Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 540898 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #4860 on: May 22, 2013, 02:33:49 pm »

((How many jars does Whip Man have?! What are you guys even doing?))
To answer your first question, enough.
I now plan to use Whip Man's 'enough' supply of jars to flood the caverns.
No, flood the surface. It could even beat Boatmurdered, as the water is both acid and tranparent, so you will be able to see how everything is melting.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: May 22, 2013, 02:37:38 pm »

Morton looked upwards into the darkness at the screech. "Oh dear, that sounds like the captain... I can't tell if that's his usual or something else." Morton commented, as he leaned the rubber oar on his shoulder and fishes out the magic fire starter. He flicks it on to see if it gives enough light to see by. "Well then compatriots... Should we continue on into the horrible abyss, or see how things are progressing upstairs? Although I shudder at the thought of what c-creatures might be down here, we shouldn't leave business unfinished."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: May 22, 2013, 07:38:11 pm »

((How many jars does Whip Man have?! What are you guys even doing?))
To answer your first question, enough.
I now plan to use Whip Man's 'enough' supply of jars to flood the caverns.
No, flood the surface. It could even beat Boatmurdered, as the water is both acid and tranparent, so you will be able to see how everything is melting.
(hell yes )
Mark sticks with the chef he seems to be the most fun
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4863 on: May 23, 2013, 02:49:54 am »

In the cargo hold of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Niklas holds out the cat in front of him, hoping its whiskers will detect any approaching fiends before his eyes get a chance to, and heads into the darkness, followed by Mark. After making the rounds around the dark area, he hasn't been eaten yet. Again. And the cat is woefully silent, possibly trapped in its own reverie of existential horror. All in all, quite boring. Mark is also, sadly rather lacking in any sort of genius insight on the location of the Things Below.

At the same time, Morton considers the meaning of the screech.

"Oh dear, that sounds like the captain... I can't tell if that's his usual or something else."

He takes out his magical lighter and lights it, getting a minor amount of light, enough to see comfortably about a meter or so around himself. What he sees is the same old stuff - debris and yet another giant clam.

"Well then, compatriots... should we continue on into the horrible abyss, or see how things are progressing upstairs? Although I shudder at the thought of what c-creatures might be down here, we shouldn't leave business unfinished."

Nobody seems to willing to engage him in dialogue right now. Niklas has gone off deeper into the darkness and the others don't seem to be particularly able to communicate meaningfully.

In the de Jong and Associates Bank...

Sigmund, having become yet another victim of traffic regulation, asks the lady if she can provide a guided tour straight to the exit.

"Well, I really shouldn't leave my post, but I suppose I could take you in the right direction a ways. Come with me."

She leads Sigmund to a door that has the sign "Financial Consultations" atop it. Opening the door, she beckons Sigmund to come through, which he does.

The Financial Consultations department seems to be slightly less full than the lobby. It's a wide hallway with a row of offices on either side, with several people seated on couches next to each office. Olivia points at the end of the hallway.

"The consultation department is probably the best choice if you want to just get through, the door to the exit is at the end of this hallway. Now, I don't think you need me to go down a hallway, so, if you don't mind, I'll be returning to the lobby."

The woman looks at Sigmund for a moment to see if he wants anything else.

At the Gerfluski and Sons Bank...

Scott signs the form giving him all the savings of his family. The clerk nods, takes the paper back and hands Scott both the box and the key.

"Here is your money, sir. Do come again."

Scott takes the money and goes up to the Artiste.

"Master... would you have any books on golemancy?"

"Books on what? I don't even know what that is. And I don't really have any books on me, strictly speaking. Well, aside from a demonology volume the guy I possessed was carrying."

"I think brainchild here means golem creation."

"Oh. Well, I definitely don't have anything on that."

"Erin could probably help you with that - she can make bodies of all sorts, though they're pretty uncomplicated in their construction."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4864 on: May 23, 2013, 03:24:29 am »

Bah. Nothing down here but the clams.
Maybe.

