Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 540905 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 4: In With The Right Crowd
« Reply #2640 on: January 27, 2013, 02:02:27 pm »

"Uhh, no. They were mages, and also kind of good at killing their allies, so I doubt they went and had some swords for breakfast."
" Are you saying loot eating mythical humanoid monsters can't be mages, I knew you were racist!"
Release him, but don't let him hurt anything from the vault.
"... You aren't the brightest, are you? Look. They were human, and I scared them off, but they took some loot as they left. I thought you were them, but I was mistaken. Now, did you see them? They took my swords, and I'd like them back."
Go into the walls and approach him. Look about for loot.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 02:28:11 pm by Spinal_Taper »

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: January 27, 2013, 02:23:49 pm »

"Uhh, no. They were mages, and also kind of good at killing their allies, so I doubt they went and had some swords for breakfast."
" Are you saying loot eating mythical humanoid monsters can't be mages, I knew you were racist!"
Release him, but don't let him hurt anything from the vault.
"... You aren't the brightest, are you? Look. They were human, and I scared them off, but they took some loot as they left. I thought you were them, but I was mistaken. Now, did you see them? They took my swords, and I'd like them back."
"Shark Hammer ate anyone in here, now I've got to find a demon summoner for my new masters."
Were of to find the demon summoning mage, the wonderful demon summoning mage of Oz
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: January 27, 2013, 02:35:09 pm »

Outside a Velusian treasure vault...

After a spot of argument and very, very bad lying, Darren decides to release the shady guy with the shark-shaped hammer from his telekinetic imprisonment! He feels a warm surge of satisfaction as the fellow, whom he's sure he's seen somewhere before, hits the ground with a sound like collapsing lumber. So he is made of wood. Fancy that.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the exchange, Luke is left to ponder his next move. Will he go after the suit of clothes that embarrassed him so, or will he go do something useful for once?

Wait, what's that? The fellow seems to be asking for some swords back. Uhm... about that...

Luke decides to just shuffle off and look for the demonologist rather than stick around. So, he probably isn't in the temple. In fact, he's pretty sure his masters told him where exactly to find him. But where?

[Memory roll: ?]

It was in a house, he's sure. But which house?

In the streets of Emlocke...

Tom picks a random direction and decides to go in it. Before that, however, he drops the tinderbox on Bernie's doorstep. It ceases to shimmer when he does so, however. Silly tinderbox.

So, now he's leaving for... uh... the woods. Yes, the woods! It's surely a woodsman's life that awaits Tom in that merry, dark place. He heads out of the town and into the dark, dark forest that undoubtedly has many horrible things to kill in it.

[Exploration roll: 6]

After following the road for an hour or so, he comes upon a fork in the road. One path leads left, the other leads right. In the middle of the junction stands a man. He seems to be playing with a tuning fork and singing a song about how much he likes forks. Looking at the man, Tom notices a fork tattoo on his face. Also, when his mouth is open, a forked tongue clearly shows through his teeth.

"Forks, forks, forks.
I love forks,
you love forks,
we all love forks,
because they're forks.
Don't be a dork,
Get a fork
Today.
Yes, today."

Clearly a well-adjusted individual, this one.

[Forkman perception roll: ?]

He seems quite absorbed in whatever he's doing, though he seems to throw a glance at Tom when he arrives.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: January 27, 2013, 02:40:37 pm »

'What a charming fellow!'

Walk up to him and pantomime: "Where do these paths lead?"
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: January 27, 2013, 02:48:33 pm »

((Thank you Harry, you made my day.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: January 27, 2013, 02:56:54 pm »

Next to the Fork of Forks...

Tom walks up to the fork man and tries to express curiosity about the possible directions these paths lead.

[Nonverbal communication roll: 3]

He manages to look vaguely curious and bewildered, but expresses little else.

"We are at a fork, dear sir.
And what a fork it is.
The Fork of Forks,
The Fork to End All Forks.
I feel a great forking of energy here, don't you?
Don't you?"

The man looks at Tom with a piercing stare, as if the very essence of forks was contained in his gaze.

[Forkman perception roll: ?]

"It looks like you do not feel the fork.
You see the fork, but you do not feel the fork.
I could make you feel the fork.
Do you wish to feel the fork?
I have the fork for it right here.
It will take but a moment to attune you with my fork.
But do you wish to feel the fork?
To feel the fork is to know the fork.
Not all are ready to know the fork.
But those who do, they find the forks.
All the forks.
Every fork.
Even the little ones.
Especially the little ones."

It's true. He does have a fork right there. It's shiny. And very fork-like.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: January 27, 2013, 03:10:54 pm »

find swords!

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: January 27, 2013, 04:33:22 pm »

[Perception: 1-1-1]

'Well, that doesn't sound very pleasant, he didn't even offer me dinner first. How dreadfully ill-mannered.'

Decline, then walk down the left fork. If he continues to badger me, stab him. Stab him verily.

((Rereading this, I think this single post is the absolute definition of what my character is. I couldn't be prouder.))
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 05:26:45 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: January 27, 2013, 04:46:21 pm »

" Well I want to kill him and other mages, I'll just set houses on fire!"
Find a thunderbird or some sort of flame creating device, burn all houses except the inn, my chair lovers house and my three masters house, then visit my chair lover.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: January 28, 2013, 01:15:52 am »

Inside a Velusian treasure vault...

Darren, having released the extremely unconvincing lying zombie, goes to see if his story checks out. As he goes outside, he sees that yes, there do seem to be quite a few chewed up and mutilated swords out here. They may have formerly been scary-looking, but now they are just junk, regrettably enough. He takes a look back at his own flying swords back in the vault.

