Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542877 times)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 4: In With The Right Crowd
« Reply #2475 on: January 20, 2013, 01:09:03 pm »

"Thank you for your help my masters, I can tell you the location of a powerful me romanced who has soul binder me, he has a safe guarded position filled with food and presumably several undead guarding him"
I have arms again! I have a group! I have wood!..en body
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: January 20, 2013, 03:18:18 pm »

Outside an alleyway full of magma...

Yorinnsud quickly ducks out of the alley and yells a declaration of peace!

"Ara-zu-kheeza-tamari-zulan! KHEEZA-TAMARI-ZULAN!"

[Alleyway Assailant intelligence roll: ?]

"You hear that, guys? He means us no harm!"

[Alleyway Assailant reaction roll: 5]

"Well, that's great! We don't really want to kill him either! In fact, ZU-ZERAK-GHATRIMIS! ZULAN-ANATZTIZ-ZU!"

Finally they're speaking Yorinnsud's language. If only the rest were even half as sensible.

Inside a treasure vault...

Darren waits for the people in the group to turn their backs on one another so that he may engage in telekinetic physical comedy, also known as the best part of being a ghost. They do this soon enough, being sufficiently busy pocketing valuables to neglect to keep an eye on one another.

[Telekinesis roll: 4]

He manages to wedge the robes of one of the people in a very uncomfortable place. The man yelps and turns around!

[Man intelligence roll: 2]

He taps the other guy and asks him if he was the one who did that. The other guy replies that he was not. The first guy asks him if he is lying. He replies that no, he is not. The first guy nods with a suspicious eye, then looks at the third guy. He then sorts out his robe problems and gets back to work.

Inside the lair of four mages...

Enjoying his chairness, Luke decides to engage in an appropriate activity - being a stool pigeon!

"Thank you for your help, my masters, I can tell you the location of a powerful necromancer who has soul binded me, he has a safe guarded position filled with food and presumably several undead guarding him."

"Be silent, we do not care about your old master. Right now something else interests us."

"What's that?"

"The other mages. They must die. But one in particular stands out. The master of demonology from the University of Magic."

She turns to the multicolored woman in the corner.

"Justine. How goes the search?"

Justine slowly turns to her and speaks in an almost ethereal voice.

"Quite well. I have his location down to about a three house radius."

"That is good. Let us know when you have the house."

"I will."

She turns to Luke again, then reverts to slow, clear speech.

"So, 'Luke', it is your task now to find a weapon. Do this and come back immediately. Is that understood?"

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: January 20, 2013, 03:30:46 pm »

" I had a hammer in the alley way I was stuck in."
Head back to the alley, look for the hammer, come back.
(( Demonology eh, Looks like I may meet a succubus yet. ))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: January 20, 2013, 03:35:47 pm »

Loosen the Torus and try again.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: January 20, 2013, 05:15:58 pm »

Examine the slime. If it gets within chopping range, chopity chopity chop.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: January 20, 2013, 08:08:54 pm »

Darren does it again, to the same guy. Also, he contemplates whether he's visible. If so, go invisible.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: January 21, 2013, 12:22:00 am »

((Hee hee ha ha ha!))

"I am very sorry for appearing threatening! This has been a very strange and disturbing day for me. Is there anywhere we can talk?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: January 21, 2013, 01:45:58 am »

In a lair of the four mages...

Luke decides to look for his hammer once again. He alludes to this among the mages, but they don't seem to particularly care. He heads back to the alley and finds the hammer without issue. It is, however, still completely immobile for all intents and purposes.

You know, he liked that sledgehammer. It was a fine implement of destruction. Why'd that lady have to immobilize it? Well, yeah, he used it to smash her boyfriends kneecaps with, but still!

In the Temple Garden...

Vincent attempts to unstick the Torus of Murder and kill the gardener!

[Torus of Murder roll: 5]

With a little effort, his attempts prove fruitful! He unsticks the thing and lets it loose on the gardener! It splits into 6 different fragments, all of which slice into the gardener!

[Gardener endurance roll: 6]

The gardener looks at the several blades in his back, then takes them out. He kneels down and plants them into the dirt, nods and moves on. That looked to, once again, be an entirely instinctual and reflexive action. Weird.

In the streets of Emlocke...

Tom critically evaluates the slime before him. It looks like a vagrant. Is it a vagrant?

[Examination roll: 4]

It looks like something you wouldn't want to touch. With anything. That's all Tom needs to know.

[Slime behavior roll: 3]

The slime just hangs there in the air, not doing anything in particular. Not that Tom would know how a slime would go about actually doing something.  Tom cautiously moves away.

The slime is following him at a respectable distance. Crap.

Inside a treasure vault...

Darren tries to pull the exact same wedgie trick on the very same guy. It's just too funny not to.

[Telekinesis roll: 6]

He gives the man the greatest wedgie he has ever given and possibly will ever give! The man suddenly twists, screams and drops to the ground. Heh, what a maroon.

Blood begins to pool on the ground. Uh... that's not quite as funny.

[Looter 2 perception roll: ?]
[Looter 3 perception roll: ?]

One of the looters obliviously keeps rooting through the treasure while the other immediately rushes to his buddy, noticing that he seems to have passed out from the pain. Darren shrugs and contemplates the possibility of becoming invisible.

[Darren intelligence roll: ?]

It's definitely not a power he's familiar with to any meaningful degree, but it's just a matter of manipulating light. He could probably do that, if he were willing. It'd be quite dangerous, though. He isn't sure telekinesis was ever meant to be used that way.

Inside an alleyway...

Yorinnsud keeps engaging in the noble art of misdirection and misinformation! He diplomatically explains that he's not here to cause any trouble and that he wishes to talk!

[People reaction roll: 4]

"ZIDIKHA!"

Yorinnsud giggles at this turn of events in a very quiet and dignified fashion.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: January 21, 2013, 01:47:59 am »

((Things are finally going my way!  :D))

Go talk to them. Try and find out why they're here.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: January 21, 2013, 03:08:09 am »

Damn it, people can be so ovber dramatic...
Say a few parting words to my hammer, search for a hammer of better or equal strength
So how are you today?

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: January 21, 2013, 03:27:08 am »

after you are done makeing friends we could go to the inn to see if Bernie can fix my legs so we can continue our game of murder I belive the score is me 4- you 3
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: January 21, 2013, 07:50:27 am »

after you are done makeing friends we could go to the inn to see if Bernie can fix my legs so we can continue our game of murder I belive the score is me 4- you 3
((I think Bernie is going down, and I have plan to prevent his death so that we can continue existing. I believe that these guys can act as... translators between me and you so that Yorinnsud can understand the situation. As is it Yorinnsud cannot understand a single thing that Bernie orders and therefore cannot be bound to it. I will be free to trap Bernie into a eternal state of inactivity and torpor. Just trust me.))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: January 21, 2013, 08:26:17 am »

You are still soul-bound and I believe you can't attack him because of that
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: January 21, 2013, 08:35:40 am »

Depends. Can saving his life forever really be counted as an attack?  ;D

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: January 21, 2013, 08:47:00 am »

I think any thing that harms him directly you carn't do and after I get some legs lets find some armor for both of us like plate armor
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 719