Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 690 691 [692] 693 694 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542646 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #10365 on: February 14, 2015, 04:32:56 pm »

((...details please?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10366 on: February 14, 2015, 04:33:15 pm »

"What is/was this amulet, where did you get it, how did you obtain it, and what powers did it grant you? The fungus was divine, you say? Which divinity? Are you immortal? What do you plan to do?
Think that's all."

"I have it right around my neck, you can have a closer look if you want. I got it from a good friend of mine who happens to be dead now. He gave it to me as part of a clandestine deal. It granted me some significant abilities on par with what you might expect from a deity, albeit with none of the status or omniscience. It was. Pacitarius, if I'm guessing correctly. Theoretically not, practically yes now that I've got that fungus. I plan on getting some undead agents with your help, then sending you out to pursue a lead relating to other methods of mind control, since they are, as of today, something of an interest of mine."

"Now, I can give you my amulet if you want to examine it for a moment, as long as you promise to be careful with it,"
the king then reminds you, raising a rather inconspicuous amulet with a muted green stone set in it from underneath his collar. "And answer any final questions you might have, if you wish."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10367 on: February 14, 2015, 04:40:50 pm »

"Who was this friend? How'd he die? How did he get the amulet? What deal was it for an object of such power? Mind control, eh. D'you know anything about someone called the Artiste? We were on the Sea of Death last I saw him, I think. Alright, everything sounds about good. Yes I will try that amulet out, however. Don't worry, I'm very good with equipment.

Examine the amulet closely. Try it on, see if I get any sense of ridiculous power.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10368 on: February 14, 2015, 04:51:49 pm »

"Who was this friend? How'd he die? How did he get the amulet? What deal was it for an object of such power? Mind control, eh. D'you know anything about someone called the Artiste? We were on the Sea of Death last I saw him, I think. Alright, everything sounds about good. Yes I will try that amulet out, however. Don't worry, I'm very good with equipment.

Examine the amulet closely. Try it on, see if I get any sense of ridiculous power.

"Don't recall his name, but he really wanted to be a powerful wizard. He was given it by a great enchanter. The deal stipulated that he deliver the amulet to me from the hands of its maker, and in return he would obtain forbidden knowledge. Indeed, mind control. Never heard of an Artiste. Sounds slightly relevant, you'll relate the details to me later," the king says, taking off the amulet and placing it in your hands. You have to let go of Påt to examine it, but he seems perfectly alright on the floor, if a little scared and alone.

The amulet is made of what looks like gold, with a green stone set in it. No ornamentation. The chain is robust, a little thicker than you'd expect from the average piece of jewelry. Looking at it, you sense... something unusual. Given that you are wholly untrained in perceiving enchantment, you wonder if this is an indication of the ridiculous power you're looking for.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10369 on: February 14, 2015, 04:56:27 pm »

"Forbidden knowledge of what?"

Try it on. Anything different?
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10370 on: February 14, 2015, 05:08:50 pm »

"Forbidden knowledge of what?"

Try it on. Anything different?

You put the amulet on. A sense of warmth pervades your body. Your mind stretches toward the heavens, expanding beyond the reaches of the castle. Reality starts to bend around you, and you hear whispers from the dark beyond. Your feet do not quite touch the ground, and you feel you could ascend higher if you wish. Dozens of new senses are opening up to you. The workings of the universe are coming into the light of your eyes. The king is bathed in a soft glow that you take a millisecond to realize you are emitting. All the minds of the castle staff are within your reach. From thin air, you could craft a blade to rend the world in twain.

"Forbidden knowledge of magic, obviously - the best kind. Shame he didn't seem to retain much of it. The enchanter was a bit mean on that point, I think, considering the man's splendid work. Oh, before I forget, you'd best give the amulet back soonish. I'd like to hear that story of the Artiste."

Think of a mystery, any mystery. It shall unravel before your very eyes. The skies shall open and the darkest depths will sing to you.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10371 on: February 14, 2015, 05:20:10 pm »

((...details please?))
((The Demon of Greed wanted Samuel (later, the great and almighty Samucane, a living cane-focus) made him put the amulet in the King's neck in exchange of knowledge, but he rolled a 2 in "knowledge absorption" and thus all was pointless.

Also, this whole revolution thing made Sigmund get kicked out of his counselor job))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10372 on: February 14, 2015, 05:27:27 pm »

EhehehehahehahaHAHAHAHAHAHEHHEHAHEAHAHAHA

Niklas asserts control over his megalomaniac thinking and contemplates the potential.

Think of magic. All magic, from the power the gods wield to the slightest cantrip performed by a street fool to the great workings of the Black Circle to whatever it was the Artiste did - all of it, every last bit.
Oh, and the art of cooking. Can't forget what's important.

"The Artiste? Oh right, him."

Also inform king guy of all the Artiste did that I know of, with all the bias that implies.
((Huh, can you point me to around the page number? I'd like to take advantage of this.))
Sig! Onol

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10373 on: February 14, 2015, 05:30:33 pm »

Scott will delve into his inner self... and then violently shatter his own mental plane-scape and pick up the pieces looking for the missing one.
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10374 on: February 14, 2015, 05:34:18 pm »

((Huh, can you point me to around the page number? I'd like to take advantage of this.))
((Number? Samuel was one of the original characters, so he starts with the game itself))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10375 on: February 14, 2015, 06:00:41 pm »

((No, the page number of that specific scenario.))
Sig! Onol

Nunzillor

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10377 on: February 14, 2015, 06:16:19 pm »

((Oh I see, he's the Demon of Greed.))
Sig! Onol

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10378 on: February 14, 2015, 07:50:11 pm »

[...This king makes me uncomfortable for vaguely understood reasons. And now I know why.]

"Hmm?" The apostle of the tea leaf wondered audibly as he looked to around. But... There was nothing? It was certainly a most strange sight.

"Well, I believe it is quite ascertainable that we are being led somewhere. Most peculiar, is it perhaps by the strange pinkness, or perhaps something else?" Morton mused to himself, still keeping himself in a jolly and calm mood despite the chaos around them. It certainly made taking in the oddities rather easier, if slightly dissonant to the situation.

"Suppose we should see what they want? Would be rude to keep them waiting."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10379 on: February 14, 2015, 10:31:19 pm »

Mark was more then a little pissed off at this new turn of events, with renewed hate towards magic he turned to the others and asked for ideas
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 690 691 [692] 693 694 ... 719