Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 696 697 [698] 699 700 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542768 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #10455 on: March 07, 2015, 02:41:45 am »

((Say Harry, wouldn't Sigmund have changed his archetype by now, or is he a badger vampire?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10456 on: March 07, 2015, 03:45:22 am »

((Say Harry, wouldn't Sigmund have changed his archetype by now, or is he a badger vampire?))

Vampirism is a property of the soul rather than of the body. It can be spread via the body, though.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10457 on: March 07, 2015, 03:58:05 am »

Interesting!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10458 on: March 07, 2015, 08:45:37 am »

So, that was it? Just a disruption in the laws of the universe? This pink magic is basically magic, but taken to unstable and dangerous extremes. And, given the tendency of the universe to assert itself when weak attempts of magic try to alter it, maybe the solution to all this would be to weaken the distortion itself, and let the universe take care of the rest. Anyway, one the first measures that should be taken would be coming up with a way to stabilize his surroundings in case the pink attacks him again. And Sigmund may have an idea about that.

First, lower my phylactery and leave it against the ground, for good measure.

Then:

Find another peeble. Insert a clause in the "No magic" knot so that, in a fashion that seems respectful to the desire of the universe to not be altered, the peeble would attempt to prevent further distortion of the rules in its vecinity. Its radius of action should not be too big, to allow Sigmund to move it away in case he tries to do more magic.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10459 on: March 07, 2015, 01:59:34 pm »

[That probably explains the whole soul marble thing. Also hahaha, I was worried about getting across myself but then Morton just sort of floats over.]

Floating down to the wooden platform where Wilma is, one of his strange arms extending to her. "Here, good mage Wilma, perhaps I can help you across. I've never tried to carry someone while floating before, but perhaps I can help. No friends left behind, no? Although I question our destination... I saw from above this alleyway goes for quite the distances, perhaps a mile maybe? Most strange."

Offer Wilma help to get across, set her on top of surface. Try to float straight up first, to test weight, then if possible float across. If not, try to float with the assistance of the arms to push self across.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10460 on: March 08, 2015, 08:06:55 am »

"Oh. Well. I guess I should... Go back the way those came, in case there's any more. Goodbye, thank you for your help."
Head East, I guess. Also, take the axe.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10461 on: March 09, 2015, 01:29:48 am »

"That's... That's jacked up."

Darren halts for a moment in thought. If that's what happened after death, then he really couldn't erase them like that. Or even try. Even if they were all insane and long dead... He was too, in a way. Nothing made him better than them.

"Go ahead and do your thing.

Head to the surface. Be eaten.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10462 on: March 10, 2015, 05:37:15 am »

Keep platforming to danger freedom
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10463 on: March 10, 2015, 12:24:39 pm »

At the site of possibly horrid cultish mischief...

Scott abandons this fruitless investigation and turns his attention to more interesting pursuits, such as finding out where Eckledun might be. After giving his sheetlike shape a good spin and emitting a loud beep, Scott realizes he has no idea what he's doing, and considers the alternatives. He could dive down into the ground and try to follow the groundwater to lowlands, or maybe examine the direction the moss grows on a tree. Maybe he could try and justify having a sense of smell so he could discover where the cultists of this place might have gone.

Or maybe, just maybe, you know, he could set fire to this bloody forest. When the smoke clears, it's bound to be easier to navigate. Plus it'll be really fun, and this place looks like it's due a slight pyrokinetic remodeling. Have to ensure the succession of the undergrowth and all that.

Outside the ruins of Eckledun...

Sigmund, fearing shenanigans, puts his phylactery down and tries to enchant a random pebble to help him in his journeys. Bequeathing it with a sphere of influence, thus far undefined in precise function, he tries to empower its ability to prevent any and all fun in the area. Pouring his will into it, he makes it so!

[Will roll: 1]

Sigmund's badger form screams loudly as his soul, rather inappropriately amusingly distributed among several separate bits of flesh, is reprimanded for its poor behavior and pulled out of his body. It hurts rather badly, it should be said, and it's working almost incredibly well!

[Will roll: 4-1]

Sigmund's badger form convulses and shakes as the recently-enchanted pebble continues its attempts to rip out his soul from its bodies and put it into the likeliest receptacle in the area. Whichever one that is, it's clearly not the badger one. He starts to regret making its radius of action as large as he did.

In an alleyway in Eckledun...

Morton decides to give Wilma a demonic hand.

"Here, good mage Wilma, perhaps I can help you across. I've never tried to carry someone while floating before, but perhaps I can help. No friends left behind, no? Although I question our destination... I saw from above this alleyway goes for quite the distances, perhaps a mile maybe? Most strange," he floats over the pond to the place he came from, offering his surface for Wilma to lay upon.

