Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many plot/quest hooks do you think you have all collectively missed?

1-3
- 0 (0%)
4-6
- 0 (0%)
7-8
- 4 (33.3%)
9-10
- 8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 43

Author Topic: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 54 IS UP*  (Read 50338 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 5 IS UP*
« Reply #135 on: October 28, 2012, 10:45:13 pm »

Wonder why someone was walking around with a ring that breaks fingers. Attempt to craft a workable magnetic harquebus out of scraps.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 10:48:10 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 28, 2012, 10:47:11 pm »

Wonder why someone was walking around with a ring that breaks fingers.
It's a curse, meant to keep people from stealing the ring.
In retrospect, it would have been better to attach a flame spell...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 28, 2012, 10:47:44 pm »

Perhaps...

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #138 on: October 28, 2012, 10:51:05 pm »

Arms.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 28, 2012, 11:06:12 pm »

Get two eyes and some bones from another corpse. Look around to see if anything's moving.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 29, 2012, 01:42:30 am »

Realize health system is pointless and stupid at the moment. Reset all injuries on TURN 6. Shamelessly steal health system from Roll to Roll to Dodge. Paste it in OP. Also, pay more attention to traits... [6] Urist McBeanie does all these things...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 01:48:42 am by Urist McBeanie »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 29, 2012, 09:48:18 pm »

Falvich shall loot! LOOT! LOOT THE GLORIOUS CORPSES OF FALLEN FRIENDS AND FOES!

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TURN 6

Juba Freedmen
Put on the coif, Continue my search for any weapons, armor, shields, food and valuables I come across on the way from the battlefield. The equipment must be undamaged quality or better, place it all within my sack. Make sure the short sword is on my right hip and the longsword slung across my back.

(( I wish I'd  taken a +1 to scavenging lol but hey I have a map at least which gives me an advantage over everybody else :). ))
Juba straps on the maille coif and continues his trek through the battlefield. Quickly sheathing his sword at his right hip and slinging his longsword across his back. [3] Through his trek, Juba finds an undamaged glove, he quickly pulls it onto his right hand and continues. He should reach the edge of the battlefield next turn.

Gweg Kenson
Approach crouching figure, sword drawn.
[4 vs. 2] Gweg manages to sneak closer to the crouching figure staying out of sight. He [2 vs. 1] loudly pulls his sword from his back, but the figure seems not to notice by some stroke of luck.

Derm
Wonder why someone was walking around with a ring that breaks fingers. Attempt to craft a workable magnetic harquebus out of scraps.
[5] Derm ponders why someone would have a ring that breaks fingers. He decides it was either to keep it from being stolen, but then why would it continue to constrict around his finger? Perhaps it is to keep it on someone. Derm is still confused but goes about attempting to create a Magnetic Harquebus. [5] Derm uses [1d3 = 3, 1d1 = 1] all of his metal and succeeds in creating the weapon.

Atla
Arms.
[4] Finally, after all this time Atla succeeds in creating a pair of arms for his golem. He brings the two arms over to attach them [1] and smashes them [5] but he quickly mends the damage and finally [4] has an entire, functional golem, ready to obey his command. ((I added the extra roll after you smashed the arms, because well, I'm tired of writing turns about you trying to create a golem))

Groz Talvor
Get two eyes and some bones from another corpse. Look around to see if anything's moving.
Groz, continuing his collection of various body parts attempts to pluck out two eyes from the corpse of a nearby man. [1] But he squeezes a little too hard and the two eyeballs explode in a watery mess. Frustrated, [5] he strips all the meat off the corpses and collects [6] a skull and 7 other assorted bones.

Falvich
Falvich shall loot! LOOT! LOOT THE GLORIOUS CORPSES OF FALLEN FRIENDS AND FOES!
[2] Falvich searches a few nearby corpses and finds only a [half eaten apple+1] an apple. He searches another few corpses and finds [6+1] a beautifully crafted chainmail hauberk and [6+1] enthusiastically pulls the excellent coif from the corpse as well, finally, he strips off the maille gloves and chausses.[5+1] Suddenly, you hear a thundering to your left... something heavy is approaching.

By the way, check my previous post above if you haven't already seen it.

Character List
Spoiler: Falvich (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 10:49:19 pm by Urist McBeanie »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 6 IS UP*
« Reply #143 on: October 29, 2012, 10:44:37 pm »

Search the area all around me for more equipment or anything else of use.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 29, 2012, 10:46:33 pm »

"Hello there. Who are you and what are you doing?"
Chase figure if he runs, counterstrike if he attacks. Otherwise, chat.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 29, 2012, 10:47:52 pm »

Walk further from the fog, climb a tree, and attempt to see where I am/anything of note.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2012, 10:48:08 pm »

Wear that unidentified amulet and hood while getting two eyes and another skin. Then look around to see if anyone's there; people usually don't like it when Groz harvests corpses.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #147 on: October 29, 2012, 11:49:21 pm »

((Yeah, me too.))

Find a weapon for the golem and order him to help you do so.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 30, 2012, 12:06:43 am »

Falvich will slip into his newly acquired gear, and try and crouch somewhere out of sight, and observe what's coming.

Sorry, last post for me tonight, it's 11:06 PM. Night!

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TURN 7

Juba Freedmen
Search the area all around me for more equipment or anything else of use.
Juba stops and begins searching for more equipment [3] He finds another glove which he pulls onto his other hand. Then as he treks on, the fog dissipates, and Juba finds himself in a large meadow, devoid of corpses.

Gweg Kenson
"Hello there. Who are you and what are you doing?"
Chase figure if he runs, counterstrike if he attacks. Otherwise, chat.
Gweg calls out to the crouching figure...

Derm
Walk further from the fog, climb a tree, and attempt to see where I am/anything of note.
Derms pulls further away from the fog and [5] quickly scales a tree. [3] Scanning his surrounding he spots a small meadow, but can't see anything else over the taller trees.

Groz Talvor
Wear that unidentified amulet and hood while getting two eyes and another skin. Then look around to see if anyone's there; people usually don't like it when Groz harvests corpses.
Groz takes the amulet and pulls it around his neck and nothing happens, it seems to just be an ordinary silver amulet. He pulls up the hood and searches for another corpse to take eyes and skin from. He finds one nearby and [4] quickly plucks out its eyes [6] and somehow ends up getting two times the skin from one corpse. He glances around [1] and spots something or someone nearby, it appears to be approaching, with a slight limp, sword in hand.

Atla
((Yeah, me too.))

Find a weapon for the golem and order him to help you do so.
Atla searches for a weapon to equip his golem and orders it to do the same. [4] [4] You each succeed in finding an iron club. Which the golem takes, one in each hand.

Falvich
Falvich will slip into his newly acquired gear, and try and crouch somewhere out of sight, and observe what's coming.

Sorry, last post for me tonight, it's 11:06 PM. Night!
Falvich quickly slips into his gear and [3] crouches behind a corpse, [4] he glances at the approaching humanoid who calls out, "Hello there. Who are you and what are you doing?" The humanoid stops, but... the thundering continues...

You all feel that staying in the battlefield for much longer might be a bad idea...

Character List
Spoiler: Falvich (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla's Golem (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 12:39:22 am by Urist McBeanie »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 43