Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many plot/quest hooks do you think you have all collectively missed?

1-3
- 0 (0%)
4-6
- 0 (0%)
7-8
- 4 (33.3%)
9-10
- 8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 43

Author Topic: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 54 IS UP*  (Read 50154 times)

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 25 IS UP*
« Reply #315 on: November 08, 2012, 09:38:44 pm »

Falvich will head to the local Magician's shop, and browse their reagents, trinkets, potions and scrolls.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 08, 2012, 09:46:28 pm »

Go up to the guards, though out of sword range.
"Greetings, fellow meat! Is there a guard in yon stone scaffolding that has a beard and a blind right eye, big scar over it? I have to inform him about something that's come up with one of his sheep."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 08, 2012, 09:48:34 pm »

Good point Derm... Well then, I'll wait to post the turn until this is done.

"Well, the n... nearest scrapyard I can think of is... uh... it's in... uh... in Harraspor... the desert city... it's ummmm... about thirty miles away..."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 08, 2012, 10:07:19 pm »

"Ah, good. Two last things then. First, how might one get to such a city?"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 08, 2012, 10:34:59 pm »

"Well, a caravan goes there every... um... two weeks I think... or you could walk... with your legs and stuff... you know."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: November 08, 2012, 10:37:18 pm »

"Very well then! Thank you!"

Walk down the alley, pause.

"Oh right. Second thing!"

About face, blow his head off. (Should I get a bonus for having him helpless and terrified?)

"Nobody mugs a Dwemer. Toodles!"

Take his stuff and stroll on down the street. Whistle.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 10:42:26 pm by dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 08, 2012, 11:19:27 pm »

TURN 26

Juba Freedmen
Bash it on the head, brake it's legs.
[4 vs. 2+2=4] Juba swings at the hound once more but misses again, [3+1=4 vs. 2] the hound lunges forward aiming for Juba's throat [4 vs. 2+2-1=3] the hound misses his throat but bulls him over, knocking him to the ground. [2-1=1 vs. 3+2=5] Juba fails in every way to damage the hound. [3 vs. 1-1=0] The hound pounces on top Juba and lunges for his shin [1 vs 4-1=3] but the teeth fail to get to his skin.

Gweg Kenson
If it's an application to be a bandit, report it to the authorities.
If it's an application about killing bandits, thank all gods I know and go apply for the job. Learn where the bandits are and such.

((I was expecting some boring job, but this is great!))
It's a application about killing bandits, so he checks the location of the commissioner of the notice, noted on the bottom of the poster. It looks to be somewhere nearby... oh... it's that old man's house.

Atla
Take the ingot (crucible ingot? whats that?). Swap Hans' iron clubs for the morningstar and steel club, then see if I can't use the assorted armour to reinforce myself (in lieu of actually wearing better armour, I guess I can just have reinforcements, and better armour can be turned into better reinforcements? Does that make sense?). Use the rest of the metal to make Hans sleeker to improve his manoeuvrability, but without sacrificing his inherent durability. Once that has been done, see what remains in the chest.
Atla takes Hans' clubs and sets them down beside the chest, before handing him the morningstar and steel club. Then, [3] taking a few pieces of armor reinforces himself. And helps to rough out Hans. Remaining in the chest is a large scroll.

Falvich
Falvich will head to the local Magician's shop, and browse their reagents, trinkets, potions and scrolls.
Falvich thanks the pawn-shop owner [4] and finds a Mage's Shop nearby. He steps inside and sees the Mage behind the counter examining something, [1] He can't figure out what it is though. He checks some of the shelves and notices a lot of the wares, are actually just scrolls.

Groz Talvor
Go up to the guards, though out of sword range.
"Greetings, fellow meat! Is there a guard in yon stone scaffolding that has a beard and a blind right eye, big scar over it? I have to inform him about something that's come up with one of his sheep."
[1] The guards glance to each other, "What? Guards are strictly prohibited to have sheep. He has some?"

Derm
"Very well then! Thank you!"

Walk down the alley, pause.

"Oh right. Second thing!"

About face, blow his head off. (Should I get a bonus for having him helpless and terrified?)

"Nobody mugs a Dwemer. Toodles!"

Take his stuff and stroll on down the street. Whistle.
Derm begins to exit the alleyway, before turning, "Oh right. Second thing!" Raising his magnetic Harquebus and fires, [4+1=5 vs. 2-3=-1] the thug's head blow apart. ((Yeah the helpless and terrified negative bonus is -3)) Derm strolls over to the corpse once more and grabs the thug's pack, weighing it in his hand, it seems to have a hefty sum of gold inside. Derm turns and heads onto the street. [6] He whistles like he's never whistled before and a man runs over and tosses him a few coins.

Character List
Spoiler: Falvich (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hans (click to show/hide)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 26 IS UP*
« Reply #322 on: November 08, 2012, 11:24:51 pm »

Brake the hounds damned legs with the hilts of my swords or my mailed fists, bang it on the head if I get the chance.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 11:28:55 pm by mesor »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 08, 2012, 11:27:09 pm »

See what all this caravan to Harraspor business is about. Check out what all is in the city.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 08, 2012, 11:28:08 pm »

Of course.

Find a piece of paper. Copy down the info on the sheet. Head to the guardhouse place to get my sword and shield back. Leave town, find bandits.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 08, 2012, 11:28:23 pm »

Brake the hounds damned legs
(Why would you want to stop them?)
Actual action below:
"Are the townsfolk not the sheep, and you the shepards? If you want me to vocalize it in your lingo, there's been a complaint against him and I mean to see if it's true. Is the guard here, perchance, because you just confirmed his existence."
Sig! Onol

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 08, 2012, 11:29:40 pm »

(( I want to tame it but I can't do that while it's trying to kill me and I have healing magic, once I know it won't try to kill me I can fix it's legs again. ))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 08, 2012, 11:30:25 pm »

((Spelled break, not brake.))
Sig! Onol

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #328 on: November 08, 2012, 11:37:40 pm »

(What effects do Hans' traits have exactly?)
See if I can detect any hexes upon the scroll. If there are hostile magics upon the scroll, toss it back in the chest and move on. If there aren't any traps on it, have Hans open the scroll, and if he doesn't explode, thank him, grab it, and read it myself.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 08, 2012, 11:57:49 pm »

Hover your mouse over them for a couple seconds a tooltip will pop a telling you.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 43