Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 239080 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prison Architect - Version 1.0 Release!
« Reply #1425 on: November 18, 2015, 12:02:37 am »

Meh, I had it 1/3rd in my last prison and had a mod that slightly increased chances.  Even lowsec had a chance to be gangsters too.
And I do have plans to even out the population in the current one... soon.

And frack... my prison is giving me the not responding.

Also, I need that auto-rebuild/auto-rehire thing from escape mode in my life.  Fires are a huge pain in the arse with the screwing with everything.

EDIT: Fixed the problem by running the thing in safemode then saving it.  And apparently I did acquire a gang leader while I was bitching about it here.  Only noticed when I saw that gangsters were angry cause I'm punishing the leader...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 12:36:40 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: November 18, 2015, 01:45:47 am »

Also, I need that auto-rebuild/auto-rehire thing from escape mode in my life.

Heck yes.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1427 on: November 18, 2015, 06:11:00 am »

ah, I thought legendaries/supermax were a step up from high-risk/maxsec.  no extra funds from that prisoner type?

You get the money from the security you assign them (supermax $ = maxsec $). Which I guess is why everyone who plays this sets everyone to at least Max. Traits give no extra cash.
You don't actually get different amounts of money for higher security prisoners any more. You get a higher initial intake bonus for high sec but once they're in all prisoners pay the same to maintain.

They did it precisely because people were setting everyone to hisec to get cash, which was an exploit

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: November 18, 2015, 10:14:22 am »

I'm actually too lazy to micromanage it, though I do think the exploit should have been a feature.  Simulates corrupt management practices.

Is there an escape penalty?  Maybe one could operate a low cost "revolving door" prison and hit whatever the maximum daily escapes are.  Then collect more intake bonuses the next day.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: November 18, 2015, 01:45:36 pm »

I'm actually too lazy to micromanage it, though I do think the exploit should have been a feature.  Simulates corrupt management practices.

Is there an escape penalty?  Maybe one could operate a low cost "revolving door" prison and hit whatever the maximum daily escapes are.  Then collect more intake bonuses the next day.

Revolving door? Since I've got a lot of minsec, and my current prison pop is 300-400 minsec out of 600, I typically release 10-20 prisoners a day, either for parole bonus or just time over.  Also, I remember the real reason why I keep intake low for the highersec... the bastards tend to stick around longer... or until death.

PS: Extremely Volatile Gang Leader screws with my solitary regime in a harsh way.  I've had to lower punishment times for destruction/attacks/injuries and change em to lockdown.  All cause of him.  The medsec non-volatile Gang Leader is a freaking angel in comparison.
Also, gang member recruitment is gonna screw with my reoffending, security and reform score once they start getting release... 9% reoffending.  Well, they are already screwing with those other 2 scores, cause angry about gang leader = constant lowsec riots and even more snitch/ex shanking.

EDIT
Fun Fact: Murder is 4 hours of solitary.
I've been giving way more hours then that before hand...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 01:48:15 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: November 18, 2015, 01:50:31 pm »

Gangs are srsbsns, man. Its why they're optional in the first place.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: November 18, 2015, 03:56:13 pm »

Gangs are srsbsns, man. Its why they're optional in the first place.
Meh, I've adopted already.  The bitching is pretty much part of the acclimation process here.  Lowsec guys could always use a shotgun blast to the face every now and then anyways.  Some of them could even survive one.

The only thing that truly matters is that none of them gets out unless they are on parole, served their time, for 'events' or sitting in a hearse.

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: November 23, 2015, 10:05:05 am »

Just got my first murdered snitch in my prison. Since I did not have informant I have'nt discover that he was one before this murder. Funnily, three participants in the murder became hypocritical confidential informants. They're pretty dumb though, they didn't reveal any unknown traits and one ratted on himself...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: November 23, 2015, 11:11:16 am »

Just got my first murdered snitch in my prison. Since I did not have informant I have'nt discover that he was one before this murder. Funnily, three participants in the murder became hypocritical confidential informants. They're pretty dumb though, they didn't reveal any unknown traits and one ratted on himself...
You've gotta give em time to acquire information.  The best snitches are the in-prison murderers who have over 100 years.  You won't even feel bad if they get found out.

Though, the best way to keep people alive before you get the information rolling is to separate out the ? ? ? reputation people in their own security section.  Probably supermax if you arn't using it already.  Make sure to put armed guards to suppress the heck out of em, so they cause no trouble.  Also tap all the phones.  1 phone per tap per time slot.  Protective works too, but yea, armed guards are a must.
It is micromanagy, gotta grab the prisoners as they come in.  I havn't bothered to do that in awhile, but it works.

