Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542868 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 4: In With The Right Crowd
« Reply #3255 on: February 24, 2013, 04:39:43 pm »

In a highly secure house...

Darren tries to howl as spookily as he can at the sight of all these odd things in here.

[Spooky Howling roll: 3]

He sort of spookily oohs and aahs a bit, though it is hardly a bone-chilling, soul-shattering scream one might hope for. He hides in the wall anyway, hoping to avoid retribution for his lackluster performance.

[Hiding roll: 6]

He speeds over to the wall in under a sixth of a second, hiding himself from sight very nicely! This comes at the horrible price of not being able to see a damn thing, since he is entirely phased into a wall. Also, it tingles uncomfortably to be inside a steel plate.

In the streets of Emlocke...

Tom lets himself be carried off through the streets, whisked away by a many-armed angel of successful limb transplantation! He looks about for eminently rigid things to take on the way!

[Perception roll: ?]

He notices sticks, metallic poles, abandoned staves, hooks, stands, all sorts of things! And he is in a position that guarantees he will pick up exactly zero of them. How infuriating.

In a house of some kind...

Luke figures that he shouldn't be Luke anymore. He should be something cooler. Like the Spectrum! Yeah, that'll work. And to up the intimidation factor, he tries to become faster!

[Pink magic roll: 2-1]

He intuitively feels himself slow down to a top speed of an inch per 20 seconds. He doesn't feel very much like the Spectrum. In fact, this is a bit more reminiscent of good ol' Luke instead.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: February 24, 2013, 04:45:52 pm »

GTFO. Go and find who we're the guest of.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: February 24, 2013, 04:49:03 pm »

What is happening I don't even.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: February 24, 2013, 04:51:15 pm »

What exactly would you be referring to? The pink magic or something else?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: February 24, 2013, 04:52:28 pm »

What exactly would you be referring to? The pink magic or something else?
EVERYTHING.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: February 24, 2013, 05:12:34 pm »

"I SAID FASTER!"
What he said.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: February 24, 2013, 05:31:33 pm »

Attempt to bite off one of my captors fingers and attach it to myself. Wag my new appendage at them in disapproval of their lackluster internal compasses.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: February 24, 2013, 06:16:08 pm »

If the pink magic explosion does try to destroy everything the gods will football it to space or just nuke it
keep going to the necroman protecting Gamerlord as she carrys Tom
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: February 25, 2013, 02:07:34 am »

In a highly secure house...

Darren tries to puzzle out what exactly is going on here and determine who might live in the house. He opts to do this outside the wall.

[Investigation roll: ?]

Well, the presence of these artifacts is indicative of a mage of some kind. And... wait, is that a tan robe? You don't see many of those in mage circles. Darren takes careful inventory of the artifacts and moves out of the room, pondering their significance.

A particularly striking thing he saw was an odd emblem. A prominent element of it was a red circle with a diagonal line through it. Wonder what it could mean?

[Perception roll: ?]

Wait, are those footsteps? It sounds like they are coming from upstairs!

Luke tries to get faster once again! It can't be that hard, you know.

[Intelligence roll: ?]

Hm, maybe he could utilize the flow of pink within him to propel him to great speeds and... and... yeah! That's actually a good idea!

[Pink magic roll: 4-1+1]

He has now achieved the blinding speed of an inch per six seconds! He had better be careful or he might crash into something!

Tom, dissatisfied at the completely unsatisfactory direction he is being taken, attempts to bite off one of Yorinnsud's fingers!

[Tom vs. Yorinnsud: 4+1-2 vs. 2]

He latches on to Yorinnsud's finger and pulls, detaching it from her skeletal arm! Mark, noticing this, moves to restrain Tom's head!

[Mark vs. Tom: 6 vs. 5-2]

He grabs Tom's head in his arms and secures it tightly, not letting Tom have even the tiniest bit of freedom as they get back to the inn.

[Encounter roll: 4]

Surprisingly, there is very little of note in the area for them to chuck torsos at as they return to their point of origin. How disappointing.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: February 25, 2013, 02:14:34 am »

"All shall know the beauty of the PINK!"
Faster, more pulling things in, share the pink!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: February 25, 2013, 04:31:53 am »

After showing the pyro to benie Mark gets out his paper and charcol (I have not forgot about it) and writes on it
"Man I will make some new limbs for you if you pay for them by working for me nod your head for yes shake for no"

show it to Tom
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: February 25, 2013, 09:01:50 am »

Luke, in a shocking twist, tries to do the same thing he already did, only better!

[Pink magic roll: 2-1]

After a brief moment of being a real speed demon at a maximum velocity of an inch per three seconds, Luke realizes he cannot handle the speed! He once again slows down to about a top speed of an inch per twelve seconds! Thank goodness for that, he could have hurt someone, you know!

He tries sucking. More specifically, sucking something into himself!

Things don't seem very eager to get pulled into him. He doesn't seem to be creating all that much pull. It is only after about three minutes of top-speed breakneck flight that he reaches an object two and a half feet away in order to absorb it into his collapsing being!

He feels heavier, but not bigger. That's odd.

Mark presents Tom the pyromaniac to the necromancer!

He looks less than impressed.

"You have caught and dismembered one of your own number. Great job, guys, great job."

With that, Mark quickly drafts up a note using charcoal and the paper he never picked up. After all, he only picked up a pale bit of wood, which he then pinned up at the inn that just burned down. That's a bit disappointing, but what can you do.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: February 25, 2013, 09:25:16 am »

I had forgot that I had stapled the paper to the inn so I shall make !!!PHYIC PAPER!!!
My Sig

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: February 25, 2013, 11:23:43 am »

More power to the tractor beam!
So how are you today?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: February 25, 2013, 04:08:08 pm »

Mark, lacking anything to write on, attempts to manifest some kind of paper out of thin air!

Predictably, it does not work one bit. If only he didn't live in a world that had such strict rules on what you can and cannot do as an ordinary science-oriented skeleton. Being a skeleton of science, he cannot rely on the sheer power of idiocy to provide him with all he needs. He probably needs to approach this differently.

In a house of some sort...

Luke, dissatisfied with his results so far, decides to suck harder!

[Sucking roll: 1-1]

He succeeds! He sucks in a very abominable fashion, achieving such suckage that he, paradoxically enough, doesn't suck anymore! Rather, he blows, and he blows most profusely! He blows so much that he cancels out any effect of his previous suckage, becoming just a pretty swirl of pink in the air that doesn't do very much at all.
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 719