Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 701 702 [703] 704 705 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 540921 times)

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 6: Enjoying the Gub Life?
« Reply #10530 on: April 22, 2015, 02:26:10 pm »

Sir...Ma'am? IT? Pink is not enough description to answer my question. Unless your name for yourself/ves is pink and by submerging myself I would become you, thus 'PINK!'
In either case, I am not satisfied. However it is clear for your responses and mannerisms that you are not sentient enough to give an intelligent answer. So beast, If you want me, you will have to work for it.

BAR-B-Q PINK!
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10531 on: April 22, 2015, 02:39:54 pm »

Turn away, search for another town. If I happen to find a human skeleton/dead guy on the way there, stop. Sigmund at least needs hands.
Wait, don't leave yet! The brick is sentient right? Your phylactery can possess sentient things, right? Suddenly, the option of being a scientist vampire lich pink/stone mage becomes possible! If you don't want to risk it, at least take the brick with you. You might never get the opportunity to get a possibly omnipotent brick again!
1) I'm not near the brick
2) It's neither sentient nor non-sentient. It is weird, incomprehensible pink stuff.
3) My phylactery is just a stone jar with my innards. It is floating because of a magic focus I made. I need my dead tree-focus to possess stuff.
4) Pink magic is likely to get you killed. Maybe also hilarious, but I won't risk it.

That makes me remember:

Make my phylactery always follow me unless stated
Oh. Can you get close enough to retrieve it without being affected by the pink? You might be able to turn it into a focus, which could be used to rescue your friends and might be able to provide safe passage through (and possible control of) the pink.
BAR-B-Q PINK!
You want to do an action that might cause an eldritch abomination that is literally unraveling the world (in an area) to dislike you? Baaaad idea. Then again, it might like being roasted.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 02:48:26 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10532 on: April 22, 2015, 07:16:25 pm »

Oh. Can you get close enough to retrieve it without being affected by the pink? You might be able to turn it into a focus, which could be used to rescue your friends and might be able to provide safe passage through (and possible control of) the pink.

Pink is dangerous and likely to get me killed. Also, making a pink focus goes against the definition of what a focus is: it is an element whose underlying rules have been altered to allow reality to be altered at will. You can't make a focus out of the lack of rules. In fact, pinkness is created every time the focus creation goes wrong.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10533 on: April 22, 2015, 10:56:39 pm »

You can't make a focus out of the lack of rules.
Maybe no one's been crazy enough to try. I mean, you never know with the pink. It doesn't follow your puny mortal logic. Plus, even if you don't use it as a focus, there's nothing quite like a possibly omnipotent brick as a backup weapon in a pinch. What I'm trying to say is, the brick is interesting, and as a PC, your job is to investigate/take interesting things.

Speaking of bricks, I was actually going to make a character called Jimmy the Magic Brick (not in this game, of course) eventually before I saw this. Now the randomness factor has been kind of dampened.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 11:03:08 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10534 on: April 22, 2015, 11:45:20 pm »

Timothy hangs off the lady-ghost's every word, his incorporeal form listing slowly to the left as the conversation goes on.
He murmurs the occasional encouraging phrase such as "Yer," or "Dat's real 'pressive!" as she tells her story, then puffs out his misshapen, cloudy chest as she asks his name.
"I is Tim! I be goin' off to, uh, map de uhh, anner-, anmer-, anno... da weird-pink-thing!"
He nods his head enthusiastically, hoping that will make up for his lack of actual knowledge on the subject.
"Gon' be a adventure! It's real 'portant. What's youse name?"

Introduce myself and explain my mission!
Then ask this wonderful waiflike wraith for her name.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #10535 on: April 22, 2015, 11:49:37 pm »

Pink is dangerous and likely to get me killed. Also, making a pink focus goes against the definition of what a focus is: it is an element whose underlying rules have been altered to allow reality to be altered at will. You can't make a focus out of the lack of rules. In fact, pinkness is created every time the focus creation goes wrong.
((Well actually there was that guy who turned into Pink at one point.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10536 on: April 23, 2015, 09:27:01 am »

((Well actually there was that guy who turned into Pink at one point.))
I think his name was Luke.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 06:43:55 pm by ATHATH »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10537 on: April 23, 2015, 09:59:20 am »

I've been down below, and I almost got eaten to spiders, and we all know what happened to the dude that tried to go to heaven. Not feeling like wandering into a forest, either.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10538 on: April 23, 2015, 11:39:51 am »

Outside the ruins of Eckledun...

