Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many plot/quest hooks do you think you have all collectively missed?

1-3
- 0 (0%)
4-6
- 0 (0%)
7-8
- 4 (33.3%)
9-10
- 8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 43

Author Topic: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 54 IS UP*  (Read 50343 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 12 IS UP*
« Reply #210 on: November 02, 2012, 04:42:12 pm »

Head towards the camp, be quiet and avoid being spotted, toss the sock away and keep an eye out for anything of value.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 12 IS UP*
« Reply #211 on: November 02, 2012, 08:13:26 pm »

Count the soldiers quickly. If there are three or less, order your iron golem to join the battle and crush the skull of the soldier who is distracted by my flesh golem, then stand and get within a comfortable range before lobbing my spear at the next nearest soldier and attacking him with my halberd. If there are more than three, slip away quietly with my iron golem in tow while the flesh golem holds them off.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TURN 13

Falvich
Falvich will continue to run out of here. And...He...Well, let's...I...He'll loot something on the way, -1 modifier be damned.
[4] Falvich continues to hurry through the battlefield [2+1] snatching up an empty pack before bursting out into a forest.

Derm
Put my foot where my hand is now and leap upwards toward it.
Derm [3] takes his foot up to his hand and leaps up [1] Derm flails around reaching for the handhold but misses and begins hurtling towards the ground [5] he quickly reaches out and grabs one of the handholds and by some miracle only strains his arm.

Gweg Kenson
I have no armor, am outnumbered, and have no motivation past survival to fight...

Escape. I'm taller than these guys, right?
[1] Gweg stumbles and falls to the ground. The nearest warrior steps forward and stabs down at his chest [4 vs. 4] [6+?=? vs. 4] The blade pierces through Gweg's chest. The warrior withdraws his blade and as Gweg's vision begins to darken at the edges it seems that they depart.

Groz Talvor
Is it an enchantment that will cause harm to me? If yes, don't put the ring on. If not, wear it.
Stand up and inquire as to who these people are.

The rings seems safe so Groz puts it onto his right ring finger. He feels... something. [6] Groz gets to his feet and asks the nearest person, "Who are you?" they respond and tell him, "You just appeared out of nowhere in the market. I think the question we should be asking is who are you?"

Juba Freedmen
Head towards the camp, be quiet and avoid being spotted, toss the sock away and keep an eye out for anything of value.
Juba tosses the sock away and sneaks toward the camp, trying to stay out of sight [4 vs. 4] he reaches the edge of the first hut without being spotted. [6] A chalice sits in the middle of the camp beside a fire.

Atla
Count the soldiers quickly. If there are three or less, order your iron golem to join the battle and crush the skull of the soldier who is distracted by my flesh golem, then stand and get within a comfortable range before lobbing my spear at the next nearest soldier and attacking him with my halberd. If there are more than three, slip away quietly with my iron golem in tow while the flesh golem holds them off.
[1] Due to Atla's angle from the ground and the chaos of the flesh golem in combat with the soldiers, Atla cannot keep track of how many there are. [4 vs. 1] Atla does manage to stay hidden though. His flesh golem leaps forward to attack the nearest soldier once more [5 vs. 4-2=2] the hit connects with the soldier [3 vs. 3+?=?] but does no damage. The soldier lunges forward with surprising speed [4 vs. 1] [6+?=? vs. 3] and impales the golem through the chest with his greatsword. The golem falls apart on the ground in front of him.

A Bunch of Heavily Armored Soldiers
Quote from: Heavily Armored Soldier
Slaughter the survivors!

Character List
Spoiler: Falvich (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla's Golem (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 12:00:14 am by Urist McBeanie »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 13 IS UP*
« Reply #213 on: November 02, 2012, 08:56:17 pm »

Falvich, presumably clear o' this blasted battleground, will strike to the south; - Ye'll always find a village or sometin' to the south, people like the warm winds. As such, he'll try and find one such village, or more preferably, a town.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 02, 2012, 09:07:21 pm »

Fake death.
Make sure it stays fake.

