to be made official.  That window space is a huge premium.  It greatly annoys me to see 0-3 folks assigned to Q10 cells.  They don't deserve it.  I'd rather it be empty.  That is what the holding cell is for.
I really should stop putting protective custody folks inside the Q10s.  I'm already inclined to make a decked out mini-canteen and mini-yard area for them, so their cells don't need to be great. (Still, over 14 snitches, cop killers and ex-law enforcement dead already.)

Well, I will be getting into a huge 3x2 cell(Q4) building spree once I get more of the basics down, this will probably be the average, so that I could open up even more Q10.  Too bad the Q10 will probably lose its way above average rating... but... if I could keep a good balance between the Q1 and Q4 cells.

As for Gangs, they are pretty damned rare.  I'll probably pick up some sort of +gang member spawn mod later.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 09:28:36 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #1316 on: August 05, 2015, 04:35:11 am »

So I've decided to try PA again after ignoring it for some time.

But boy oh BOY either are there newly introduced and invisible mechanics that so significantly change the gameplay without warning you simply can't play it now without a thorough walkthrough if you skipped last 2-3 releases... or the game is absolutely BROKEN for me right now. I'm including the first option just to have an illusion of choice, pretty sure second option is what's going on. Still, DAMN.

So first it seems now every, EVERY foundation-built room is considered insecure unless it has a door. So that's kinda logical, yes? But if you put on a large jail door and keep it force-opened (like, you make a big cell block with a corridor in the middle, cells on both sides and then you put said door at the end of the corridor), the room will be considered insecure. So in order to circumvent this, you either have to leave you large doors closed all the time (and thus either having to automate them or keep extra guard in vicinity to keep even the basic flow of prisoners going about)... OR you can just slap a common, normal, not-prisoner-proof door on it. How much sense this makes I'll leave for discussion. Still, nothing TOO game-breaking, I guess?

Second thing is more fun though. So I get message in all my constructed cells/holding room there is no canteen accessible. Despite there is one, fully functional (or at least it should be functional). So I unlock micromanagement. Lo and behold, cell-blocks aren't even assigned to canteen. So I do that manually and warnings disappear. But remember how I said canteen should be functional? Well, from the beginning I've had a warning saying there are no prisoners assigned to it. And even after I do assign them (or at least their cells), that warning is still there. And yes, there is no path blocking or zone issues, at least nothing visible. But even if there WASN'T said warning we still have...

... Issue number three. Prisoners ignore schedule. They stay confined to their cells indefinitely. They DO use in-cell toilets and bed, but I'd say sleep needs is rising surprisingly slowly too. But that could be due to them just standing in their cells whole damn day long. They will try to escape, but that's about it. I have 15 max and 1 med sec guys, but the schedule is the same for all of them. Still doesn't matter because they straight up ignore it.

So the only thing I've done differently this time is doing almost all buildings as separate actual buildings. In the past, my prison was a more of an enclose, connected concrete complex. I'm using a lot of just fenced-off corridors. But even in the past I did so in smaller quantities without problems. I'm GUESSING it has to do something with those "insecure" room problems. But given how at least on Steam forums there seems to be no topic about such bizarre bugs, I'm seriously at a lost here. Anyone of you people experiencing something at least remotely similar?
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: August 05, 2015, 04:54:36 am »

"Secure" really just means "can't walk straight to the map edge". So it includes properly foundationed rooms and areas that are walled/fenced off.
For your schedule issue, you might have accidentally instated a bangup. It happens sometimes.

No idea about the canteen thing though. Could you post screenshots?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #1318 on: August 05, 2015, 05:17:39 am »

Sure, I know what "secure" is about, which makes my problem all the more baffling. IIRC I've first spotted this in my shower building. It's a fully functional building, one 2 space wide entry that exits immediately to a fenced (outside) corridor which connects it to a different parts of the prison. But unless I use doors like I said I use them, the building will flash yellow. Note, only the building, note the corridor also. I mean, you'd think if the building was really an escape route, the corridor would also flash yellow, right? But the corridor is considered and actually is secure, as the shower SHOULD be.

The only thing that makes a tiny bit of sense right now is there's large pipe inside shower, supplying water to shower-heads (but not all, majority is connected with small pipes). So prisoners could theoretically escape through them? If they dig a hole in the ground? Dunno, never had such escapes. But even then the whole damn door issue makes zero sense. Not to mention my laundry room has the same exact problem but it doesn't even have large pipe in it so that makes the whole damn pipe thing moot.

And nope, no bangup. I'll get screenshots soon-ish.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: August 05, 2015, 08:23:48 am »

You have all the zones set correctly? Max, min, staff only, shared, etc? Is there a staff only zone between cells and canteen?
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 107