Sigmund, faced with violent illogic of the highest caliber, decides not to bother with this awful town and its no doubt awful violations of everything he has assumed of the world he dwells in. No, what he'll do is find someplace nicer. That's not much to ask, is it? Someplace nicer than this? Turning around and continually moving his phylactery to follow along, he trots off into the sunset. A good choice in all likelihood - with his luck, he would have probably lost his direction at the first intersection and then gotten flayed by a mote of dust that had taken offense at his style of walk. Nope, not going to happen any time soon!

Fortunately, he is not flayed by a mote of dust that had taken offense at his walk just then, but that is not to say his little trot is uneventful - why, he comes across something interesting in a matter of twenty or so minutes - it's rather clearly a tower, and seems to have a distinctly bony look. From a distance, it looks like it might be made of skulls that have been bolted together - closer examination, however, suggests that they merely appear to have been melted into a semblance of a wall instead. The tower's not very tall, about the size of a two story house right now, albeit it seems to be growing at a slow yet steady pace. Atop it, Sigmund notices, is a floaty-haired man garbed in black, screaming his lungs out, his eyes completely shut and arms outstretched. He sounds like he is in horrible agony.

In the home of Karina...

Darren, after thinking about it a few moments more, floats off quickly, trying not to think of whether Karina actually twitched her hand feebly in his direction as he was turning his back. Fortunately, his concerns are put out of his mind almost immediately as the spirit of glorious fleeing overtakes him, and takes him over to the hatch in the scavenger girl's shop, blissfully back on non-spider-infested surface once more.

Now then, he's sort of at a loss on what would be the logical thing to do next. Probably stay inside during stormy weather so he doesn't get hit by god-lightning. Maybe go and find somebody to bother with magic tricks? Ask somebody where he is? See if he can get into low orbit, mayhap?

In an alleyway in Eckledun...

While Morton and Wilma continue to consider their impending doom Mark falters not. This whole business seems like a problem he could easily solve if he had ill-explained reality-altering powers that are meant to easily solve problems insurmountable to regular people. But for those he needs a focus, and also a wizard to bite him, and an incubation period of a couple of days.

Can he wait a couple of days? The creaking of the alleyway suggests not, even if he could convince Wilma to bite him in a particularly infection-prone part of the body.

In the woods somewhere...

Kevin, satisfied with his reality-warping artifact of glory, bids Patty a respectful farewell.

"Well, I guess some people that could be called friends are back there. I guess I should go and find them. Thanks for giving me this. And good luck, wherever you are going."

"Oh, no need for luck!" Patty laughs, and her horse chuckles deeply along with her. "I am older and I am wiser, just as I bid the Mantra to make me all those weeks ago... heh! I wish you the most splendid luck with it, friend!" she then adds, clambering atop the horse and riding off into the distance. What a strange old woman. But at least the Mantra appears to work. Hang on, better check right quick. Looking at the Mantra, Kevin thinks of his next need - a sword, obviously. All heroes require a sword. Not a large sword, of course. A small one, agile, good for a firm stabbing or two. Gazing upon the swimming words, Kevin chants the words once more, feeling them resolve more clearly in his mind than before, their meaning and their inexorable will forcing itself upon reality as the words pour from his mouth.

Sometime before he snaps out of his reverie, he feels a blade in his hand - a little like an overly large dagger, practically weightless, and seemingly quite extraordinarily sharp. And also rather transparent, too, which is a little unusual. In addition, he appears to have manifested another layer of clothes during the chanting, which is also a little strange.

Above a pool of exquisite pink...

The Pink, it seems, has not convinced mighty Scott.

"Sir...Ma'am? IT? Pink is not enough description to answer my question. Unless your name for yourself/ves is pink and by submerging myself I would become you, thus 'PINK!'"

The Pink, perhaps sensing the rhetorical nature of Scott's pause, declines to respond.

"In either case, I am not satisfied. However it is clear for your responses and mannerisms that you are not sentient enough to give an intelligent answer. So beast, If you want me, you will have to work for it."

[Firestarting roll: 5]
[Pink roll: 4]

The pond catches fire, the pink burning with an appropriately pink flame producing pink fumes. It does not make any additional movements. "Submerge!" it mentions quite out of the blue. "Result is unknown. Kzzat!"