"I'm not so sure about going back, though. It's dangerous out there," she states with unclear amounts of obliviousness, making herself comfortable atop the desk. Morton attempts to ascend, only to phase through Wilma entirely, floating upward unassisted, his shape flowing liquidly around her as he attempts to gain height. Wilma, losing composure at the loss of her seat, falls on her back immediately.

She is, however, amenable to a second try, this time with Morton's hand power assistance - this works out exactly like before, with Morton becoming selectively intangible upon encountering strong resistance. How strange.

"Okay, enough. I'll jump now," says Wilma, her two short spells on the ground giving her newfound courage. She prepares for another go at it, and takes off at a run.

[Wilma's agility roll: 5]

This time, though, she manages to actually make the leap, landing dead-center on one of the lily pads and clearing the entirety of the pond, landing softly and gracefully on the other side right next to the quietly waiting Mark. Standing up demonstratively, Wilma turns around to look at Morton, abject terror in her eyes. She exhales and shivers.

"I... can't believe that worked," she says. "I thought for sure I'd fall in. Negative thinking, I know."

Rejoining his pals on the other end, Morton notes that the alley seems to be ahead. As it appeared from the other end, the alley does indeed go on and on. How far, though, that is altogether more difficult to say.

Outside the Montark house...

Kevin guesses there's no use pestering Edgar much more.

"Oh. Well. I guess I should... go back the way those came, in case there's any more. Goodbye, thank you for your help."

"You're, uh, welcome, goodbye," says the man, and quietly shuts the door. Walking away, Kevin grabs the axe that the guy left. Living here, he sees no reason why the man'd need it more than he does. There's probably not even any bears to chop into bits around here.

With an axe stolen, he moves eastward, along the road that the bridge once seemed to be a part of. His path takes him past many farmhouses and quite a few curious onlookers, until eventually he gets into the woods proper. The road continues, though it's mostly a dirt path, and shows no real signs of leading anywhere in particular. This may be a long walk Kevin's got ahead of him.

In the chamber of the Crown of Flowers...

"That's... That's jacked up," Darren observes upon having the mysteries of death related to him. Feeling defeated, he seems to give in at last.

"Go ahead and do your thing," says he, and heads upwards, not waiting to listen to the ghost's reply. Screw this quest, it's probably not worth it. Ignoring a great many seemingly difficult obstacles, it is in a matter of hours that Darren is on the surface, in the plains he found himself in right as he showed up in this damn place. It's nighttime now, and the stars are clearly visible. Looking up, Darren seeks the eyes of an angry god about to smite him, but sees nothing.

The night is silent on the plains, aside from the brief chirping of a cricket in the grass that cuts off abruptly, leaving only the acute sensation of complete solitude.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 07:57:19 am by Harry Baldman »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10464 on: March 10, 2015, 12:32:57 pm »

Dammit! The idea was to make it prevent further alterations, not to reverse them!

Move or throw the peeble away, then return to my phylactery.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10465 on: March 10, 2015, 02:06:16 pm »

"Great. As if I haven't been in enough suspicious forests for an afterlifetime."
Follow the road, it's got to lead somewhere eventually. Going back certainly isn't an option.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10466 on: March 10, 2015, 02:37:01 pm »

[You know what Harry?...You have given me an Idea. :P]

Scott will soar above the forest looking for the city.
But just in case he will select a single tree, away from the others, to become a signal fire.
I mean, why travel when others can come to you?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 05:05:52 pm by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10467 on: March 11, 2015, 04:53:10 am »

Mark heads down the path hoping to find the cause of all this. he Beacons the others to follow

(I'm supriced Wilma hasnt asked the desk why I dont talk though it may be because she prizes her sanity.)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10468 on: March 11, 2015, 02:04:15 pm »

Mark heads down the path hoping to find the cause of all this. he Beacons the others to follow

(I'm supriced Wilma hasnt asked the desk why I dont talk though it may be because she prizes her sanity.)
[[That useless rubbish? Nothing to be prized, it's a bothersome restriction. :P]]
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #10469 on: March 11, 2015, 05:24:25 pm »

"I would of come to your assistance, good mage Wilma, never fear. While my body may be oddly ethereal, my arms are quite solid. ...I believe." The desk wasn't entirely certain, now quite mystified about what might of possibly happened to his body. Was it perhaps when he drew himself back together? That strange roil of material before he resettled himself? Most strange.

"Either way, nothing else to do but head onward!"

Morton: Likes optimism, peace, and long walks down dark alleys with his friends.
Pages: 1 ... 696 697 [698] 699 700 ... 719