Go back and retrieve one of the clams in preparation for going back up.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: May 23, 2013, 04:14:03 am »

"I don't need complication...just longevity. I guess I will go find her and inform her of our readiness to leave on the ship."
Scott will go find Erin.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 09:11:09 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: May 23, 2013, 08:04:47 am »

still following the chief Mark seeing him reach for a clam got ready to impale the clam if it moved or looked dangerous
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4867 on: May 23, 2013, 08:55:10 am »

Kevin runs in the direction of Kevin and Niklas until he can see them again, then follows them further into the cargo hold.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4868 on: May 23, 2013, 09:32:10 am »

Sigmund thanks the lady and goes to the exit, then to the bank where Scott is supposed to be.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: May 23, 2013, 09:56:41 am »

In the cargo hold of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Niklas, coming to terms with the grim reality that the hideous menace he's here to deal with are probably a bunch of clams or invisible beasts that he couldn't possibly see coming at him from that corner over there, goes and tries to pick up a clam with one arm.

[Strength roll: 3+1-1]

He grabs it and tries to lift it. Though it is surprisingly light, it is nonetheless too heavy to lift with one arm. As Niklas tries to raise the clam triumphantly, his faithful minion Mark stands around unhelpfully, hoping to get out of lifting the thing by looking as watchful and guard-like as possible.

Meanwhile, Kevin decides to run in the direction of Niklas and Kevin! Niklas proves easy enough to find, as he seems to be in the middle of ineffectually lifting clams, but where's Kevin, he wonders? Bloody bugger's disappeared.

However, before he can embarrass himself too much, he remembers that he's actually Kevin. He looks down at his skeletal body. Yeah, Kevin's here. All is well. He would follow Kevin, too, but he seems to be waiting for something right now. How inconsiderate of him.

At the Gerfluski and Sons Bank...

Scott explains his nefarious plan to the other guys.

"I don't need complication...just longevity. I guess I will go find her and inform her of our readiness to leave on the ship."

"Yeah, you do that. Just be back. With the money."

Scott waves his hand dismissively at Bernie and heads back to the shrieking ship. He goes back into the captain's quarters. Blondie seems to be seated on a ruined bed, holding a rag to her nose and looking quite bored. Erin, meanwhile, seems to be appreciating her handiwork.

"Man, I really do all my best work while under pressure, ya know?"

The handiwork in question seems to be a now-ruggedly handsome man clad in strange ceremonial armor, more angular in shape than what you'd usually see, and there's a certain alien quality to it. Maybe it's the silvery geometric patterns across the jet black armor plates. Maybe it's the fact that they seem to shift occasionally, though not when you're looking at them.

"RATHER NICE, I have to say. THE SCREECH CERTAINLY HELPED. I only wish the circumstances hadn't involved MY SKIN PAINFULLY MELTING INTO A SINGLE ECTOPLASMIC CLUMP!"

"Well, it's better now, no?"

"CERTAINLY! But DAMN, was that PAINFUL!"

In the Financial Consultation department of the de Jong and Associates Bank...

Sigmund thanks Olivia and lets her go about her business, then heads down the hallway. He has to get out already. The smell of bureaucracy is getting to him.

As he walks down the hall, he suddenly hears a loud voice. Then a rather large, stocky man jumps in front of him.

"Sir, I require your assistance!" he says in a deep voice. "There will be a reward if you help, don't worry! It'll be real quick."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4870 on: May 23, 2013, 10:04:12 am »

Sigmund asked what the problem was and agreeded to help the man, but remained at a cautious distance from him.

((And the bureaucratic adventure continues!)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: May 23, 2013, 10:29:38 am »

Guy, master wants us on the ship. You'll have to follow me.

He will then start speaking privately to Erin
Can you teach me the basics of creating golems? I would like to transfer my husband to a new body as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 12:26:55 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: May 23, 2013, 11:32:53 am »

((I bet that that bank is a. demonic or b. you're asleep and should start disbelieving everything. Being asleep is generally a good way to explain weird things.))

Kevin sees if there are any areas left un-explored. If there are not, he tries to smash another clam.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: May 23, 2013, 01:27:14 pm »

"...Huh? Wuh?" Morton snapped out of his train of thought, looking around to see Niklas doing his clam thing, Mark being on guard, and Kevin being Kevin. Seeing Kevin move further into the ship's hold, he follows him. There was still a job to do, after all. He extinguishes the magical lighter flame and stashes it back in his livery, seeing as Kevin has a lantern that's much better.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: May 23, 2013, 08:05:41 pm »

Put the clam down for now and go into the darkness again, but with the lantern guy so we can see what is there.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 719