Doesn't seem to be terribly impressed about being on fire. Drat. Though it does look nice now, with the flames as animate and strange as mad little crackling spirits, each possessing more than a trace of emotion in its movements.

In Harlan's House of Hilarity and Harlotry...

Timothy, afforded a chance to introduce himself, finally feels like he's getting somewhere.

"I is Tim! I be goin' off to, uh, map de uhh, anner-, anmer-, anno... da weird-pink-thing!" he states proudly and with great enthusiasm.

"The weird pink thing!" the ghostly woman echoes with joy. "They don't talk 'bout it in here. I was a-wonderin' about it the other day, but the serious magic man said that was all for later-like. He had this serious face he makes, and his bushy whiskers were quiverin', I tells you."

"Gon' be a adventure! It's real 'portant. What's youse name?"

"Julep!" the woman declares. "Is 'cause I'm sweet and maybe medicinal, see?" she giggles as her gaze wanders over Timothy for an idle moment. "Say! You's got three legs, you do. Or izzat just me again?"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10539 on: April 23, 2015, 11:44:39 am »

Metaphysical check! Is it magic? Is something else causing it to grow? Keep a safe distance from the thing. Carefulll observe the man in black to see if he is trying to do something, or just suffering.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10540 on: April 23, 2015, 11:55:37 am »

((I knew there was a catch. "i wished for the mantra to make me older and wiser weeks ago", and she's an old woman that gave the mantra to somebody else... :P))
"Uh-huh. Well."
Continue along the road the way I was going.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10541 on: April 23, 2015, 12:01:08 pm »

Metaphysical check! Is it magic? Is something else causing it to grow? Keep a safe distance from the thing. Carefulll observe the man in black to see if he is trying to do something, or just suffering.

The pillar's magic! Huh! Not a growing kind of magic, though. More of a calling kind of magic, or perhaps a note. It's got a peculiar signature and a statement of its coordinates in some unknown system attached on top of the system of coordinates that any separate object has at any given time but which doesn't appear to have been considered by whoever enchanted this thing.

The man in black, for his part, appears to be making the thing grow with a focus kept... somewhere inside him. Ugh. It seems to relate to matter creation in some way, but it's a little far to tell exactly. It is currently being used.

Without metaphysical vision, the man in black looks to still be in pain. Whether that's because of the magic or just a general sort of anguish remains to be seen. The man's throat is enviable, though. He's been screaming for at least ten straight minutes and shows no real sign of stopping.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10542 on: April 23, 2015, 12:18:10 pm »

It must be some kind of mage using one of his own bones as a focus to either summon or transmute more bones into existence, so that the tower may be extended further into the sky. The mage clearly suffers from some kind of megalomania, or is attempting to show his power. One way or another, this should be a nice opportunity for Sigmund to learn something, and he is going to use the distraction probably created by either magic concentration or agony to come close.

Circle the tower from inside the forest until Simgund is at the oposite side the man is facing. Leaving his phylactery at a reasonable distance inside the forest (oen that would not break my soul link), Simgund will come near the tower to better examine the workings of the mage. If the mage seems aware of my existence in a manner that would show that Sigmund is something more than a simple honey badger, just go away, wihtout much of a fuss.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10543 on: April 23, 2015, 04:45:34 pm »

Following is OOC.
BAR-B-Q PINK!
You want to do an action that might cause an eldritch abomination that is literally unraveling the world (in an area) to dislike you? Baaaad idea. Then again, it might like being roasted.
1. Roleplaying.
2. Take that, wuss. :P

Following is IC.

Scott theorises.
That is not the voice that previously came from the creature, was it an observer or a puppet master? Maybe even a costumed organisation? Have the wizards banded up into a huge false flag operation for some unknown profit potential? Hrmmm.

In any case, it is inadvisable for Scott to investigate at this situation. For it is dangerous, and the status of his fellows is still pending.
----
SEARCH!!
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10544 on: April 23, 2015, 06:54:41 pm »

@Kevin: Use the mantra to enable you to cast magic with the mantra without repeating previous spells!

@Tomcost: You might want to take note of the coordinates that the mage is summoning the skulls from. I have a hunch it might be that planet that Samuskull made. Who knows, maybe you'll be able to go there, find the remains of Samuskull, and restore him to his former glory (or you could just use him as a focus)!
Pages: 1 ... 701 702 [703] 704 705 ... 719