Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542595 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 4: In With The Right Crowd
« Reply #3015 on: February 12, 2013, 03:59:35 am »

Timothy 'hmm'd to himself. Materials, materials... He glanced around.
Surely there was someone helpful in this place... Someone with some embroidery materials to spare.

>Remaining imperceptible, fly up to the nearest person (other than either of my scarecrow friends, Bob, Hansel or that doctor person) and 'borrow' their hair for use as emergency embroidery materials.

>If their hair is not long enough to be decently useful, telekinetically remove their intestines through their butt and use those instead.

"Hey, I's gives dem back later!"

>Once equipped with embroidery materials of some form or other, go operate on Jim and Fred.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: February 12, 2013, 04:04:44 am »

vamps dont need blood to live it stops there thirst so LETS DO IT
That reminds me! Neither of the two vamps actually drank blood at any point during the adventure!
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: February 12, 2013, 07:41:06 am »

they were alive (undead) for a day or two at most so not a problem
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: February 12, 2013, 08:25:20 am »

they were alive (undead) for a day or two at most so not a problem
*coughjamescough*

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: February 12, 2013, 10:06:14 am »

In the streets of Emlocke...

Luke, having sort of gotten the message, asks if the gods would care for an altar built for them!

The only response he gets is George Jenkins' sign, which had landed on the ground, shifting toward him due to the wind. Oh well. He attempts to attach the femur somewhere on his body.

[Attachment roll: 3]

Hm, it doesn't really fit inside any of the existing holes in his stumps. Or in the knotted-up remains of his legs.

Outside the town hall...

This is it. This is the one they'll remember Darren for. It's time to play.

He begins to whistle as the instrument-less man waves his arms.

[Band Guy 5 magic roll: 1]

Suddenly, everything becomes entirely silent! No sound at all anywhere. One of the band members tries to blow his horn, but only silence is produced. Everybody looks at the guy in frustration.

The guy shrugs confusedly and tries again.

[Band Guy 5 magic roll: 5-1]

After a few gestures, sound returns once more to the area!

"Right, let's take that from the top, shall we?"

[Band Guy 5 magic roll: 6]

This time, it seems to work! All the sounds of the area seem to become... amplified, somehow. More pure.

The band leader starts to speak, and his voice seems incredibly melodious all of a sudden.

"Let's make some magic, people!"

Finally, they start playing! These guys are pretty good, to tell the truth.

[Darren Spooky Howling roll: 5+1]
[Band music roll: 1+1]

They begin a song. A rather ordinary song, but he supposes this is just a warm up. Well, he's determined to do his best!

As soon as the time is right, Darren breaks out into a whistle solo like very few in this town have seen before, alternating pitches and even managing some fairly complex riffs with nothing but his ghostly lips! As he completely steals the show, he hears glass breaking throughout the area, as well as horrible screaming from inside the town hall!

They love him! They really, really love him!

"Great work, man!"

[Town Hall People endurance roll: 3]

There is the unmistakable sound of something splattering within the town hall as Darren reaches a particular high note in his performance! The screaming from before continues well into the bridge of the song, though it eventually quiets down somewhat. At the end of the song, Darren bows politely. The rest of the band applauds for him.

"Absolutely brilliant work there, friend! You are as hired as a band member possibly can be!"

Will the great news never cease?

In the woods...

Tom, intrigued by pale strangers wandering alone in the woods in any circumstances, chooses to further investigate this person!

As he half-handwalks, half-rolls to the fellow, he becomes acutely aware of tuneless singing emanating from him.

"Nobody knooooows how dryyyyy I aaaam!
Nobody caaaaares how dryyyyy I aaaamm!
Hooow dryyyyy I aaaammm!"

What an oddball. Who wanders through the forest and sings like that? It is simply not natural!

[Fellow perception roll: ?]

Suddenly, the stranger stops and turns toward Tom!

"You there! What 'chu want? You lookin' for trouble?"

[Fellow idea roll: 1]

He stares at Tom, then his foggy, distant gaze suddenly becomes lucid, though this lasts for but a few seconds.

"HEY, you're a skeleton! Yup, you are! You ain't got any blood!"

He rips off a large branch off a nearby tree.

"You ain't no good to me! Nope, not in any way!"

The man then rapidly starts to stumble toward Tom!

In a chamber of bones...

Yorinnsud fetches Mark so that they both can begin some really fun work! Yorinnsud looks for some bones while Mark searches for traps!

