Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 639 640 [641] 642 643 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542694 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #9600 on: April 20, 2014, 04:00:23 pm »

-It would be better if you didn't call all the attention to us yet.

Lead the group to the camps, keeping some distance. Look from a distance about is going on.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9601 on: April 20, 2014, 09:58:22 pm »

Hmm.

Walk around looking for the boon thing with the kid in front of me. If we see any giant spiders, make fortuitous comments about how deliciously fluid-filled my companion is.
Just saying, man. Nothing to do with the spiders.

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9602 on: April 21, 2014, 02:05:43 am »

"Mhm. Alright."
Follow Sigmund.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9603 on: April 21, 2014, 02:21:35 am »

Scott attempts to knudge the spectral desk towards the Tailor and giving the latter a stern look as if to mentally converse his irritation of him allowing us to remain here whilst the desk natters to a being that can literally rip our souls asunder.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9604 on: April 21, 2014, 03:53:36 am »

Hmm.

Walk around looking for the boon thing with the kid in front of me. If we see any giant spiders, make fortuitous comments about how deliciously fluid-filled my companion is.
Just saying, man. Nothing to do with the spiders.

Well, whoopsie daisy. How'd that happen? I blame the lateness of the hour, myself.

Inside the Red Tower of Power...

Niklas, accompanied by his adorable sidekick, go looking for the Boon of Patricia and keep a watchful eye out for giant spiders. Unfortunately, though, it is quite dark down here - Niklas can't rightly see where he's going, and neither can the kid. Besides, who knows what one might find if one ventures into the darkness without a light source? Something gruesome, no doubt. If he went forward without a light source, why, he wouldn't even know when would be the right time to offer up his new friend as a sacrifice to the horrible fiends that are doubtlessly watching him even now.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9605 on: April 21, 2014, 10:11:10 pm »

Darren was resigned to his fate by now. He decided, with a sigh, to make it as painless as he could.
"Something... Feminine. Like, a woman. That's a good one."

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9606 on: April 22, 2014, 10:53:59 am »

Morton must say, things went quite splendidly. Seeing as he no longer needed to keep Justine in the loop of his diplomacy, he went back to the less-awkward means of communication with Gub. ~I thank you, good group Gub, and I'm most thankful for reaching a middle ground with you.~

Feeling that their stay now in the city is drawing to a close, Morton addressed the others, Justine included. "With that business thankfully taken care of, I believe now would be a good time to move on to the next city. Following the road should lead us to one in short order, hopefully. Good mage Justine, I would be quite happy if you were to accompany us, but I understand if you perhaps have other matters you wish to attend to."

With that, the desk started to make his way to the city gate/road/street that would lead out of the city and onto their journey, unless anyone needed anything before they headed off.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9607 on: April 22, 2014, 04:20:42 pm »

Outside the town of Eckledun...

Sigmund, after narrowly averting an attempt by Kevin to play some music, takes the group, inexpertly bongoing Mark included, out to the camps dotting the outside of the town.

Much to Sigmund's disappointment, there seem to be exactly zero plagues currently in progress (not that plagues or epidemics are particularly common these days, what with the advent of life magic), though many of the people here look slightly disenfranchised and weather-beaten. It's fairly clear that they're refugees of some sort, and relatively fresh ones at that. On a side note, it's been far too long since he has last evaluated a human being in terms of their freshness, Sigmund notes.

There seem to be quite a lot of tents and wagons around the place - the refugee camps are about the size of half the town, at a conservative estimate made from a less than optimal perspective. And, as luck would have it, Sigmund and company manage to come across a particular tent - they realize that it is actually a particular and not generic tent mostly from the fact that it has a sign out front - it says "Goods & Healing", and just as the group directs its eyes toward the entrance, a rather joyful, healthy and well-supplied peasant wanders out of the place, passing the group while whistling a tune for what Sigmund suspects might be a drinking song.

Still in Mothdale...

Scott begins to not-so-gently nudge Morton toward his tailor-friend when the desk seems to conclude his negotiations.

"With that business thankfully taken care of, I believe now would be a good time to move on to the next city. Following the road should lead us to one in short order, hopefully. Good mage Justine, I would be quite happy if you were to accompany us, but I understand if you perhaps have other matters you wish to attend to," he tells Justine.

"I guess I'll follow you. Time away from the gub will do me a lot of good," she says, shivering. Guess Morton and friends can leave now! So they head out northwest, eventually coming to the road that seems to lead them along the coast of the Sea of Death - no doubt many hardened men and women of magic will be found along this path!

~it is wonderful that you did not choose the wrong direction, morton!~

"Shame I can't sense magic that far away. Could save us a trip, maybe."

~trust us when we say that you do not want to take the other western road out! if only because your criminal friends already wandered down that one, if nothing else!~

At the Temple of Automaton Worship...

Darren, after sighing with resignation, decides to try and make the experience to follow at least not completely unpalatable.

"Something... feminine. Like, a woman. That's a good one," he says to his friend.

"Well, aren't we picky?" he laughs, and his ectoplasmic flesh twists a bit, creating a vague dark silhouette, or perhaps a shadow, of a mildly feminine figure. "Something like this?"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9608 on: April 22, 2014, 04:56:17 pm »

Sigmund turned to the others:

-Well, we got a bunch of refugees. I wouldn't be surprised if they have run out of Mothdale, actually. And, whoever is inside this tent is probably a life mage. But, before attempting, well anything, it would be better to get to know what has happened in first place. So, I would suggest we spread out a little bit, hear what the people is talking about, then regroup here to discuss our findings.

Sigmund then directed his sight to Mark:

-And please stop playing those. I think that I am the one who is supposed to play them, not you.

Exchange bongoes for the flute wit Mark, wait for Art's response before going to investigate.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9609 on: April 22, 2014, 06:04:17 pm »

Hey kid, do you have a light spell?
Sig! Onol

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9610 on: April 23, 2014, 12:57:00 am »

"We should try a street performance, to see if these things are useful. I'm not comfortable going up against a mage without some tricks up my sleeve."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9611 on: April 23, 2014, 06:21:11 am »

"We should try a street performance, to see if these things are useful. I'm not comfortable going up against a mage without some tricks up my sleeve."

-The mage is working, sadly, but I guess that keeping the other people distracted enough from not noticing how the mage gets his soul sucked away could work. Before attempting this, though, we should see if the mage would want to come with us willingly.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9612 on: April 23, 2014, 10:00:02 am »

"Which road would you suggest then?"
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9613 on: April 23, 2014, 10:34:28 am »

Hey kid, do you have a light spell?

"I dunno. Never tried to make anybody glow yet. Wanna be my first test subject?"

"Which road would you suggest then?"

~we would advise that you do not listen to any who knock this road! it is the perfect road and should be lacking in danger now that we are more aware!~
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 11:22:56 am by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9614 on: April 23, 2014, 10:46:26 am »

How about my knife?
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 639 640 [641] 642 643 ... 719