Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542689 times)

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter One: Who's Laughing Now?
« Reply #90 on: October 28, 2012, 03:32:49 pm »

"I don't think a demon would be any steps up from a necromancer. It would probably be easier to get Bernard to free us than trick an unholy spawn into helping us without collecting our souls afterward." Philip paused. "Wait, you could mind control him? Why in the gods names haven't you made him less evil? Maybe helped him get over his crush so he could move on with his life? Or... I guess that would be soul control too. Could at least pacify him to give us time to figure this out? Make him catatonic for a bit, or just make him forget he bound us? If you could do that, I'd be forever grateful. That and I wouldn't have to try to kill you, which would probably fail anyway considering how new I am to this whole ghost thing. Oh, um, where are my manners? I'm Philip Zander, former guard of" Philip paused again. "I can't exactly remember whose castle I guarded, just that I died in the line of duty. I'm hoping that's normal for a ghost. Anyway, I'd shake your hand if I could, but I cant."

((Edit: Dang it, just missed the update. That's what I get for proofreading.))
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 28, 2012, 04:16:48 pm »

"Oh also he fancies that girl who was with you earlier, last two questions, wouldn't soul binding be illegal, and what would happen to us if he were die."
((I HAVE A PLAN!))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2012, 05:11:23 pm »

((Edit: Dang it, just missed the update. That's what I get for proofreading.))

((Never fear! The GM is always here! Well, except for about 9 hours from this point onward.))

Philip, having thought carefully about Skip's words, finally speaks up.

"I don't think a demon would be any steps up from a necromancer. It would probably be easier to get Bernard to free us than trick an unholy spawn into helping us without collecting our souls afterward."

"Heh, you obviously don't know Bernie very well. But seriously, though, demons aren't all that bad, from what I hear. According to the myths, the Five Gods themselves were demons or something, and even so, they weren't the only ones that weren't half bad."

There is a brief pause. Philip seems to realize something.

"Wait, you could mind control him? Why in the gods names haven't you made him less evil? Maybe helped him get over his crush so he could move on with his life?

"Well, if I just went around pacifying what I believed to be totally harmless assholes, I wouldn't be a very good person myself, now would I? And this is the first time I've heard of any crush he's had on anyone, to tell you the truth. Didn't think old Bernie had it in him to like anyone, let alone have a crush."

"Yes, and it would probably be soul control to remove a crush, anyway."

"Not entirely, crushes usually involve momentary impulses of very little importance and as such are really easy to control. It's when you try to change the essence of a man when you're veering into soul control."

"Well, couldn't you pacify him? Make him catatonic or something? That wouldn't be soul control."

Skip thinks for a moment.

"You know, you might be on to something there."

He strokes his beard thoughtfully.

"That would totally work! That is, if you distracted him and brought him out into the open. Then I and my friends could probably make him calm as a summer breeze in Naranja. Couldn't hurt a fly then. It wouldn't last forever, obviously, but perhaps you could find a way to free yourself of his power while you're not under immediate duress."

"If you could truly pacify Bernard, I would be forever grateful. I also wouldn't have to try to kill you, which would probably fail anyway, considering how new I am to the whole ghost thing. Oh, where are my manners? I am Philip Zander, former guard of... I can't exactly remember whose castle I guarded, just that I died in the line of duty. I'm hoping that's normal for a ghost. Anyway, I'd shake your hand if I could, but I do seem to have a bit of an intangibility problem."

Skip takes a bow. "Pleased to meet you, Philip. I am Skip Rogers, soon to be a graduate of the College of Illusion in the University of Magic. And this is my significant other and all-around great woman, Tammy Rutkowski," he says, pointing to the unusually attractive dark-haired woman.

"Hi! I'm very pleased to meet you." Tammy smiles charmingly.

"You're the one Bernie has a crush on," Bruce points out.

"Really? I guess I should feel flattered or something. Bernie's pretty silly. For a complete psychopath, you know."

"Seems like we have a plan here. Anything else you'd like to ask?"

"Is soul binding illegal?"

"Very. It's powerful magic. Nigh-unbreakable as well. You'd need some kind of powerful artifact to cast it these days, I think."

"So, what would happen to us if we die?"

"Not sure. I don't think you'd proceed to any afterlife if you did, being soulbound to Bernie. Where he goes, you go. And between you and me? He sounds like prime angry ghost material."

Back at the forest...

Jordan is getting really tired of this bear keeping him from moving on with his wretched unlife! He decides to swing for the bear's neck!

"I SAY, GIVE ME BACK MY FLESH!"

[Jordan vs. BEAR: 6+1 vs. 5-1(rage and distracting pain from grazed nose)]

The axe sweeps across the bear's neck, cleaving through its flesh, making it stagger backwards and bleed profusely! However, it is not out just yet!

[BEAR vs. Jordan: 6(injured) vs. 4-1]

It makes a desperate lunge for Jordan's abdomen, tearing out his heart with its teeth! If Jordan actually needed his circulatory system, he would be in great trouble indeed!

