Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542894 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 4: In With The Right Crowd
« Reply #2895 on: February 06, 2013, 12:19:51 pm »

Het out of cupboard and brace against low-lying , yet immobile surface.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: February 06, 2013, 02:24:12 pm »

In a flying house...

Mark, utilizing the sweet deceleration of the house, bounces over to Yorinnsud! He finds her over at a cupboard, trying to free herself from horrible furniture-based imprisonment!

[Mark helpfulness roll: 3]

Mark sort of pulls on her arm as she tries to get out! It doesn't look like this is entirely appreciated by Yorinnsud, though.

[Yorinnsud self-extrication roll: 4]

She slowly manages to return to her original position and get out of the fiendish cupboard-trap. She then goes off to find an immobile flat surface to brace herself against.

[Choice roll: 1]

She braces herself against a table! The table falls apart instantly, causing her to flop to the ground embarrassingly. She then elects to brace against the floor. Meanwhile, Mark looks for a mattress.

[Mark search roll: 6]

He finds an incredibly soft mattress in one of the bedrooms! He lies down on it, sinking pretty deep into it. Man, this is quite the mattress indeed!

It then snaps shut on him and rolls up of its own volition. He has to admit, it's still really comfortable.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 03:41:19 pm by Harry Baldman »

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: February 06, 2013, 05:20:25 pm »

"Oh no you don't!"
Dive through the teleport door.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: February 06, 2013, 07:10:39 pm »

If the mattress starts hurting me cut my way out while screaming for Yori if not I relax and wait for the fall in my safe spot
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: February 06, 2013, 07:51:31 pm »

((Great. If I could speak I might be able to acquire a giant attack robot. Splendid.))

Wait for it to leave. Search the cave.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: February 06, 2013, 07:57:04 pm »

If the mattress starts hurting me cut my way out while screaming for Yori if not I relax and wait for the fall in my safe spot

((Do not call me that.))

Dig into the floor with my four arms and hold on tight.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2901 on: February 06, 2013, 08:21:37 pm »

Timothy floated up to whisper in the tailor's ear, keeping his voice low at first, just a scratching at the back of his consciousness.
"You's a good person."
He paused a moment, then continued, letting his voice become progressively louder as he planted thoughts in the man's mind.
"Yes. You's a good person. Always doing what's right.
You likes to help people.
You's a good, helpful person, you always knew it. You's just waiting for a chance to prove it.
Out, outside there, in this town, there's people what needs help.
You should help them. You's a good person, after all. You know it.
Youse can't very well call yourself a good person if you not helping people, right?
Go to them. Help them."

>Manipulate the tailor with some creepy whispering, and compel him over to help Fred and Jim.

>Attempt some actual telepathic whispering if my normal whispering doesn't work/isn't heard.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: February 06, 2013, 11:28:05 pm »

ok man I didn't think you would be annoyed by the name
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: February 07, 2013, 10:42:46 am »

In a demonologist's basement...

Luke decides to follow that horrible, horrible person that has dared to make off with his loot! He charges at the door and heads into the darkness beyond!

His next sensation is a feeling of rushing wind. And falling. Yes, he is indeed falling. From a great height, too! At least a mile above ground, he'd say.

He sees the shifty distance-stepper falling about fifty feet beneath him. Well, if he could only fall faster, he might catch him.

Inside a flying abode...

Mark momentarily becomes afraid for the integrity of his bones! Though they don't seem to be breaking from the sweet, fluffy embrace of whatever this thing is filled with, this may be but a temporary state, no? Wary of the mattress' true intentions, he lies in an uneasy impasse with the sheltering bedding.

Yorinnsud, meanwhile, digs into the floor and holds on tight as the house comes to a stop, prepared for the worst!

However, nothing happens. No, wait, something happens. The house stops. But nothing other than that. It now seems to be hanging in mid-air. That's odd.

In a cave of some sort...

Tom, not up to the task of fighting a thirteen-story killer giant bastard of some kind, decides to look for something inside.

