Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many plot/quest hooks do you think you have all collectively missed?

1-3
- 0 (0%)
4-6
- 0 (0%)
7-8
- 4 (33.3%)
9-10
- 8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 43

Author Topic: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 54 IS UP*  (Read 50309 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 22 IS UP*
« Reply #285 on: November 07, 2012, 01:18:30 pm »

What alleyway?  How is there an alleyway! Last time I checked I was in the forest in front of a giant wall.

And how did I lock a door in space time when thats not one of my skills!?

I'm not even going to make an action until this has been answered.

Also why did I act in a manner befitting a [6] when I rolled a [5] !?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 07, 2012, 01:21:35 pm »

Wow, sorry, I confused you with Groz, and after you climbed down and were taken downstairs, that was into a town. I'm going to edit your last two actions so, check in a few minutes.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #287 on: November 07, 2012, 01:22:19 pm »

Next tent. This time have Hans go in first and draw any hostile occupants into the open while I wait just outside the door in ambush. Repeat this strategy with each tent until we run into a fight.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 07, 2012, 01:39:51 pm »

"Right, so what have we here. Petty mugger? Thief? Cutpurse, thug, scoundrel, rogue... Oh the possibilities. Enough of that then. If you don't want to be shot you might want to stay down and answer my questions many, savvy?"
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 07, 2012, 01:42:14 pm »

Ensure the hound is securely tied then carry it with me and leave the camp heading away from the sound, keep an eye out for food and water sources, keep the chalice with me.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 06:18:12 pm by mesor »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 07, 2012, 02:47:09 pm »

Falvich will head to the local pawn-shop, check the guy's wares, and maybe sell some of his own stuff.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 07, 2012, 04:11:15 pm »

"All right. What did this guard look like? Any distinguishing features?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 07, 2012, 06:15:56 pm »

Locate a large building that Falvich did not mention as a brothel and knock on the door. If someone answers, ask for work; if not, move along.

((I know Falvich just arrived, but did Gweg?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 07, 2012, 10:59:23 pm »

TURN 23

Atla
Next tent. This time have Hans go in first and draw any hostile occupants into the open while I wait just outside the door in ambush. Repeat this strategy with each tent until we run into a fight.
Hans charges into the the tent [6] and to his surprise trips on a massive chest of unknown contents.

Derm
"Right, so what have we here. Petty mugger? Thief? Cutpurse, thug, scoundrel, rogue... Oh the possibilities. Enough of that then. If you don't want to be shot you might want to stay down and answer my questions many, savvy?"
"Of... of... of course ummmmm... sir, I uh... I'll answer any questions you have. Just... just don't hurt me... please!"

Juba Freedmen
Ensure the hound is securely tied then carry it with me and leave the camp heading away from the sound, keep an eye out for food and water sources, keep the chalice with me.
Juba grabs the chalice and takes the hound [3 vs. 1] the hound writhes weakly but is unable to escape. Juba tosses the hound over his shoulder and heads out of the camp.

Falvich
Falvich will head to the local pawn-shop, check the guy's wares, and maybe sell some of his own stuff.
[3] Falvich finds a nearby pawn-shop and enters. "Hello there! Can I interest you in some of my wares? Or do you wish to make a sale yourself?"

Groz Talvor
"All right. What did this guard look like? Any distinguishing features?"
"Well... he had... a beard...... oh yes! And a great big scar over his right eye. I think he was blind in that one too. It was just like a milky white pool... really all I can remember."

Gweg Kenson
Locate a large building that Falvich did not mention as a brothel and knock on the door. If someone answers, ask for work; if not, move along.

((I know Falvich just arrived, but did Gweg?))
((Yeah, I think so)) Gweg [6] finds himself in town square and heads over to a manor off to his left. He goes up and knocks on the door [1] the door opens and an old man clothed in nothing but a loincloth opens the door, "Eh? Whaddya wan..." suddenly the man collapses face first and immediately begins to snore.

Not much happened this turn...

Character List
Spoiler: Falvich (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hans (click to show/hide)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 23 IS UP*
« Reply #294 on: November 07, 2012, 11:02:39 pm »

Look for any animals dead or alive and search for a safe place to rest.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #295 on: November 07, 2012, 11:02:45 pm »

Tell Hans to watch the door while I check the contents of the chest. Have him smash the lock open if it is in fact locked.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 07, 2012, 11:06:39 pm »

"Right! Jolly good, Jolly good, now, Where in Tamriel am I? This does not look like Skyrim. Where may I find the closest Dwemer city?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 07, 2012, 11:11:59 pm »

((Um, let me think...
Would Gweg have thought Falvich had found this town by accident and didn't already know about it? And did he have anyone else to ask?)

Help the old man back into his manor house. Try to find a bed or something to put him in.
An unoccupied bed.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 07, 2012, 11:58:14 pm »

"Is there a guardshousee around here, then? Somewhere where the guards congregate?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 08, 2012, 12:17:57 am »

Uh...

Falvich will try and sell the unidentified dagger, and one of the others, and attempt to purchase anklets that boost the wearer's movements speed and reaction skills?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 43