Use luck magic thingy?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 02, 2012, 09:33:08 pm »

It'll definitely trigger if you roll a 6 seeing as you are in an incredibly dangerous situation.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 02, 2012, 09:44:01 pm »

Onwards and upwards!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 02, 2012, 10:15:41 pm »

Groz will reply, "Why I'm me of course! No harm to you, and you are you of course! Merchants or something. Where am I, incidentally? Also preferred would be a short description of the land's history and any recent troubles and who I'd talk to about that. That's what nonadventurers do, right?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #218 on: November 03, 2012, 12:08:45 am »

((What a waste. I didn't want to stick around and watch the flesh gol' get wasted, I wanted to get out of there! I should've added a provision in case my spot check failed.))
Summon another flesh golem near the soldiers as a distraction and bail quietly with my iron golem.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 03, 2012, 02:01:39 am »

The reason I didn't have you go ahead and run was because you basically failed both actions, thus it would have been very risky to try bee-lining it out of there.
I'll probably have the turn up in several hours, unless mesor hasn't posted his turn yet.

Alright, I have to go, I'll be back in 4-6 hours.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 04:53:50 pm by Urist McBeanie »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 03, 2012, 04:57:25 pm »

Check the huts and remain hidden, keep my hands near my weapons.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 04, 2012, 12:11:06 am »

TURN 14

Falvich
Falvich, presumably clear o' this blasted battleground, will strike to the south; - Ye'll always find a village or sometin' to the south, people like the warm winds. As such, he'll try and find one such village, or more preferably, a town.
Falvich heads south for a little bit and [2] fails to find any settlements within 100 yards.

Gweg Kenson
Fake death.
Make sure it stays fake.

Use luck magic thingy?
[6] Gweg fakes death so hard, that something SO THOROUGHLY CONVINCED HE WAS DEAD decides to take pity on him and patches up his chest wound. Gweg is no longer bleeding, though he will have to wait for the wound to completely heal.  ((That was EXTREMELY lucky, rolling anything beside a 5 or 6 would have killed you. A 5 would have only delayed your inevitable death by another turn))

Derm
Onwards and upwards!
[4] Derm continues up the wall being careful to avoid using his left arm. He should reach the top next turn.

Groz Talvor
Groz will reply, "Why I'm me of course! No harm to you, and you are you of course! Merchants or something. Where am I, incidentally? Also preferred would be a short description of the land's history and any recent troubles and who I'd talk to about that. That's what nonadventurers do, right?
Groz begins speaking with the man when suddenly [1] his eyes go down to the ground next to Groz and he exclaims, "Is that blood coming out of your robe?"

Atla
((What a waste. I didn't want to stick around and watch the flesh gol' get wasted, I wanted to get out of there! I should've added a provision in case my spot check failed.))
Summon another flesh golem near the soldiers as a distraction and bail quietly with my iron golem.
[4] Atla summons another golem and makes a break for it with his iron golem [1 vs. 4] the warriors fail to notice and engage the golem. Atla, suddenly bursts out of the fog, finding himself in the middle of a small camp.

Juba Freedmen
Check the huts and remain hidden, keep my hands near my weapons.
Juba steps into the nearest hut and looks around [3] he begins pocketing a few coins when he hears something growl behind him...

Character List
Spoiler: Falvich (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla's Golem (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 01:59:14 am by Urist McBeanie »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 14 IS UP*
« Reply #222 on: November 04, 2012, 12:16:23 am »

Look around the camp and see if anyone is lurking about. Loot everything immediately in sight if I can't see any people wandering about. Ready my spear for a good toss should the need arise.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 04, 2012, 12:33:52 am »

Well get to it then.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 04, 2012, 03:18:21 am »

Inspect self. If wounded, fix. If not, explain that it's just my insurance policy and repeat my query for information regarding location, brief description of recent troubles and who I'd talk to about that. Basically,
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 43