Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many plot/quest hooks do you think you have all collectively missed?

1-3
- 0 (0%)
4-6
- 0 (0%)
7-8
- 4 (33.3%)
9-10
- 8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 43

Author Topic: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 54 IS UP*  (Read 50169 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 16 IS UP*
« Reply #240 on: November 04, 2012, 08:50:22 pm »

To the right!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 04, 2012, 08:55:44 pm »

(( Rofl so basically I've got an enemy faster then me so I cant escape it, and so agile I'm never gonna land a blow. My only advantage is I'll do more damage if I hit it except given the odds of it getting a 1 are tiny I'll likely never actually manage to hit it and will probably just spend the next few turns swinging at the air until it finishes me off since my character won't retreat, and all this for rolling a 3 while exploring.))
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 08:57:26 pm by mesor »

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 04, 2012, 09:01:22 pm »

((Alright, it has a +2 bonus to dodge, you have a +3 bonus to hit, even if you tie you hit. Also, it didn't appear because of the 3, it was already there. But there was a "behind the scenes" dice roll to see if you noticed it, which you failed. I do some dice rolls to check if people notice some things which I don't want to put into text to make them suspect something.))

EDIT: ((Also, remember your magic mesor... see if you can use it to help))
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 09:05:31 pm by Urist McBeanie »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 04, 2012, 09:07:22 pm »

(( What the hell is it though a hell hound or something? This thing is damned fast, but more importantly, can it be tamed? It'll be such a waste of potential to kill it when I can watch it rip my enemies limb from limb. ))

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 04, 2012, 09:11:53 pm »

It is a hound of some sort, my visualization is something like this:

Spoiler: Hound (click to show/hide)
As for if you can tame it, you have to find that out through your actions.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 04, 2012, 09:13:04 pm »

(( Ok that thing is awesome and it is going to be mine even if I have to cut it's legs off and roll it down hill at my enemies. ))

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 04, 2012, 09:56:33 pm »

What did you expect? WALK THE ROAD!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #247 on: November 04, 2012, 10:24:44 pm »

Lob my spear at the closest soldier's throat, then come out swinging with my halberd before the others can react. Have my golem block the entrance and force the soldiers towards me by swinging at their skulls. See if I can't get another flesh golem up while I'm at it. If I manage to get a working flesh golem, instead of having him join the fight just yet, order him to kill and absorb the two remaining wounded soldiers into his mass.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 05, 2012, 10:26:26 am »

Groz quickly throws a veil over himself, preventing him from being seen. He looks in the direction of the clattering to see what it is, and hides if hostile.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 05, 2012, 01:29:19 pm »

TURN 17

Juba Freedmen
Keep attacking but use the pommel of my blades to incapacitate it without killing it.

(( Wtf how big a bonus does that thing have and how did it's teeth just go through my mail armor? ))
[6+3-1=8 vs. 2+2=4] [4+2-1=5 vs. 3] Juba bashes the pommel of his sword against the side of the hound's head. The hound seems stunned and falls to the ground, still breathing.

Gweg Kenson
Long, sharp teeth and/or magic.

Ahem.
Knock on the gate and ask to be let in.
[4] Gweg hammers on the door and calls to the guards in the gatehouse above to be let in. A man peers over the parapets, "Who goes there?"

Derm
To the right!
[5] Derm runs to the soldier and tower on the right. The guard spots him, and places his hand on his sword hilt, "Who are you and what are you doing here?!

Falvich
What did you expect? WALK THE ROAD!
Falvich heads down the road to the right, [5] soon after, he spots a gatehouse in the distance.

Atla
Lob my spear at the closest soldier's throat, then come out swinging with my halberd before the others can react. Have my golem block the entrance and force the soldiers towards me by swinging at their skulls. See if I can't get another flesh golem up while I'm at it. If I manage to get a working flesh golem, instead of having him join the fight just yet, order him to kill and absorb the two remaining wounded soldiers into his mass.
[6+1=7 vs. 4] [4+2=6 vs. 3] The spear stabs through the soldiers unarmored throat and he collapses with a gurgling cry. [2] Atla charges forward but one of the nearest soldiers attacks first with his sword. [5 vs. 6] But Atla jumps over the blade swinging his halberd as he does so. [5+1=6 vs. 1] [1+1+1=3 vs. 3+2=5] The blade clangs against the soldiers armor, knocking him over. Atla's golem ((You should give it a name)) steps behind the soldiers and swings for the nearest man, [1 vs. 2] but the man ducks the blow and stabs at the golems torso. [4 vs. 5] But the golem just steps out of the way.

Groz Talvor
Groz quickly throws a veil over himself, preventing him from being seen. He looks in the direction of the clattering to see what it is, and hides if hostile.
Groz [3] ducks into a nearby cloth stand, hiding among the various silks and linens. Moments later a group of 2 guards charge out into the square. [5 vs. 5] One of the guards begins moving toward the stall.

Character List
Spoiler: Falvich (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla's Golem (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 01:31:08 pm by Urist McBeanie »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 17 IS UP*
« Reply #250 on: November 05, 2012, 01:48:51 pm »

"Oh me? There was a thingy over yonder. Wossname? Quarrel? Brawl? Battle? Battle, yes, that sounds right. So, there was a battle over yonder, I woke up in the middle with broken bits and no idea where I am or what I was doing there. Decided, 'You know what would be a good idea? Fix me broken bits!' So I scavenged a little, made a splint and a... ah wot's the name... big thingy, has little booms in it... ah yes! Harquebus! Made myself a magnetic harquebus which, I might add, is within easy reach. I could put a hole into four inches of solid lead with this. And then I thought 'Well this place is a bit morbid, let's go explore!' Then I wandered off into the mists, found a road, road led me to this wall, I spent a bit climbing up the wall, and now here we are. Hello, I'm Derm and I haven't the foggiest clue!"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 05, 2012, 04:45:33 pm »

Look for some means of restraining the beast, check outside to see if anybody or anything is coming to investigate.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 05, 2012, 06:02:03 pm »

Groz magically throws his voice to come from another stall.
"Gentlemen! Who are you looking for? Who are you?"
That voice enchantment thing still applies.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 05, 2012, 06:05:59 pm »

"I am a warrior of light fleeing from forces of darkness. I would like sanctuary and sustenance, and in exchange I will help around your fine town any way I can."
Hope I get in...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #254 on: November 05, 2012, 08:35:05 pm »

((Ooooh!! Good idea!! How aboooouuuuttt…….Hans! :D))
Back up some to get some room and whip my halberd around and catch the guard in the head with the blade, then follow up with a swing to the next one. Hans should bash some skulls and please his master.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 43