Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 181200 times)

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm just waiting with baited breath for changelings.  Right now, in order to have anyone to fight, I'm running it with Fortress Defense.

Wormsign

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

What the hell is this My Little Pony craze sweeping the nation? The last time I checked it was a little girls cartoon. Now even grown men are into it? I don't think Armok is the God of Bronies! I'm not trying to criticize you if you're into it. Nor am I trying to criticize this or other like minded mods. I can appreciate the time and effort spent on such endeavours. I just don't understand...

Nonetheless I will be sacrificing unwitting ponies that cross my boarders, on the sacrificial altar to Armok!

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

Ehhh, don't worry about it too much. Just don't say that to Militant Bronies and you should be good.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOG GOD

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile

I just don't understand...

Then theres only one thing to do, watch the show! It definitely wont brainwash you!
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

Then theres only one thing to do, watch the show! It definitely wont brainwash you!

Don't say that, if he doesn't want to watch it and just contemplate why people like it, let it be, I personally accept the fact that we like different things.

Now BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile

Don't say that, if he doesn't want to watch it and just contemplate why people like it, let it be, I personally accept the fact that we like different things.

Now BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

RAINBOWS FOR THE RAINBOW GODDESS! CUPCAKES FOR THE CUPCAKE THRONE! LET! THE GALAXY! BUUUURN!!!

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are dumber subjects to ponder the philosophical side of than MLP. :x

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah I don't get it either. How do people watch entertaining shows? It doesn't seem possible.

In other news, this thread totally gave me an idea for a comic. I'll post it this weekend.

Also: bumping back to the first page. Because I can.

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also apples appear as black squares, I guess they don't have a tile association?

Hope this thread isn't dead.

toradrow777

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Been a while since I last played this mod, or Dwarf Fortress in general.  What's a good world gen, embark profile and embark location for a noob, and how's the best way to get started?

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just use the standard gen. I usually pick heavily forested warm areas with sourced water and no aquifer, but at least untamed wilds so I have something to keep the game interesting.

Loadout is pretty much preference. I take two shovels, two axes, an anvil, and no skills. Of course if you embark anywhere even mildly challenging you need more stuff.

Only advice I can give at this point is don't try to support yourself with applebucking early on - it's too slow to feed your ponies, and requires too much labor when there's so many things to do. Gather a bunch of plants and set up farms. Later on, once you've got more labor and a comfortable food buffer, you can start dedicating your dozens of idlers to apple trees.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

there si no equine language file. or I am just being dense ><

mross

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

there si no equine language file. or I am just being dense ><

Pretty sure they just repurposed the elven language with some modifications.

Phenoix12

• Bay Watcher
  • Mysterious Transmissions
    • View Profile

I just got this mod a few days ago and I’ve had a few issues with some bugs.
In Fortress Mode sometimes immigrants will just stand at the edge of the map forever and never become part of the fort.  In a group of five immigrants one or two will just stay at the edge of the map and never move.  Their icons aren’t the normal for the pony casts, they are the ones used for pony merchants.
The other bug, if it is a bug, is that is that I can’t get any food in adventure mode.
Pretty much the only food I get is the five fish I start with and once that’s out I can’t get anymore.  Not sure if it’s a general dwarf fortress bug or just one for this mod but I can’t pick edible plants when I’m in the woods.  Also I managed to find a barrel full goldenrod which I assume is an edible plant for ponies, but when I tried to eat it my adventurer would only lick it.
So I also started an adventure as a human outsider (added in humans personally for this) because humans can eat meat and meat is easy to get by killing random animals.  So I killed a dingo and butchered it for food, it gave me no meat, and parts of edible organs it did give me that in normal Dwarf Fortress a human adventurer would have no problem eating, he would only lick.
Dwarf Fortress.
The only game where throwing babies into a pit with crazed dogs will be considered a beneficial concept.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile

Those are general DF bugs.  The problem with migrants hanging around on the map edge and behaving as merchants is well known and unfortunately still not fixed.  It will probably be fixed in one of the maintenance releases in a few months.  In the mean time, there's nothing the mod can do to get around it.

Food in adventure mode I'm less sure about since I don't play adventure mode really at all, but gathering plants doesn't work yet in adventure mode as far as I know, and is something that the mod can't really get around in a simple way.  I don't know about butchering the dingo.  Is it possible it was too small to give back butchering products?
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 81