Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 238062 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Prison Architect - Version 1.0 Release!
« Reply #1380 on: October 13, 2015, 03:01:14 pm »

You need Work time to run classes. Except for Guard Tazer certification.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: October 13, 2015, 05:08:57 pm »

Really enjoying the Escape mode.

Random prison selection seems heavily weighted towards the same few prisons, but there are some really good ones if you browse the workshop.

Some of them are just sloppy, no 'staff only' zone set, so you can walk right into offices and grab things.  Lighters are way OP.

You cant get staff-keys from staff members.  While unrealisic, this is good balance.  Might be too easy if you could beat up any janitor and be able to open all staff doors.

In the well run prisons, its hard to get much done.  Multiple guards per cell block make it hard to stash contraband and dangerous to pop out of a tunnel.  Well patrolled cafeterias  and workshops make it hard to get digging implements... but it can be done with some effort and patience.

I especially like it when people take the time to modify the punishment guidelines, when I get promoted to max-sec and am transferred to a different wing and given a new schedule, or put in solitary for minor offenses when the prison is particularly strict.

I wish contraband had uses besides digging and hitting things.  Like if you could use it to recruit people with, or buy gang protection or something.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: October 13, 2015, 05:55:35 pm »

Cigarettes as currency in prisons is definitely a thing, so, I wouldn't be surprised if they take up that suggestion. Right now it seems a little too easy to build a prison posse as it is.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: October 13, 2015, 07:36:18 pm »

You need Work time to run classes. Except for Guard Tazer certification.
And parole hearings.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: October 14, 2015, 12:34:26 am »

Hmh, I had the impression work time was assigned automatically in the past or something, maybe it has just been too long since starting a new prison. How do you get people to shop? I've set shop with work when other prisoners have freetime, but nobody ever goes to buy anything. It is next to a common room with the front towards it etc.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #1385 on: October 14, 2015, 03:19:59 am »

IIRC you need a shop big enough to support a MINIMUM of 3 guys... IIRC, as said. The more the better though. Also, prisoners buy things during work (because that is also when the shop is open because it is run with prison-work) so if prisoners have programs to attend to during that time, they will pick them over buying stuff. ALSO - they need MONEY to buy stuff. And they get money by working... It's a fun circle.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: October 14, 2015, 03:39:41 am »

Yeah I have it phased so minimum is working when genpop have free time and vice versa. I figured that then the shop would be manned while other guys are free to go buy stuff.

I'll try expanding it larger tho, it has only two slots for workers now.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: October 14, 2015, 09:52:32 am »

You should consider expanding the shop, based on the number of prisoners you have in total.  When it gets to the hundreds, it could get swarmed.  Well, if those prisoners have ways to obtain money anyways. 
Mail and work provide money, maybe visitation too.  I'm unsure of that last one though.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: October 14, 2015, 04:14:27 pm »

You should consider expanding the shop, based on the number of prisoners you have in total.  When it gets to the hundreds, it could get swarmed.  Well, if those prisoners have ways to obtain money anyways. 
Mail and work provide money, maybe visitation too.  I'm unsure of that last one though.
I believe the devs said that visitation provides money in the update video when the feature was released.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: October 14, 2015, 05:29:56 pm »

IIRC you need a shop big enough to support a MINIMUM of 3 guys... IIRC, as said. The more the better though. Also, prisoners buy things during work (because that is also when the shop is open because it is run with prison-work) so if prisoners have programs to attend to during that time, they will pick them over buying stuff. ALSO - they need MONEY to buy stuff. And they get money by working... It's a fun circle.
It's actually two.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: November 13, 2015, 08:32:00 am »

Bunk beds!
Also guns with limited ammo in escape mode and some more intake-simplifing buttons.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: November 13, 2015, 08:40:09 am »

What, where, who? Please links for lazy people like me  :D

To hard to write it in youtube.
Make love not war

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: November 13, 2015, 12:02:48 pm »

Guns are very OP in the hands of prisoners.
Looks like that's been fixed. Actually, they've been nerfed pretty heavily.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: November 13, 2015, 12:09:15 pm »

Guns are very OP in the hands of prisoners.
Looks like that's been fixed. Actually, they've been nerfed pretty heavily.

Code: [Select]
- All ranged weapons now have limited ammo.
Nb you can press G to drop the current weapon.
- Shotgun : 6 shots
- Pistol : 6 shots
- Tazer : 1 shot
- Assault rifle : 30 shots

When you can murder the whole prison from range with a single weapon/item.  Yea, I guess it is a pretty heavy nerf...
(I havn't bothered with escape mode yet.)
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: November 13, 2015, 12:28:13 pm »

escape mode did need a pretty heavy nerf, though.
it was super easy to break down an entire max-sec prison by causing exponentially more trouble and then just abusing the always 1-point skip punishment button

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 107