Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 643 644 [645] 646 647 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542673 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #9660 on: May 02, 2014, 12:00:26 pm »

"Yeah, that was her. And she was the only person I know that is close to the Black Circle. She's not in it herself, you see. Her mistress is a tower and she is in the Circle."

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9661 on: May 02, 2014, 12:14:07 pm »

-I would probably be amazed to know that fact if I hadn't known Mark, I think. Well, still, we aren't going to fight the Gub in any way. They are in a quest for power, but behaving with such rationality that they won't direct efforts to kill us unless it is actually more beneficial to do that rather than just letting us be. But knowing more about them would certainly help, yes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9662 on: May 02, 2014, 04:43:05 pm »

"You don't drink...tea? Pardon me if you will madam, but are you being intentionally ominous? We DO have..or have had... vampire friends you know. It is NOTHING to be ashamed of."

"It's a bit untoward to imply someone is a vampire in polite society," Lady Melville says, looking at her pseudo-wings, "even if it is rather obvious. It invites all sorts of boring discussion, I find."

-Can't say that I actually feel well about doing this, but I guess that we don't have a choice at this point. We really lack the knowledge about how to deal with the Gub, actually. I was just asking Kevin, now hat Mark isn't here, what does he know about the Gub. We need to know what are we dealing with, so it would be great if you could contribute with whatever kind of information you have.

"I've got my own little theory, and you'll have to bear with me on this one - the gub is actually a person, or maybe several people. I think I've read about magical experiments of this nature - fusing minds together, creating telepathic networks of people, facilitating efficiency through assimilation - it gets pretty scary when you realize that some of these people, these mind aggregates get out into the wild. Can you even imagine? It's like a colony of human bees, in a way. I think the gub are one of those, like a magical experiment gone horribly wrong. Maybe that old archmage messed with things he shouldn't have, you know what I'm saying?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9663 on: May 02, 2014, 05:44:05 pm »

Niklas reaches back into the reaches of his mind...
Quote from: Niklas' memory
~You want a boon, huh? I guess I can help you - you sure seem like you could use some kind of assistance. Tell you what, there's a little something in the basement of this tower, in a long-forgotten, blissfully unguarded corner of a disused storage room filled with... flasks, I think? Anyway, it's right behind a loose, magical brick. This little something will probably help you in pretty much every way if used right. If you want, go get it - pretty sure nobody else knows where it is, at least not yet. Have a good one and all that,~ the voice of Pacitarius says, then cuts out quickly. Guess if Niklas doesn't want to slip on his own blood while going downstairs, he'll probably have to do a quick patch job with what he's got.

He brightens up!

Look for those flasks and that loose magical brick!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9664 on: May 02, 2014, 06:00:21 pm »

-I do know what you are talking about. I was actually thinking something similar. The Gub tries to be efficient, behaving sometimes like a being far more rational than a human being, but then they get emotional problems. When I made them to get angry by means of arguing about how puting a lot of souls in the same vessel actually reduces coordination, they... they briefly wanted to kill me, but restrained themselves. I am hated by the Gub, which is something bad, but somehow incites my curiousity. They said that the desire to kill was too human for them. Maybe they are more than human souls? I think that I have heard the term "Gub" before, but I digress. The Gub pretty much acts like a being trying to assimilate people, souls, into itself, but, with no apparent goal, we can only expect it to go in a lust for power. It is also worth mentioning that the Gub thinks that they are immortal, that they can't die. I really doubt that, but it can play in our favor eventually.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9665 on: May 03, 2014, 01:42:24 am »

"I find 'polite society' is rather rude and unforgiving in it's own uniquely foul ways. If you cannot be yourself or be allowed to be happy, there is little hindrance in burning everything to the foundations and build it back up brick by brick....or so my partner taught me after I passed.
In anycase I feel we should get to the matter at hand, Morton, if you would so kindly?"
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9666 on: May 03, 2014, 07:05:48 am »

"Wait, wait. Fusing souls togheter? I'm fairly sure that Lizzie tried that. She pulled me out of my body and into hers, and then we sort of were one person for a few seconds... Also mentioned that she did this with slaves."