I'd pick up an auto-sorter for them if there was one...  Apparently someone did one for gangs.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 11:13:00 am by Zangi »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: November 26, 2015, 08:20:48 pm »

I created relatively successful prison from scratch and managed to begin my next prison with ~$280,000. Spent it all and the majority of some money gotten from grants to build most of the foundations and walls. In my haste I forgot a space for solitary. Considering an add-on to give solitary its own isolated block. I didn't have enough reserve money and now i'm waiting on the short-term investment to come through so I can get more grant money to build more cells to have a higher income to increase my funds to turn my prison profitable. It'll be a long road, but an awesome one. I think the prison is designed interestingly enough!

@night
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
@day
The Entrance
Storage, the North side of the adminstrative-security-staff building as well as the North cell blocks
The temporary vacant South side
the skeleton-crewed North side where the current (-ly violent) prison population survives.
The abandoned South wing of the admin building. Considering putting the visitation room there.

Lot's of security measures missing. Lacking funds. And just scraping by. Things are gonna be great soon! I can extort my prisoners and pretty the place up. It's gun be great. And no one is gonna shawshank this place.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: November 27, 2015, 05:19:41 pm »

Well, it all came through and really kick started the prison. Added much. Unfortunately there was a riot. Fuck.

@night
the yard.
the admin building courtyard
a morgue that isnt big enough. We had like 23 deaths. Mostly guards.
not sure how to better use this space, one of the "guard towers" was repurposed for a kennel. So far we've only had one tunnel, but I can't seem to find the source of it. Damn.
the new solitary ward, the old makeshift ward was made into a laundry room.
north cell blocks all filled up @60 prisoners.
south cell blocks under construction. I want to fill them up for 120, but ~60 prisoners killed over half my guards. I'm gonna need to invest in tazers and armor I guess, but we're getting really close to running out of money again!!!
the entrance is complete, it's very effective too. If I ever have an excess of money, i'll buy a plot on the otherside of the road and fortify the entrance a little more. I've had a few escapes from prisoners who were left out too long, but I really don't have any worries about prisoners getting out the front, and all the guards are in the back. Escaping is very unlikely, but in that big yard death is hard to escape it seems.
fillin' out yard buildings
considering a second kitchen/canteen, but that shower is the room the riot started in so maybe i'll expand it to avoid further conflict.

So, things have been going well, but fuck riots. Gonna have to be more efficient. Comments/advice. Prison is valued at ~$350,000 dollars right now. Hopefully by the time it is at full capacity/completed it will be valued at about $500,000!

EDIT: value is at ~440,000 now. I'm considering selling it earlier at this price.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 12:36:14 am by Urist McScoopbeard »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: November 28, 2015, 01:28:47 pm »

What is your regime like?  If you have a shower time, yes, that middleright shower is way too small for 60.
Packed like sardines.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: November 28, 2015, 06:30:19 pm »

What is your regime like?  If you have a shower time, yes, that middleright shower is way too small for 60.
Packed like sardines.

Indeed. What happened was that many prisoners were graduated to high security level, so I had about a 20/40 split. I designated the smaller on the "middleright" for them and the larger, newer showers (added later, not seen) by the entrance for the normal security level prisoners. It's reduced negative feelings by quite a lot. Dealt with a few tunnels and subsequent escapees and also a few further escapes from prisoners who told the front gate guard that they had to go wee-wee so that he let them out. In all after completing a few grants I sold the prison for $480,000 and started my new prison with $520,000.

*More was added before I sold it, the prisoner capacity was up to ~115

I'm going to try a similar design except that the offices, logistical, and administrative buildings will be surrounding the cells and yard to try and limit tunneling. This next prison i've turned gangs on and am going to try to start a workshop. Should this prove succesful, i'll be making my way towards gangs, events, and supermax prisons.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 07:01:30 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: November 28, 2015, 09:53:50 pm »

Under Construction.
Not sure how I feel about this one. I originally had a much more turn-of-the-century design... Something you would expect to find in Shawshank Redemption, and I kind of want to go back to that. Also, I think that it might be more pertinent to focus on prisons that are easy to expand instead of spending it all at the start for mega-prison deluxe plus and just letting inmates trickle in. IDK.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: November 30, 2015, 11:01:39 pm »

Sold that last prison for something like $640,000. Not bad, but it had an endemic warfare to it that left two or three dead or escaped every day. It was hard to micromanage.

Built a new SuperMax, all max sec prisoners coming in. It was incredibly fun to manage. Sold for about $860,000. Installed some mods, etc. I think i'm going to go labour camp for this new one and try to make it as massive as possible.

The max-sec $860,000 prison. Had one legendary who killed about 80 guards before I stopped him with a bullet to the head. There's another legendary now who i've locked up in solitary PERMANENTLY. Between beatings he likes to bang on the door and get tag-teamed by three or four guards at once. About 15 gang members, no inmate who really goes more than a day without some sort of infraction. Severe punishments, horrible hygiene, this prison was a blast! I designed it so it would be difficult to escape from, and not one escapee this time!

EDIT: Ooo, or maybe i'll take a request if anyone has got a challenge prison for me?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 11:11:02 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 107