Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542699 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 5: The Path of Dreams
« Reply #7170 on: October 01, 2013, 08:49:04 am »

((...Parts of me wish I was back, but bigger and saner parts have clapped the other parts in irons and imprisoned them for all eternity. I think that's a good thing.))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7171 on: October 01, 2013, 08:52:12 am »

((...Parts of me wish I was back, but bigger and saner parts have clapped the other parts in irons and imprisoned them for all eternity. I think that's a good thing.))
((Definitely. But besides Niklas' particular case, I think that not many insane stuff has happened, yet.))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7172 on: October 01, 2013, 10:41:14 am »

"So, is there anything I could do?", Kevin said to noone nobody in particular.
((I remember the last time I mispelled no one. I will not make that mistake again.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7173 on: October 01, 2013, 02:38:37 pm »

Carry a chair out of the shop, then try to affect it. See what happens.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7174 on: October 01, 2013, 03:46:32 pm »

Just weak. The stuff laborers drink all day to keep hydrated without having to resort to drinking water. drinking water.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 01:57:31 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7175 on: October 01, 2013, 05:20:09 pm »

~I'm dreadfully sorry to relate that I haven't, Captain. I hadn't gotten out much I'm afraid, I was rather sheltered in both of my chances. Only now have I started to explore my surroundings, something that I wish I had done earlier.~

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7176 on: October 02, 2013, 12:15:47 pm »

In the cargo hold of the shrieking ship...

Sigmund closes the book on divination, judging it to be pretty useless, then opens up the book of bindings.

Ah, this seems to be a spellbook rather than a manual. It contains a whole lot of binding spells, though they seem to be purely physical bindings rather than something related to the soul. Might be a nifty thing to try if he felt like it, though it would presumably require attunement and quite a lot of practice to get just right.

On the deck of the shrieking ship...

Kevin, terribly mangled, yet still too proud to beg, asks if there is some way he could make himself useful.

"So, is there anything I could do?"

The Artiste, finishing a strip of bacon, looks at him.

"Maybe you've got an idea what to call this ship? The Captain's forgotten."

"It PROBABLY wasn't a MEMORABLE NAME, anyway!"

At the Brotherhood of Fine Furniture and Other Odds and Ends...

Niklas, wondering what might be the issue, tries to remove the chairs from the area as efficiently as possible.

[Niklas strength roll: 3]

It takes about half an hour for him to do this, considering that he lacks hands and the things are damn heavy, but he manages it eventually. Now that the chairs are outside, Niklas tries to assimilate them once more. This time, it works! The five chairs regular chairs are now placed on his... shoulders, he guesses - well, now he has shoulders, anyway - and he has steel chair hands of spiky destruction as well.

This spectacle does not go quite unnoticed, Niklas observes. A few people are standing around and gawking at him, looks like.

At the Feisty Jelly...

Scott is afraid that he cannot be more specific, sadly.

"Just weak. The stuff laborers drink all day to keep hydrated without having to resort to drinking water." he says.

"So you just want some vaguely alcoholic swill? How much of it? In bulk as before, or a bit less?"

On a telepathic ship...

Morton has to admit that he's drawing a blank.

~I'm dreadfully sorry to relate that I haven't, Captain. I hadn't gotten out much I'm afraid, I was rather sheltered in both of my chances. Only now have I started to explore my surroundings, something that I wish I had done earlier.~

~Oh, you don't have to be sorry. At least you're learning something.~

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7177 on: October 02, 2013, 12:20:03 pm »

((Knew it.))

Walk up to the people and ask where I can get some money.
Sig! Onol

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7178 on: October 02, 2013, 12:37:13 pm »

"A couple of pints, to go of course."
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7179 on: October 02, 2013, 02:04:59 pm »

((Anyone else got any ideas for what to name the ship? I'm not feeling particularly creative))

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7180 on: October 02, 2013, 02:08:53 pm »

((The SS Shank of Mediocrity.))
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #7181 on: October 02, 2013, 06:15:08 pm »

[If Morton was there he'd suggest Second Chance, but I think that's boring so I say go with Thunderkill Crashburn. ...Or the Blade of the Sea, if you want to be mundane.]

~Indeed, and I'll certainly be keeping my ears open, figuratively due to physical reasons, for her name. Tell me, do you know where she might be or what she might be doing? Do you think she's out there changing the world as we speak? I can only imagine she must be from what you've told me.~

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7182 on: October 02, 2013, 07:35:25 pm »

Darren sighed.
"Guess I have to start going eventually."
Prep some magic tricks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7183 on: October 02, 2013, 08:00:34 pm »

Sigmund closed the book and said:

-I think that I will eventually ask for advice in these sbjects. We should not go around with something that can be really seful, as we might lose these things. I will carry them to the den.

Take the rest of divination stuff from Mark. Carry them and the books to the den and leave them there.

After that, Sigmund went to the deck to ask somethinbeg for money to the Artiste:

-Master, I know that we have been a failure, but Mark has got his limbs severed, and I need money to take him to a blacksmith to be fixed.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7184 on: October 03, 2013, 12:54:49 am »

((Second Shank it is.))
"How about the Second Shank?"

Pages: 1 ... 477 478 [479] 480 481 ... 719