Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542573 times)

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 4: In With The Right Crowd
« Reply #2610 on: January 26, 2013, 05:40:35 pm »

'Ah, peasants. Useful, but they lack a healthy respect for the finer things in life. Such as anything with an explosive yield measured in megatons.'

Head to the Inn, gather the tinderbox.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2611 on: January 26, 2013, 06:07:08 pm »

(( I've been getting incredibly close to my re demise, including but not limited to, fucked up gravity, pissed off mages, body chair modification and divine retribution. I am the both the luckiest and unluckiest zombie in history, we don't know what I am until it happens, I am the  Schrödinger's zombie! ))
No, you're not the unluckiest and luckiest zombie in history. That title is reserved for James and James only.
Actually, James was a vampire.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2612 on: January 26, 2013, 09:16:06 pm »

Telekinetically hold the zombie, yell at them.
"Give me back what you took, and it may spare your life!"

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2613 on: January 26, 2013, 09:48:13 pm »

Head through the door.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2614 on: January 27, 2013, 04:32:29 am »

Inside a Velusian treasure room...

Luke politely asks the suspicious suit of clothing whether it would like to join him on many fun adventures!

[Darren telekinesis roll: 4]

He is immediately lifted from the ground, stretched out by some infernal magic and floated over to the puddles of blood with some bony and fleshy bits in them left over from Sharkhammer's eating frenzy! He is then bobbed menacingly at the unmoving bits of fine gore.

"Give me back what you took and it may spare your life!" a voice from the treasure vault yells out! The puddles seem less than impressed, however. Luke, on the other hand, is struck by a realization!

[Sharkhammer self-control roll: 3]

He looks over to the remains of two backpacks full of bent, punctured and mangled bits of metal. That was loot? Well, slap him upside the head and call him a silly monkey. That Sharkhammer really needs obedience training, though what individual would be brave enough to perform such an Almirian task remains to be ascertained.

In the streets of Emlocke...

Disappointed at the less than explosive tendencies of the absent villagers, Tom heads back to the inn and looks for a tinderbox.

[Search roll: 1]

Oh, there's one right on the counter, how wonderful! Tom heads on over to pick it up!

[Tinderbox reaction roll: 5]

It shimmers for a second when he takes it, but otherwise seems like a generally okay tinderbox.

In the halls of the Office of Order...

Yorinnsud tries to get through the massive important-looking door.

[Strength roll: 3]

He manages to push it open by the tiniest of impassable margins! Damn you, spindly stick-arms! There is enough of a crack in the door, however, to see that there seems to be a lot of blinding light on the other side. Hm.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2615 on: January 27, 2013, 05:19:50 am »

(( I've been getting incredibly close to my re demise, including but not limited to, fucked up gravity, pissed off mages, body chair modification and divine retribution. I am the both the luckiest and unluckiest zombie in history, we don't know what I am until it happens, I am the  Schrödinger's zombie! ))
No, you're not the unluckiest and luckiest zombie in history. That title is reserved for James and James only.
Actually, James was a vampire.
Oh. Was kinda hard towards the end, with the being a ball of snail flesh.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2616 on: January 27, 2013, 06:04:27 am »

Close eyes and move through it. (Only really got to fit my head.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2617 on: January 27, 2013, 07:11:59 am »

Next to a large door in the Office of Order...

Yorinnsud tries to push the door open wide enough to stick his half-head through!

[Strength roll: 4]

Straining and pushing as hard as he can, he eventually manages to get his half-head inside! Now for the rest of his body.

[Agility roll: 4]

After a particularly difficult bending and twisting session, he does manage to squeeze through the now-larger crack in the door. Once inside, he realizes that he is obviously ill-equipped to handle this room, if that is indeed what it is. It's a bit difficult to see on account of all the blinding burning its way through his single eye. In fact, it's somewhat painful.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2618 on: January 27, 2013, 07:42:50 am »

"Anyone there?"

Squint and try to find the source of the light.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2619 on: January 27, 2013, 08:20:05 am »

In a room of blinding light...

Yorinnsud is quite dissatisfied with these lighting conditions, and tries to find the source of the light in order to make it stop as soon as possible!

[Perception roll: ?]

It doesn't seem like it comes from only one source. Rather it seems like an inherent property of this place. What an annoying place it must be to live in. He yells out for somebody who might be around!

[Response roll: 2]

Doesn't look like anyone heard him. Or they're just being assholes. With this place you can never know.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2620 on: January 27, 2013, 08:22:56 am »

((*sigh*))

Look around for anything that looks like, feels like, smells like or tastes like a god.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2621 on: January 27, 2013, 09:07:44 am »

In a blindingly white hall of light...

Yorinnsud begins to semi-blindly search around for something vaguely god-like!

[Search roll: 2]

There doesn't seem to be anything of the sort anywhere in the vicinity. Show yourselves, gods, or Yorinnsud will be forced to nibble on you to confirm your identity!

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2622 on: January 27, 2013, 09:38:11 am »

" The looters ate your loot clothes sorry ill just be going now."
Try to get out of there with shark hammer.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2623 on: January 27, 2013, 09:57:43 am »

'Well, if I'm going to leave this town in search of explosives... then I don't need this town! Which means only one thing....'

Light a match and drop it. Walk out of the inn. Start following the road to another town.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2624 on: January 27, 2013, 10:08:09 am »

Outside a Velusian treasure room...

Luke makes a hurried apology while trying to make a Sharkhammer-assisted escape!

[Escape roll: 3]

He puts Sharkhammer close to the ground, allowing it to bite down on the stone floor. By leveraging the Sharkhammer, he manages to move himself a few inches further from the treasure vault! Progress, hooray!

Inside Bernie's inn...

Tom realizes that he does not particularly care for the decor in this inn. Or the decor in this town. Or this town in any shape or form! He tries to light the inn on fire with his tinderbox!

[Tinderbox reaction roll: 6]

The tinderbox seems to have gotten awfully gooey. And as we all know, it's awfully difficult to start a fire when your tools have gotten all gooey. Well, when they're the non-flammable kind of gooey. Tom considers what this could mean.
Pages: 1 ... 173 174 [175] 176 177 ... 719