Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 624 625 [626] 627 628 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542643 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #9375 on: March 21, 2014, 01:51:48 am »

~What the fuck? Change me back!~
Examine surroundings and new body.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9376 on: March 21, 2014, 08:57:23 am »

It's me Scott....have...have you forgotten me?"
Insert a sarcastic whine (he knows he wasn't regarded much) and maybe a crocodile tear
Put the building behind her aflame for dramatic effect.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9377 on: March 21, 2014, 03:36:11 pm »

In a pile of straw...

Sigmund, very dissatisfied with the horrid prickliness of the very thing that may have saved his life, slips out of the pile of straw, flopping out on the street and inspects himself - he realizes that he is a blob, and that he is very wet and disgusting. He has no mouth, which is good, because he would presumably vomit out of it if he could. He kind of misses being able to vomit, even if he never did get to use his capabilities for anything other than failing to make dolphins hate his guts to death.

He isn't sure how he's supposed to move on a non-sloped surface, actually. How do the jellies do even that, let alone fly? Their ways are indubitably mysterious, Sigmund thinks. Mysterious and vaguely alluring in their own way.

In a crumbling house...

Morton feels uneasy about this state of filth, death and destruction he has landed in, and wipes off some of the grime off his very nice outfit - unfortunately, the filth on his hands kind of rubs off on it. Hm. That's no good. He quickly looks around the rest of the building - it appears to have been thoroughly looted, unfortunately. All of the furnishings, which must have undoubtedly been there not too long ago, seem to have been stolen, and parts of the place seem to have collapsed.

He is also reasonably sure he is not actually a ratgirl, unless his knowledge of human anatomy does not really apply to the body of a ratlike human being.

Anywho, he petitions the gub once more.

~Do you perhaps know where my old body is in relation to where I am now? I would be dreadfully appalled to lose my tea making supplies.~

~they shall be delivered eventually!~

Morton wonders if that's good enough. After all, the gub do seem dreadfully busy with something. While he ponders, he walks outside, thinking on what to do. The outside feels very warm and safe, if one discounts the unsettling noises coming from the canals and the nasty winds blowing all around the city. And that giant monstrous dog strolling down the street, looking highly alert and primed for trouble.

In the streets of Mothdale...

Mark, still entirely confused on what to do, hops on his merry way, wondering what he could possibly replace his missing leg with. A walrus, maybe? A grasping toothy appendage of uncertain structure? Something even more interesting? 'Tis an issue he shall have to work on in due time, he thinks. Maybe he could... no, probably not. Hm.

~we have a solution!~ the voice of the gub says in his mind. Mark wonders what it might mean.

[the gub's magic roll: 4]

Unfortunately, it seems to mean peeling his soul out of his body and getting dragged through a rather large stretch of the city before settling in some sort of new body! The body in question seems to be a... person of some kind, dressed in highly garish clothing and sporting a very strange hat. Feels somewhat alive, Mark has to say. It's pretty unusual.

At a forming stalactite...

Darren gets into this manipulation game that everyone seems to be extolling the virtues of. First, he tries peer pressure.

"Ah, yes, that's, ah, thank you for the compliment. So. How about we hang out somewhere cool? Like in there," he says, pointing off toward the mausoleum.

The pile seems amused again.

"You wanna go over to a darker corner, huh? I wouldn't go in there, though, it's full of people. I've got a pad of my own nearby, in a manner of speaking. I could show you lots of fun stuff there, if you know what I mean!" it says, winking strangely.

In one of the canals of Mothdale...

Kevin does not enjoy these spontaneous soul pulls, evidently, as he is quite displeased.

~What the fuck? Change me back!~

~you will grow to enjoy this form!~ is the gub's answer. Typical. Kevin decides to examine himself, and it takes him a minute to get his mind to process what's happened to him - it cannot be! But it is!

Kevin is now a dolphin swimming in the canal! There seem to be other dolphins around. They look unspeakably volatile. And the bottom of the canal is currently looking pretty hazardous as well - it seems to be crawling with worms! And it also has a lot of algae in it, too, Kevin thinks. No wonder the water here looks so terrible.

Elsewhere in Mothdale...

Scott, disgusted at the disrespect afforded him, asks Erin if she is really that forgetful.

"It's me, Scott... have... have you forgotten me?" he asks in a vaguely mocking tone, and Erin's mouth opens up a little. Scott guesses she needs extra reminding.

[Scott's firestarting roll: 2]

He vibrates a little, but this does not seem to do much. Erin, at any rate, seems to relax a little and nod, for what that's worth.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9378 on: March 21, 2014, 04:05:28 pm »

So...what's been up with you?
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9379 on: March 21, 2014, 04:08:55 pm »

((I want to know what are those worms!))

Okay, time for a different strategy:

Determine:
-My ability to move my outer membrane.
-My ability to move my insides.
-What happens when I push the ground (aka, jumping).
-If it is the same thing to be turned around or not. I could roll around as a means of transport.
-If I can distribute my weight to one side or another. I may be able to slug around.
-If my outer membrane is flexible enough to allow me to extend part of myself forwards. May help with previous point.

((I have a bad roll? Who cares, I have !!logic!!))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9380 on: March 21, 2014, 04:15:36 pm »

~I won't! That was a very special body!~

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9381 on: March 21, 2014, 04:20:19 pm »

So...what's been up with you?

Erin just kind of shrugs and grunts before turning to leave cautiously.

~I won't! That was a very special body!~

~that is what you say now, knowing nothing of special bodies! in any case, you are not getting yours back!~

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9382 on: March 21, 2014, 04:43:03 pm »

~Why not?~

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9383 on: March 21, 2014, 04:47:12 pm »

Read this Arnold Q. Arnold book. Seems informative.
Look specifically for information on Velusius.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9384 on: March 21, 2014, 05:08:22 pm »

Unstable Ectoplasm? AKA, effectively able to explode at any time if something goes even remotely wrong?

I could not imagine something more beautiful.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9385 on: March 21, 2014, 09:01:28 pm »

[Sorry for post, see sig.]

Stealthily scamper/skulk inside and away from dog! Morton decides to listen to Gub and not face the dreadful experience of being a chew toy.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 09:06:55 pm by Xanmyral »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9386 on: March 22, 2014, 01:25:18 am »

"Ah, but wouldn't it be fun to cruise through there for a bit and show off?"

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9387 on: March 22, 2014, 01:33:46 am »

Mark expressed his emotions at the change with his new vocals. "What the fuck change me back gub. I liked being made of metal." he also checks over his new body
« Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 03:30:45 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9388 on: March 22, 2014, 02:58:29 am »

"You might as well tell me, I have nothing else to do and it's not like I can make myself hidden or anything."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9389 on: March 22, 2014, 05:10:26 am »

~Why not?~

~because it is ours now!~

"Ah, but wouldn't it be fun to cruise through there for a bit and show off?"

"People in there, they don't take kindly to our kind of fun, let me tell you. At least not most of 'em. Some are cooler with it than others, and the rest you just have to avoid."

Mark expressed his emotions at the change with his new vocals. "What the fuck change me back gub. I liked being made of metal." he also checks over his new body

~your preferences are meaningless!~

Your new body seems to be that of a woman, curiously enough. Rather functional and well-trained, but nonetheless that of a woman dressed in funny-looking clothes.

"You might as well tell me, I have nothing else to do and it's not like I can make myself hidden or anything."

Erin just keeps walking away, taking short looks around at her surroundings and keeping low to the ground.
Pages: 1 ... 624 625 [626] 627 628 ... 719