[Mark trap-check roll: ?]

He finds absolutely no traps, but he gets the sneaking suspicion that they are around here somewhere. Right in the places he didn't bother looking in. Oh well. Not really his loss. Time to look for medical equipment!

[Search roll: 3]

There isn't any that he can see in this room. And there are no medical tables either. This temple doesn't seem like it would be the place to find this sort of thing. Sacrificial implements, yes, healing tools, no.

In the courtyard of Castle Wossname...

Timothy looks for a schmuck to randomly abuse for fun and profit!

Unfortunately, there aren't any around! Even the tailor's disappeared somewhere. How awful. Looks like he won't be able to randomly abuse a bystander just off the street, sadly.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3020 on: February 12, 2013, 10:27:39 am »

Looks for nails, spikes and screws. Also cord and a saw or saw-like instrument.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: February 12, 2013, 12:08:49 pm »

((Yoink, I don't recommend doing that. Remember what happened to me when I tried to cause random people grievances? The only thing between you and death is a 1.))

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: February 12, 2013, 12:10:30 pm »

((Plus Luke should not be messing with the gods. Vindictive arseholes.))

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: February 12, 2013, 12:23:59 pm »

((yeah. James annoying Pascitarius way back in chapter one actually directly caused his death.))
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: February 12, 2013, 12:27:07 pm »

((yeah. James annoying Pascitarius way back in chapter one actually directly caused his death.))
((And indirectly caused his tranformation into a three-headed snail.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: February 12, 2013, 12:44:31 pm »

A ghostly blush spread across Darrens face, appearing as a darkening of his usual beige tones.
"Really? Hells yeah!"
Onward with the band!

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: February 12, 2013, 12:48:47 pm »

"God damn it, um not you gods but just uh fuck dogs."
FIND THOSE FUCKING DOGS, Kill them and take their bones,Including the ones inside there body, also look for, in order of preference, dead dinosaur bones, human bones, living mages willing to turn me into some sort of cat or frog with limbs.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: February 12, 2013, 02:17:59 pm »

In a dank Velusian basement...

Yorinnsud, seeing how Mark isn't making a whole lot of progress on his own, decides to look for tools of surgery as well!

Hm, nothing of the sort in this room as far as she can see. Though there is a room full of barrels and stuff. They are quite unlikely to contain saws, though if you consider who is worshipped here, it is not entirely impossible. Nails, though, those are more likely to be found.

Outside the town hall...

Darren, beaming with pride and joy, tries to follow the band somewhere. They don't seem awfully mobile right now, however.

"We ain't going anywhere yet, buddy! We have to bring the house down, you see!"

They start an instrumental number!

[Band music roll: 6+1]

And by "start an instrumental number" it is meant that they go absolutely nuts on their instruments! Hands move with absurd speeds, producing sounds so phat, they completely destroy any competitors. And their buildings. The town hall starts to bob, shake and almost... dance. This involves it tearing itself apart, which in turn creates a massive storm of debris moving in an absolutely insane rhythmical pattern. Darren watches in confusion as the remnants of the town hall spin and twist in the hippest of fashions, eventually settling into an odd structure as the song ends.

"Right, then. We've wrapped this up, dudes! Time for relaxation! To the luxury inn!"

They start to move toward Bernie's inn.

In the streets of Emlocke...

Luke searches for that bunch of dickish dogs!

[Search roll: 4]

After bouncing around for a good half hour, he comes upon the pack! There seem to be 17 of them in total! Also, they are not carrying any bones at the moment. Thirdly, he has exactly zero functional limbs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: February 12, 2013, 02:27:22 pm »

>Timothy will head in the direction of the castle proper, making his way towards the place he left Hansel.

>He'll go see the Doctor and ask if he knows anything about scarecrows and how to doctor them. Becoming perceptible again first, naturally. Oh, and he'll volunteer to look after Hansel in the meantime if the bird needs constant care... although of course a trained nurse might be better for the job.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: February 12, 2013, 03:41:03 pm »

In the courtyard of Castle Wossname...

Timothy heads in the direction of the castle in order to find Hansel and his attending physician in the castle infirmary! They are found easily enough, since Timothy already knows the way. Hansel looks a bit better than the last time Timothy saw him, though he is still a rather broken little monsterbird. All in all, good. Good enough to warrant perceptibility!

[Perceptibility roll: 1]

He becomes but a faint presence on the material plane, and starts to feel somewhat... disconnected. Oddly so. Hm.
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 719