[Bear saving throw versus awful taste: 1]

Although Jordan is briefly saddened at the loss of his heart, he gets it back almost immediately! For the bear vomits the putrid organ and the zombified chunk of flesh along with a whole lot of other things straight out at him, the sudden flood of intestinal juice having been triggered by a two-pronged attack of belly-flesh aftertaste and rotten heart flavor! The bear unsteadily stands for a second, then vomits again! And again! And again!

"Was it really that bad?" Jordan can't help but ask.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 05:41:09 pm by Harry Baldman »

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2012, 05:16:45 pm »

"I don't think hes a given us an order to not lay our hands on hi sister, we could use her as a way to get him to a field and then you know pacification."
Remember all orders given to us by the necromancer/Bernie.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2012, 06:11:25 pm »

Try to hold my tankard with my tail.
((Never know when you have to tri-wield. :P)
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2012, 06:37:33 pm »

"I'm not so sure he cares about his sister enough to surrender for her. Even so kidnapping is wrong, especially kidnapping defenseless girls. Tammy might make good bait, that is if she doesn't mind risking her life for a bunch of undead strangers. We could return to Bernard with her and pretend that she was under some powerful spell you cast, and that killing you made her realize how awesome Bernard is. We could then use Tammy to lure Bernard somewhere where he'll be easy to pacify. The sister might also be a problem, especially if she can undo whatever spell you're planning on using. I'm not sure how we should handle her, or if we even need to."

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2012, 06:39:19 pm »

Samuel will head back to the Necromancer's lair immediately.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2012, 06:43:28 pm »

Samuel will head back to the Necromancer's lair immediately.

((Why am I worried?))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 28, 2012, 09:19:55 pm »

FINISH HIM. SERIOUSLY THIS TIME.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2012, 03:48:06 am »

Quick question, can we modify the archetypes slightly, like changing zombie to peat bog zombie? if it is possible, please disregard the following character sheet:

Name: Montogomery Caid
Archetype: Skeleton

Bio: Montgomery Caid was born with no legs, and was so forced to learn to move around and live with only his arms to move him. Will post longer bio later, but I just loved this idea.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2012, 04:21:31 am »

In the deep, dark woods...

Faced with a ceaselessly vomiting, mostly defenseless, though certainly tenacious foe, Jordan goes for the killing blow!

[Jordan vs. BEAR: 4+1 vs. 2-2]

He brings the axe down upon the bear's skull with awe-inspiring force! The bear's head explodes in a shower of gore!

"Ding, dong, the bear is dead! AHAHAHAHA!"

Jordan does a zombie victory dance in the gore and vomit all around him to celebrate his accomplishment! He is the Mad Scientist Zombie no more, he is the BEARSLAYER, and today he stands triumphant!

Back at the inn...

"How about we get his sister and use her to draw him out?" asks Bruce, realizing that the only direct orders he's been given are to bring back Skip's head and to not kill himself.

"I'm not so sure he cares about his sister enough to surrender for her. Even so, kidnapping is wrong, especially kidnapping defenseless girls. Tammy, on the other hand, would make exceptional bait, that is, if she's willing to risk her life for a bunch of undead strangers. We could return to Bernard with her and pretend that she was under some powerful spell that Skip cast and that killing him made her realize how awesome Bernard is. We could then use Tammy to lure Bernard somewhere he'll be easy to pacify."

"Well, Tammy, what do you think?"

"I could do that, I think. I'd probably be the best candidate, considering that Bernard wants to jump my bones and I could definitely fry his ass if things go too far south," Tammy says, summoning a small spark in her hand.

"Okay then, but what do we do with the sister? She might be a problem, especially if she can undo whatever spell you're planning on using. I'm not sure how to handle her, or if we even need to."

"I don't know her very well, either. Bernie did seem to speak more of her like a lab assistant rather than a family member whenever I brought her up. Maybe the feeling is mutual? I don't know. Ask her, maybe. I'm pretty sure she isn't a mage, though, at least not university-trained."

Samuel decides he's heard enough from the conspirators and slips out of the inn, proceeding back to the necromancer's lair immediately!

[Samuel speedy travel roll: 5]

He reaches it after about twenty minutes of fast jogging! Damn it feels good to be a tireless automaton.

In the meantime, Vincent decides to test out his prehensile tail.

[Vincent tail dexterity: 2]

He slides the tankard onto his tail, but it immediately slips off, hitting the ground with a loud *CLANG* and spilling beer everywhere!

[Inn reaction roll: 6]

Nobody notices. In fact, everybody else seems to become only more engrossed in what they were doing! Vincent has become near-invisible to them!

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 05:32:32 am by Harry Baldman »

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2012, 08:54:47 am »

DAMMINIT!

Insult random.org's mother. Step outside and mug the next stupid drunk walking out.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2012, 09:54:43 am »

Samuel will report everything back to the Necromancer, including who's betraying who, and that Skip knows of his plan. He will also prepare for any punishment that he might...Receive.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2012, 09:58:45 am »

Samuel will report everything back to the Necromancer, including who's betraying who, and that Skip knows of his plan. He will also prepare for any punishment that he might...Receive.
Remember I had no part in this I was busy getting ripped off by a bunch of cardsharps who stole my beloved pitchfork.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2012, 10:10:48 am »

Now that the deed has been completed and I now have the best weapon out of everyone except maybe the ghost, head back to the necromancer to see what's up.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 719