[Search roll: 6]

Oh, would you look at that! Well, not exactly look, the cave being pitch-black and all, but Tom does feel something interesting in this cave! A skeleton! A bear skeleton! It looks fairly fresh, to tell the truth.

Tom is interrupted in his admiration of the ursine remains by the booming voice of the giant bastard outside.

"VERY GOOD. I HAVE AWAITED YOU. WHAT ARE YOUR ORDERS, MASTER? STILL THE TOTAL AND UTTER DESTRUCTION OF EVERYTHING?"

In the courtyard of Castle Wossname...

Timothy tries to whisper in the tailor's ear to get him to cooperate!

[Perceptibility roll: 2]

Nope, he's still imperceptible. That's a bummer. He had a whole mysterious voice routine worked out and everything. Well, there's still telepathy, he supposes.

[Intelligence roll: ?]

Yeah, he totally knows how to do that! It's pretty awesome, you'll see!

[Telepathy roll: 4-2]

Okay, so you can't actually telekinetically shove ideas into people's heads. Good to know.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2904 on: February 07, 2013, 11:09:35 am »

Burrow further into flor and wait for something to happen.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: February 07, 2013, 06:29:21 pm »

Relax
My Sig

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: February 07, 2013, 07:26:43 pm »

"Well, this be just inconvenients."

>Sigh with mild annoyance, then telepathically carry the tailor to Fred and Jim! He'll know what to do!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: February 07, 2013, 08:08:18 pm »

Assimilate with the bones. Become an Urskel.

"That would be the gist of it, yes. You wouldn't happen to know where to find some explosives, by any chance?"
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: February 08, 2013, 08:22:44 am »

Inside a flying house of some sort...

Yorinnsud and Mark are not entirely convinced that they are not in mortal danger, perhaps rightly so. Yorinnsud feverishly clamps into the floor while Mark relaxes in his comfy entrapment.

And yet nothing happens. They're still hanging up in the air, immobile as ever.

In the courtyard of Castle Wossname...

Timothy sighs, frustrated at the vagaries of imperceptibility. He then decides to play the hand of the gods themselves.

[Telekinesis roll: 6]

The tailor is rocketed straight across the courtyard in the approximate direction of the two miserable scarecrows!

[Tailor fall damage roll: 6]

Fortunately, the body of Jim provides a soft cushion for him to land on!

[Jim endurance roll: 6]

Jim's head suddenly bolts up and yells at the sudden impact! He does this for a few seconds before the tailor realizes that he should really get off the guy.

The tailor looks at the two scary-crows.

[Tailor helpfulness roll: 2]

"Boy, am I lucky these things were here or what? I could have been killed! I think I'll go and tell my wife and kids I love them right now!"

He runs off, unhelpful as ever.

Inside a cave of some kind...

Tom follows in the footsteps of the old masters and attempts to assimilate with the bear skeleton, becoming something more than either man or bear alone!

[Intelligence roll: ?]

Okay, so he'll need to stick himself on there. Probably attach his spine somewhere. That's how these things always work, right?

[Assimilation roll: 2]

Well. Apparently they don't. Apparently you can't just plop your spine down on a skeleton without any tools and expect some kind of miracle to happen. How unfortunate.

He hears the giant bastard outside say something. Because, really, with a voice like that, how couldn't you.

"QUESTS? I COULD AID YOU IN YOUR QUESTS, IF YOU SO DESIRE. I CAN PLACE YOU ON MY SHOULDER, IF YOU ARE SUFFICIENTLY CAREFUL. SHOULD YOU FALL, I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CATCH YOU WITHOUT SIGNIFICANTLY HURTING YOU."

There is a brief pause.

"OKAY THEN. ON WE GO TO DESTROY ALL."

Another pause and the unmistakable sound of the giant bastard moving around.

"WHERE TO?"

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: February 08, 2013, 09:24:00 am »

Wait until something happens.
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 719