Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 472 473 [474] 475 476 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542846 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #7095 on: September 27, 2013, 05:21:31 pm »

"I see you enjoyed my present Master...A little too much maybe. This (indicating to the food) should put some new life in you."
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7096 on: September 27, 2013, 05:26:20 pm »

((This should be a fun turn. IIRC each turn is about 10 minutes, so in about 6 turns I should have my upgrades ready.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7097 on: September 27, 2013, 05:30:50 pm »

((I need my limbs back before I can go up the stairs))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7098 on: September 27, 2013, 05:33:51 pm »

((I need my limbs back before I can go up the stairs))
((Ha
HAHAHAHAHA
REMEMBER WHEN NIKLAS WAS LIKE THIS
AHAHAHAHA))
Sig! Onol

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7099 on: September 27, 2013, 06:44:03 pm »

Hmm....think I'll put in a char for the waitlist.

Character:

Name: Irma Pratley
Archetype: Zombie
Biography: Irma Pratley lived a full 86 year life of looking after her husband, then her kids, then her grandkids, and later of taking up knitting.
She died quietly of her age while undertaking a 28 hour knitting session.
When her husband came down for breakfast, she was still knitting.
Neither of them knew of her death until a week later when she started decomposing.
Having a loving husband and children/grandchildren, she is still invited to family gatherings, though generally kept away from the food.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 06:53:56 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7100 on: September 27, 2013, 06:50:24 pm »

Hmm....think I'll put in a char for the waitlist.
You may be waiting a while, but it's worth it to wait.
Sig! Onol

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7101 on: September 27, 2013, 06:56:33 pm »

I like the idea of her family being surprisingly fine with the whole undead thing but if that's a problem then it can be changed.

Sidenote: I was briefly tempted to have had her die from being run down by a reindeer at Christmastime, but resisted that urge.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7102 on: September 27, 2013, 06:57:43 pm »

This will be interesting when you eventually get in.
Sig! Onol

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7103 on: September 27, 2013, 09:54:57 pm »

I think we should start a betting pool whenever a new character joins on how long till they are no longer recognizable as human.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7104 on: September 27, 2013, 10:32:01 pm »

Well, we only have two who fail that now. Not that bad out of the five who joined.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7105 on: September 28, 2013, 01:36:01 am »

I have doggedly tried to stay as human as possible, sane however...maybe not.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7106 on: September 28, 2013, 02:49:33 am »

"Uh... I'm home?"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7107 on: September 28, 2013, 03:41:48 am »

In the cargo hold of the Artiste's ship...

Sigmund takes a look at Mark's books. Both of them seem to be related to magic, oddly enough. One is a book of various bindings, the other is a divination manual seemingly written for practical use. How'd this weirdo get his grubby metal hands on either of these? Sigmund takes a moment to think about this, then addresses Mark.

"Listen, trying to rob that bookstore ended with most of us mangled and lacking limbs, so I think that you will have some precious work. On the other hand, the guards seem to be rather competent, so try to stay low and don't do anything that may compromise any of us. Oh, and, if you happen to come across a man made of chairs, tell him to stay away from the ship and us, because the most probable thing is that he is Niklas, and there is a high bounty on him."

Mark doesn't answer or move, lacking both limbs and articulation. Sigmund wonders if he is actually still alive.

At the Brotherhood of Fine Furniture and Other Odds and Ends...

Niklas, not opposed to the idea of flying, agreed to the proposal.

"Excellent idea!"

The furniture guy looks at him oddly, but Niklas doesn't particularly mind. He goes outside and tries to hover.

It works, sorta! As in, he launches himself upwards rapidly, flying into the sky like a chair comet of some sort. He reaches the apex of his flight about a minute later, now finding himself more than a kilometer up from the ground.

"Whee! Hahahahah!"

On a telepathic ship...

Morton continues on with his backstory, having been suitably provoked by the ship.

~Heh, I dearly hope that is a good remark.~

~Being remembered is fine and nice, but what I really want is for them to be happy and to not worry too much about me. If that much can be done, then I can be happy. My wife... Heheh, words can't describe. She is--... she... was everything I wanted in life, she was my life in a sense. I would do anything for her, climb any mountain, fight any foe, debate any politician, match wits with any wizard, and I still would today. She was what got me out of bed every morning thinking I was the luckiest damned guy in the world. She taught me to always think optimistically, to give everyone a chance, to help whoever needed it, to stand by my friends and to always look for options in any situation. I remember that I'd tease that I either must of been in a coma and dreaming, or she chose me because of my tea. She'd always say it was because of my wit and smile... but that the tea was a nice perk, better than the mage's down the way at any rate.~

~I was her Carter, and she was my Ruth. I don't think I can explain it any better than that.~

The ship takes a moment, seemingly to process what it has heard.

~What made her truly special to you?~ it asks.

On the deck of the shrieking ship of Shriekpot...

Scott presents his treats to the Artiste, hoping that the meats will serve to alleviate his hangover.

"I see you enjoyed my present, Master... a little too much maybe. This should put some new life in you."

The Artiste looks up from his current activity, looking at Scott dully. He notices the food.

"How's that going to help?" he half-asks, half-groans.

"I GUARANTEE its EFFECTIVENESS!" the Captain vouches for the food. "For a CRIPPLING HANGOVER, there's NOTHING like a MOUTHFUL of BACON!"

"Uh... really?"

"I'm a MERCHANT CAPTAIN! Or USED to be, anyhow. I KNOW MY HANGOVER CURES!"

The Artiste looks at the Captain, then at Scott. He then takes the net full of meat, fetching a slice of bacon and some bread, then nibbling on both as he sits on deck.

"I'm SURE he'll THANK you later!" the Captain tells Scott, then looks at the Artiste, who cautiously shrugs and half-nods while having his breakfast and trying to keep it down.

"Uh... I'm home?" a voice comes from somewhere. The people gathered on deck all look around until their eyes rest on the somewhat destroyed Kevin.

"GODS, man! What HAPPENED to YOU? Did a MOUNTAIN SIT DOWN ON YOUR EXTREMITIES?"

The Artiste says nothing, though he does look Kevin over while chewing on his salted meat snacks contentedly.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 04:48:28 am by Harry Baldman »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7108 on: September 28, 2013, 03:49:29 am »

"Stupid guard mages or something like that. They also chopped off my hand for good measure. I saw Siggy leave with the treehead in a bag, did you guys assemble him already?"

((Wow, Xanmyral.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7109 on: September 28, 2013, 04:02:22 am »

Ah, Yes....By the way Master, I suggest rounding up the crew and leaving the town as soon as possible. The Guards are not to fond of Necromancy and the continued presence of undead, namely us, are grinding down their last reserves of patience apparently. And as Kevin says, they are very violent people.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 04:10:12 am by Innsmothe »
Pages: 1 ... 472 473 [474] 475 476 ... 719