Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 540880 times)

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 4: In With The Right Crowd
« Reply #2790 on: February 02, 2013, 05:18:02 pm »

Put roughly ten nails into each jar filled with alcohol. Break into another house.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: February 02, 2013, 05:18:37 pm »

"That was rude."
Knock again. Ask for the demon summoners location.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: February 02, 2013, 05:23:58 pm »

Mark goes up to the victim gamerlord is eyeing up and bows to her then the beheading
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: February 02, 2013, 05:40:07 pm »

In the house of John E. Capstone, Master Thief...

Tom puts about ten nails in each of the filled lidded jars (of which there are 8), then looks for a new house to burglarize. He is vaguely aware of his backpacked reflection flipping him off as he does this. He goes to another house and tries to break in.

[Break-in roll: 6]

Dropkicking the doors out really is the only way to break into houses. The rest just seem so... unsatisfying in comparison. After getting up and dusting himself off, Tom heads in.

Well, this house looks just as quaint as the last one, though the exact layout's a bit different. How wonderful.

Outside a house near the temple in Emlocke...

Luke knocks on the door once again.

The door opens by an inch, a peering eye visible through the crack in the door. After a second, the door is closed again.

Next to a potential victim...

Mark, eager to be helpful, goes up to that lady Yorinnsud is staring at.

[Linda perception roll: ?]

Just as he is about to swing his halberd, the lady looks at him. Uh... he can explain. Yes, he can indeed explain. He can explain why your head is about to roll down the street!

[Mark vs. Linda: 6+1 vs. 5]

He fails to behead the lady due to a timely dodge on her part. He does, however, nick her something fierce.

[Linda magic roll: 6]

Mark then once more experiences the familiar feeling of being catapulted through the heavens by a gust of wind. Oh, to be in familiar territory.

[Mark flight roll: 5]

He flies at a perfect 45 degree angle, achieving maximum distance from his point of launching, which just so happens to land him right outside the town!

[Mark fall damage roll: 3+1]

Fortunately, he lands right in a tree. This breaks his fall somewhat, particularly when he manages to get fortuitously impaled through a space in his ribs by a branch, which stops him from even reaching the ground at the cost of one broken rib. The cost was worth it, he thinks.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: February 02, 2013, 05:54:17 pm »

'Wait, reflections that don't do as they should... that should be valuable!'

Walk back into John's house. Acquire the mirror. If too large, downsize it. With a bastard sword.
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: February 02, 2013, 06:58:36 pm »

"Sir I must warn you I'm half shark, if you don't open this door and listen to me I will eat it."
Give him 5 seconds to open the door, if he doesn't eat the door down.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: February 02, 2013, 07:10:36 pm »

In somebody's house...

Tom suddenly realizes that mirrors aren't actually supposed to flip you off when you walk past. Strange, he knows, but there may be more to this than meets the eye, so to speak. He hoofs it back to John E. Capstone's house and tries to steal the mirror!

Fortunately, it is relatively easy to steal, being only about the size of Tom's ribcage.

[Mirror handling roll: 5]

He carefully tucks it inside one of the inner compartments of his robe. Should be safe there, he thinks.

Outside a house of some kind...

Luke gives a friendly warning.

"Sir, I must warn you, I'm half-shark, and if you don't open this door and listen to me, I will eat it."

There is no response. Luke decides to chomp on the door.

[Chewing roll: 2]

Damn, this is harder than you'd think. Must be a quality door he's dealing with here. Plus it's kind of difficult to bite a piece out of a flat surface.

Aaaaand now he looks like some kind of lightweight. Thank you, metal teeth, you have made Luke look like a moron.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: February 02, 2013, 07:11:33 pm »

Double post, hooray!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 07:15:13 pm by Harry Baldman »

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: February 02, 2013, 07:17:38 pm »

Resume looting/vandalizing random homes.
Greater Collection

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: February 02, 2013, 08:06:49 pm »

After his fun flight Mark returns to the ground by climbing down the tree then returns to the woman now she is distracted by her bleeding and behead heraction below
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 02:45:30 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: February 02, 2013, 08:16:47 pm »

EAT THE DOOR METAL TEETH!
So how are you today?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: February 03, 2013, 01:01:34 am »

Kill Linda and attach her body parts to myself, making myself a horrid abomination.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: February 03, 2013, 02:44:55 am »

Kill Linda and attach her body parts to myself, making myself a horrid abomination.
help gamerlord with this
My Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: February 03, 2013, 05:06:07 am »

In some town or another...

Beaming with accomplishment after stealing the mirror, Tom heads back to the house he just broke into. He looks for useful loot around the place.

[Search roll: 6]

Ooh, there's a large black fur cloak laying on one of the beds. That looks like a pretty nice piece of loot.

Outside a house full of rude people...

Luke tries to figure out a better way to eat this damn door.

[Intelligence roll: ?]

Maybe he'll just kick it first, then eat?

[Kicking roll: 6]

He rears up and kicks the door straight out of his hinges, which is not so surprising, considering that he's made of metal and infused with more shark than any zombie has any right to be. This, naturally, makes a lot of noise. He then goes inside and starts chewing on the remains of the door.

[People reaction roll: 3]
[? magic roll: 4]

A strange wall of force appears near Luke, blocking off entry to the inner parts of the house.

[Perception roll: ?]

He hears rather nervous whispering from inside. Something about being freaked out by sharks kicking in their doors and this neighborhood not being as safe as it's cracked up to be.

In the streets of Emlocke...

Yorinnsud walks up to Linda like she don't give a damn.

[Linda reaction roll: 2]

Linda doesn't exactly look happy to see her. More horrified than anything, to tell the truth. Yorinnsud gives her a nice hug. With her hands. Around Linda's throat.

[Yorinnsud vs. Linda: 4 vs. 6]

Unfortunately, they are not operating on the level of one-sided trust Yorinnsud may have assumed, as Linda immediately counters with a knee to the stomach, sending Yorinnsud to the ground.

[Linda heartlessness roll: 5]

She seems to catch on quick enough. Being in this town probably does that to you.

[Linda magic roll: 6]

Yorinnsud feels herself lifted off the ground very much like Mark before her. And, just like Mark, she is sent off on a nice trip through the skies.

[Flight roll: 1]

Unlike Mark, however, her flight is best characterized as entirely vertical. She sails up, then comes right down.

[Fall damage roll: 1]

And manages to land on her head as well, splattering it across the street. Some of it gets on Linda as well, about which she doesn't seem entirely pleased.

[Yorinnsud will roll: 4]

Interestingly enough, Yorinnsud is still alive. Even better, Linda doesn't suspect this. The bad news, however, are that Yorinnsud is completely blind, deaf and unable to smell or taste anything now. And all of Mark's hard work on his face is undone.

Impaled on a tree outside Emlocke...

Mark tries to remove himself from the tree he's impaled on!

[Self-removal roll: 2+1]

He manages to kind of kick himself forward a bit, getting about a quarter of the way off the branch, and keep himself there. Guess he'll have to keep trying.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 05:11:32 am by Harry Baldman »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: February 03, 2013, 05:12:10 am »

Show that Mage that sent me into the tree some thanks by inpaling her then start helping gamerlord with !!medicine!!
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 719