Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542716 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 4: In With The Right Crowd
« Reply #2355 on: January 15, 2013, 03:59:45 pm »

Inside a scarecrow-occupied room...

Tom, still holding on to a strange prejudice against obviously inanimate objects, goes on to slice and dice the the ragdoll until it is just a pile of straw. Simultaneously satisfied and somewhat disappointed in the lack of any ensuing soul-eating, he goes on to find something else to loot.

[Search roll: 6]

As he searches the top levels of the inn, he finds nothing of interest, really. Some priceless vases, some nice-looking statues, but nothing immediately useful to him.

[Perception roll: ?]

He does get a feeling of something being not quite right. For one, there was a fully armored scarecrow impaled through the throat in one of the rooms. Secondly, he's pretty sure he just saw a shadow move. And something went bump somewhere nearby. There is also a curious chirping of various birds.

Something is amiss.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: January 15, 2013, 04:04:18 pm »

'Shadows! They want to steal my lucky charms!'

Continue searching while I break everything in sight, namely those vases.

((I seriously can't tell if you are playing with how paranoid I've made my character, or if I actually got a decent perception roll. I just realized how screwed I'm going to be on those from now on. I can't trust "nothing bad happened" and I really can't trust "EVERYTHING'S ON FIRE AND SH*T!"))
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: January 15, 2013, 04:17:21 pm »

Within a vicious paranoid cycle that may or may not be imaginary...

Tom, unsettled by the general suspicious feel of the area, chooses to relieve his mental pressure by obsessively searching everything and breaking priceless treasures.

[Search roll: 4]

After making sure a few particularly vile pieces of pottery get theirs, Tom finds a peculiar thing in one of them - a slightly jagged piece of metal. It seems like it might have come from a larger object, but he's not quite sure. He picks it up. Who knows, might be a lucky charm of some kind.

He thinks he heard a very faint shuffling somewhere in the hall. The chirping of birds continues unabated as well.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: January 15, 2013, 04:33:12 pm »

Connect the pentacles into one big pentacle.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 04:34:56 pm by Firelordsky »
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: January 15, 2013, 04:33:53 pm »

'I NEED AN ADULT! I NEED AN ADUUUUULT!'

Walk into some of the guest rooms on the upper floors; loot them. If I keep hearing that shuffling noise, throw the dagger at it.

((I was the one who said that, wasn't I? Shiiiiiiiiiiiit.))
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: January 15, 2013, 05:12:13 pm »

"That was a good find, time to test it."
Take the hammer, find a building that isn't the Inn, Vandalise.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: January 15, 2013, 07:45:38 pm »

"Oh hecks! What they got themselves up to now?!"

Timothy groaned uneasily at the lack of any sign of his intact scary-crow companions, and then went to carry Tom down from the roof into Bob's home.
"C'mon Tom, is alright, we's here, nuffin' ta worries about now."

>Carry Tom inside for Bob to hopefully rescue, making a hurried explanation as I do so.

>Then go look for the others.

Timothy learnt: Heroic Soul!

((Apologies for my long absence. I'm trying to catch up on all the games I am behind in, but it's sort of hard as I still don't have as much internet time as usual.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: January 15, 2013, 08:30:19 pm »

((...Damnit Harry. You know what? Screw it.))

Go explore the entire town and murder every living thing I encounter.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: January 16, 2013, 01:02:56 am »

Follow and help gamerlord.
Lets make a anti living riot
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: January 16, 2013, 11:43:33 am »

((Armored scare-crows? Looks like citizen Louis heard of this tournament.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: January 16, 2013, 12:10:39 pm »

In the middle of a whole lot of pentacles...

Vincent stands and pats his ribcage thoughtfully as he ponders the logistics of joining eight pentacles in a single megapentacle. Fortunately, there is still enough blood to make even that possible!

[Intelligence roll: ?]

He decides that it probably wouldn't hurt to just join them up however he can, even if he can only draw a sort of randomly curved line going through all of them. He proceeds to do exactly that, relying on the possibly present gods to sort any potential mishaps out.

[Blood effects roll: 1-1]

After drawing his wacky connector line and having a disproportionate amount of fun doing it, Vincent watches as the blood begins to glow rather blindingly, clapping his hands excitedly at what is sure to be an impressive spectacle. The light grows ever more intense, and a buzzing sound seems to be coming from the drawing. Suddenly, it goes quiet.

Then the screaming and clawing begins.

[Vincent dodge roll: 1+1]

What seems to be a vine crawls at Vincent. Hello, cute little vine! What would you like from your old pal Vincent today?

It seems to really want his ankle, as it immediately grabs it and begins to pull Vincent into the light. Vincent gets the feeling that this might not be good. Plus, that might not actually be a vine.