Don't worry, swords. Daddy won't let anything like that happen to you. He promises.

At the Fork of Forks...

Tom realizes that it is probably in his best interest to have as little to do with the fork man as possible. He seems quite shady, you know. And obsessed.

The skeleton shakes his head in a declining manner at the crazy fellow, then begins to leave.

[Forkman reaction roll: 3]

"You do not wish to feel the fork?
Understandable, not all are of the fork.
But for those who are not of the fork,
The ones who are merely dorks,
I will give of the fork
To let the fork take root
Within your soul."

As Tom walks away, the fork man brings out a different tuning fork from one of his many pockets and begins to hum a tune. While he hums, the fork starts to resonate oddly.

[Fork effects roll: 3]

The air seems to become thick in the area, and a faint charge propagates through it. The smell of ozone starts to permeate the vicinity.

"Hm, wrong fork.
A sign of forks,
Forks to come.
Leave, forkless.
Leave now."

Tom does so, not really in a staying mood. He heads down the left fork, hoping there will be few forks in his life from now on.

[Exploration roll: 4]

As he goes down the road, it starts to get dark. However, this kind of works to Tom's advantage, as he can now see something on the horizon! Lights! Lots of lights. Obviously somebody lives on the road ahead.

Outside the Temple of Velusius...

Luke decides to locate the demonologist by process of elimination. Fiery elimination. But first he needs something to start a fire with.

[Search roll: 5]

Fortunately, there appears to be a burning building in town rich in firestarting resources! He grabs several pieces of burning debris and goes out with the full intent of beginning a rampage!

[Rampaging roll: 1]

He is now on fire.

What was he doing again?

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2650 on: January 28, 2013, 01:27:15 am »

Mark goes to the inn and asks for some help attaching the legs to him
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: January 28, 2013, 02:58:36 am »

"THIS IS COUNTER PRODUCTIVE!"
Stop drop and roll if that doesn't work, run into a building, if it does work grab some fiery wood for rampaging.
So how are you today?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: January 28, 2013, 03:30:29 am »

((What do you want me to do, Harry? And can you please do ALL my actions, not just some?))

Search with ALL senses for anything unusual.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: January 28, 2013, 09:46:25 am »

Mark gets back to the inn after a long session of metaphorical huffing, puffing and straining and looks for someone helpful.

[Search roll: 6]

Okay, so this necromancer guy is a wizard. And it's a well-known fact that wizards inhabit dungeons or, failing that, towers. So he should check the basement first, then the top floors! Now, let's see, where's the basement... a-ha! A tapestry! Everyone knows tapestries hide secret doors, like, always! Mark, not seeing a better way, rips it off with his teeth and reduces it to tiny shreds. And surprise, surprise, there's a door behind it. Mark opens it and drags himself through!

[Stair navigation roll: 2+1]

He half-rolls, half walks down the stairs and finds a peculiar sight! It looks like a chuckling fellow secured to a wall and bleeding into a barrel of some kind. Huh. The necromancer seems to be next to him, rubbing his palms in anticipation and grinning widely. Mark drags himself up to the guy and tries to express his limb needs.

[Nonverbal communication roll: 6]

He rips off his poorly-secured legs and holds them up in the air while holding his jaw open and banging on the floor with his halberd. The result is an unholy racket. The necromancer turns to Mark and stares confusedly. He gets what's going on soon enough, though.

[Bernie helpfulness roll: 5]

"Need legs? Let's see, this should probably work, hm."

He pulls out a set of leather straps and screws from one of the packs he's brought here. He sets down Mark on a table and does his best to secure the legs as well as he can!

[Bernie help roll: 3]

He sort-of attaches the legs, though Mark doesn't really see much of an improvement over his previous state. He tries to protest!

"Relax, not done yet! Watch and be amazed, foolish minion, at what the blood of a virgin can accomplish!"

[Bernie magic roll: 4+1]

Mark feels his soul kind-of intertwine with whatever remnants of life-force were within the skeletal legs, and seems to become stronger as a result! He leaps off the table and does a few squats and leaps to test his legs.

Needless to say, he finds them to be good enough. Better than his old ones, even.

"Right, now you'll have to find me a new virgin to bleed. We need more blood if I am to have a chance of winning this, and Chuckles here is running dangerously low. Isn't that right, Chuckles?"

Chuckles just laughs weakly.

Luke decides that, rather than use himself as some sort of flaming projectile, he'll just extinguish himself and try again.

[Fire extinguishing roll: 1]

He rolls around in some black, viscous substance spilled on the ground! Water is black and viscous, right?

Turns out it isn't. Now Luke is covered in tar and on fire. He is officially the Zombie Torch. Okay, so plan B: flaming zombie spear! He runs at a nearby building and tries to dive inside!

[Building security roll: 1]

It looks like the door is locked and the windows are barred. But did they secure... the WALLS?

[Flaming Zombie Spear roll: 3]

Luke runs right into a wall and bounces back, flopping to the ground like a flaming fish! This fire is starting to get uncomfortable for him, to tell the truth.

Inside a blindingly white hallway...

Yorinnsud decides to focus and search for something happening around here, only better this time!

[Perception roll: ?]

Well, the floor tastes like gold, the place smells very artificial and vaguely fruity and the air feels somewhat electrified. Yorinnsud is also pretty sure he can hear a rhythmical clanging come from at least three different directions. Finally, waving his arms in a full circle doesn't really help a whole lot.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: January 28, 2013, 10:36:53 am »

((*grumble*))

pray to the goddess again.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 719