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9667 on: May 03, 2014, 07:19:13 am »

When am I going to be added into the game? This chapter seems to go on forever... :l
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9668 on: May 03, 2014, 07:22:01 am »

((When 6 more people die.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9669 on: May 03, 2014, 07:32:51 am »

When am I going to be added into the game? This chapter seems to go on forever... :l

All chapters aside from the first two in this game go on forever, and the current group seem somewhat bad at dying, I'm afraid.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9670 on: May 03, 2014, 08:31:01 am »

-Fusing souls together? I don't think so. When the Gub tried to put us all inside the same boy they didn't want to fuse us, just to force us to cooperate, which means that we would somehow retain our individuality.

All chapters aside from the first two in this game go on forever, and the current group seem somewhat bad at dying, I'm afraid.

((But I can say that either playing or watching is fun. Or at least it was for me.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9671 on: May 03, 2014, 08:41:46 am »

"I find 'polite society' is rather rude and unforgiving in it's own uniquely foul ways. If you cannot be yourself or be allowed to be happy, there is little hindrance in burning everything to the foundations and build it back up brick by brick....or so my partner taught me after I passed.
In anycase I feel we should get to the matter at hand, Morton, if you would so kindly?"

"Well, you see, the real problem is that, once you mention you're a vampire, people treat it like your definitive personal trait virtually all the time, which, as I'm sure you must suspect, tends to get insulting. It's not like being a vampire or being recognized as such is integral to my happiness in any way. Really, it's mostly just a basic convenience. And like most conveniences, it's scarcely worth talking about, hence my insistence that we do not. But yes, let's get to the matter at hand, shall we?"

-I do know what you are talking about. I was actually thinking something similar. The Gub tries to be efficient, behaving sometimes like a being far more rational than a human being, but then they get emotional problems. When I made them to get angry by means of arguing about how puting a lot of souls in the same vessel actually reduces coordination, they... they briefly wanted to kill me, but restrained themselves. I am hated by the Gub, which is something bad, but somehow incites my curiousity. They said that the desire to kill was too human for them. Maybe they are more than human souls? I think that I have heard the term "Gub" before, but I digress. The Gub pretty much acts like a being trying to assimilate people, souls, into itself, but, with no apparent goal, we can only expect it to go in a lust for power. It is also worth mentioning that the Gub thinks that they are immortal, that they can't die. I really doubt that, but it can play in our favor eventually.

"I don't know... I'm not sure the gub care so much about the souls. They seem to be putting them into a variety of places, not assimilating them. It seems like they're interested in minds more than souls. After all, they didn't really assimilate any of us, just put us under their control for a while. And I also think they're really making things up as they go - they didn't seem to have any sort of greater plan. Well, not yet, anyway, aside from getting magic."

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9672 on: May 03, 2014, 08:49:23 am »

"I was talking about Lizzie. Lizzie fused some souls, I'm fairly sure."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9673 on: May 03, 2014, 09:38:10 am »

-The Gub told me that we couldn't be assimilated, so they wanted to milk us to cut their loses. Our master probably helped to make us inmune to assimilation. But, as I said, the Gub has only been sentient for a week. They are improving really quickly, though. Do you remember how they were so, childish, when we first met them? Now they are ruthless and cold-blooded. I hope that they evolve eventually into a peaceful being, but it is very unlikely. It is in our nature, and thus in that of the Gub, to seek power.

Sigmund then went back from his reflection to his more practical way of thinking:

-Well, our first priority should be to get in contact with the Black Circle somehow. If they are here, it shouldn't complicated, and we also have a contact inside the Circle. We have to know what is happening, or how to eventually deal with the Gub. And now that we have actually talked about this, we should find Mark before he kills somebody.

Lead the group to find Mark

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9674 on: May 03, 2014, 03:14:34 pm »

Do so.
Pages: 1 ... 643 644 [645] 646 647 ... 719