On the upper floors of Bernie's inn...

Tom decides to loot some more guest rooms. He needs his loot, after all. It's part of the image. He heads over to one room fitting a vaguely guest room-like description and takes a look around for delicious lootables.

[Loot roll: 6]

There's a chest that has something inside, but Tom can't say any more than that on account of the damn thing being locked. It jingles a bit, so it can't be completely worthless, he guesses. Speaking of wild guessing, he remembers that something was most definitely wrong hear at last reckoning. He listens in and prepares for some dagger-throwing.

He doesn't really hear anything too suspicious anymore. Perhaps that in itself is suspicious? Maybe someone noticed he was listening and is now staying quiet to surprise him later? Maybe there was nobody around all along? Maybe the dozens of assassin apes that lurk in the shadows just got bored and left? It's difficult to say.

In the vicinity of a mostly-demolished building...

Luke, happy about his crushing, deadly new acquisition, tries to test it on one of the buildings around.

[Building choice roll: 5]

He walks up to a concrete tower about three stories in height, then proceeds to try and demolish it in as little time as possible!

[Homewrecking roll: 4+1]

He hammers the building thoroughly, smashing through a great many walls and eventually reducing it to a pathetic pile of rubble. Yeah, he'd say that the hammer works pretty well.

In the courtyard of Castle Wossname...

Timothy, unsettled by the incredible incompetence displayed by Fred and Jim, decides to at least save Tom first. A mutilated scary-crow in the hand is worth two unmutilated ones somewhere in an undisclosed location, no?

[Telekinesis roll: 4]

He pulls the sorry remains of Tom from the roof and carries them to Bob, who is downstairs and rather frightened by an impact on his roof, though Tom's ravaged scary-crow body seems to have lost enough straw to not weigh all that much. After receiving a quick explanation on Tom's appearance and somewhat poor condition, Bob sighs.

"Well, I suppose I could try to get him fixed up and use him as a normal scarecrow. Give him here."

Timothy does so, then flies away on the wings of newfound heroism, scanning the area for any sign of Fred or Jim.

[Search roll: 6]

He doesn't have to look too far. In fact, they're right outside the castle! The bad news, however, is that they seem to have already been pressed into servitude. As combat dummies for the guards, of which there seem to be about seven currently practicing.

"Aaaaagh!" yells Fred as a sword stabs through his belly. Jim silently concurs, obtaining a new arrow through the shoulder.

In the streets of Emlocke...

Yorinnsud realizes the flaw in his plan so far. You see, it's rather funny - he's been walking around and looking for tribute and receiving none. In fact, he's even had a beast sent to dispose of him. Obviously these people don't fear him nearly enough. Time to correct that.

He is surprised when he is joined by Mark, who seems to be in an equally riotous mood. Both of them go out looking for trouble!

[Search roll: 1]

Three steps in, they are rudely interrupted by a floating globule of yellow goo. Not one to question such things, Yorinnsud stabs it immediately as Mark gives moral support.

[Globule reaction roll: 3]

It leaves a residue best described as horribly icky on Yorinnsud's blade after a few stabs. Triple ew, man!

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: January 16, 2013, 01:38:58 pm »

Close and lock the door to the guest room and try to pick the lock on the chest.
If I realize I have no idea how to pick locks, then just chop it open.

Greater Collection

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: January 16, 2013, 02:12:49 pm »

Next to a locked, full chest...

Tom closes the door he entered to get inside the guest room, then attempts to lock it!

[Lock mechanism roll: 2]

There doesn't seem to be a lock on the door. At least, none that he can see. Maybe this is a suite rather than just a series of rooms? No matter. Time to open him some chests!

[Lockpicking roll: 1]

He tries to pick the lock for quite a bit before giving up. The lock on this thing is absolutely diabolical! Luckily, he has just the tool for the job! He draws his broadsword and tries to chop the chest open!

[Chest reaction roll: 5]

He chops and chops, but it doesn't seem to do anything! Whatever gashes he makes in the wood quickly heal. That's... uh... pretty odd.

He still has an uneasy feeling about his surroundings. Nothing exact, just a general restlessness in the air.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: January 16, 2013, 02:50:53 pm »

"Cooool, I think I'll go looking for a succubus, could be useful in the scheme of things."
Go to where Burnis is hiding, knock politely, then ask him about sucubusses Sluty demon chicks.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: January 16, 2013, 03:22:02 pm »

'Magical chests? Wonderful! I must have it, and it's contents. No one gets something this cool just to guard their stuff without have phat lewt to guard in the first place!'

Continue trying to pick the lock, disregard ape assassins.
Greater Collection
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 719