Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many plot/quest hooks do you think you have all collectively missed?

1-3
- 0 (0%)
4-6
- 0 (0%)
7-8
- 4 (33.3%)
9-10
- 8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 43

Author Topic: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 54 IS UP*  (Read 50340 times)

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 30 IS UP*
« Reply #375 on: November 11, 2012, 04:18:28 am »

@Groz Talvor: The hooded man considers this, then nods, "Very well, follow me."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 11, 2012, 04:24:03 am »

Follow the man.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #377 on: November 11, 2012, 11:46:06 am »

Have Hans wait at the door for my signal. Cut a small hole in the side of the tent and peek inside.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 12, 2012, 02:50:22 pm »

TURN 31

Juba Freedmen
Tear long strips from my clothing and use the remnants of the rope used to bind it legs and mouth so tightly and securely it can not get free, then carry it while I head in a straight line towards the sun searching for a town or a source of food and water, attempt to use my magic to calm myself as I go, don't forget to collect my neck armor and put it back in place.

(( Sorry I'll be more specific with my moves from now on and also, YES IT'S ABOUT DAMNED TIME i GOT THE LUCKY ROLL NOT THE DAMNED DOG. ))
[5] Juba binds the hell hound and heads towards the sun [2] Finding nothing, he does find himself on a long stretch of plains.

Derm
"Ah! Skyrim is a country in Tamriel, which is a continent located on the planet Nirn, in the plane of Mundus. There are quite a lot of intelligent races, including the Khajiit and Argonians, cats and lizards that walk like men. I rather suspect that, seeing as I've never heard of Harraspor, this means that I'm on a different, unknown continent. Or planet. Or plane of existence. You wouldn't happen to be lorded over by a Daedra, would you? Usually a big black and red spikey fellow, tends to be inscrutable and more or less chaotic evil?"
"Eh... no... anyway... we should reach Harraspor in a few more hours" ((3-5 turns unless interrupted))

Falvich
Falvich will slash the Mage's throats with both daggers.
[1+2+1=4 vs. 5] Falvich slashes at the mage's throat, but he ducks out of the way. "Who are you!" the mage thunders as he hurls another lightning bolt [6 vs. 5] [4 vs. 1+1=2] ((By the way, if you weren't aware, unenchanted armor can't protect against magic)) the bolt slams against Falvich's torso, he shakes around for a couple seconds [6 vs. 2] but recovers quickly and slashes at the mage's throat once more, [6+2+1=9 vs. 2] [6+1+1=8 vs. 2] The blades cut into the mage's throat and he collapses to the ground with a near silent gurgle. [2] The mage makes a symbol with his hand but nothing happens.

Gweg Kenson
Wait a little longer, then incapacitate the sentries.
Lethally, if needed.

Gweg waits a few more minutes before heading off toward the closest sentry [6 vs. 2-2=0] He quickly grabs the bandit around the neck and chokes him out before swiftly moving on to the next. [2 vs. 1-2=-1] and does the same. He approaches the last sentry [6 vs. 1] and chokes him out as well. The sentries have all been non-lethally eliminated.

Groz Talvor
Follow the man.
Groz follows the hooded man, and finally realizes he is a dwarf now that he is stood, and is of a similar height to himself. He exits the barracks and begins down the street toward the merchant's stall.

Atla
Have Hans wait at the door for my signal. Cut a small hole in the side of the tent and peek inside.
Atla moves as stealthily as a hunk of metal can and cuts a small hole in the side of the tent with his spear. Peeking inside, he sees it's occupied by approximately 20 men, all standing around a large table, he hears a few bits of conversation usually relating to what is to be done about their crushing defeat, this is probably related to the battlefield.

Character List
Spoiler: Falvich (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hans (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 31 IS UP*
« Reply #379 on: November 12, 2012, 02:54:46 pm »

Continue walking and looking for a town or some source of food or water, attempt to use my magic to relax my body and calm my mind a little.

(( Gotta develop this magic, being able to put people to sleep or influence them by messing with emotions will be invaluable later. ))
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 03:02:46 pm by mesor »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 12, 2012, 02:58:15 pm »

Falvich will now LOOT THE STORE! ELVES. NEED. LOOT.

Good thing I can enchant stuff! I gotta use my magic more often, huh.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 12, 2012, 03:34:10 pm »

Address the merchant.
"Ho there, friend! Turns out my fellow dwarf had a rather different tale to tell. Are you a crook, perchance? I'm a bit interested in finding the loot now."
Sig! Onol

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #382 on: November 12, 2012, 03:39:15 pm »

See how well they are armed. How many generals and officers present? How is the room furnished?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 12, 2012, 05:28:05 pm »

That went well. Let's see if the rest does.

Sneak into camp. Try to find the bandit leader. Kill him/her.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 14, 2012, 12:43:21 am »

((Are you busy, GM? Sorry if I'm interrupting anything.))
Sig! Onol

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 14, 2012, 01:58:38 am »

((Not really no, I'm just waiting for dermonster.))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 14, 2012, 07:23:40 am »

*Blink slowly*

Uh... keep going?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 14, 2012, 09:27:02 pm »

TURN 32

Juba Freedmen
Continue walking and looking for a town or some source of food or water, attempt to use my magic to relax my body and calm my mind a little.

(( Gotta develop this magic, being able to put people to sleep or influence them by messing with emotions will be invaluable later. ))
[5] Juba eventually stumbles upon a small stream. [3] Juba is able to think a little more clearly! ((Not sure what ingame effect, relaxing the body/mind would have))

Falvich
Falvich will now LOOT THE STORE! ELVES. NEED. LOOT.

Good thing I can enchant stuff! I gotta use my magic more often, huh.
Falvich checks the room he is currently in, and as mentioned previously, it's full of scrolls... and some inkwells, and quills. Nothing much more advanced than that. So he takes a few and puts them in his pack. [5] But, he does discover a trapdoor behind the shop's counter. The mage makes some gurgling sounds...

Groz Talvor
Address the merchant.
"Ho there, friend! Turns out my fellow dwarf had a rather different tale to tell. Are you a crook, perchance? I'm a bit interested in finding the loot now."
The merchant turns and jumps in fright as he sees the hooded dwarf, "He is a liar! He has no evidence against me!"

Atla
See how well they are armed. How many generals and officers present? How is the room furnished?
They all appear to be generals/captains/officers, all of them at least higher ranked than your ordinary soldier. [3] Atla isn't able to identify precisely how well equipped they are, but judging by their rank, probably pretty well equipped. [3] All of the soldiers are standing around a large table but he can't quite tell what it is they are looking at. He also spots 4 guards at the entrance of the tent waiting on the inside.

Gweg Kenson
That went well. Let's see if the rest does.

Sneak into camp. Try to find the bandit leader. Kill him/her.
Gweg sneaks into the camp. [4 vs. 6] But three bandits surrounding a small campfire spot him and stand as quickly as they can, drawing their weapons, one of them seems to be intoxicated, but none of them look to be well enough equipped to be the leader.

Derm
*Blink slowly*

Uh... keep going?
Derm and the caravan continue, but, Derm feels something is watching them.

Mage
Quote from: mage
Fix this accursed wound on my neck,
[4] The mage manages to stem the bleeding slightly. But he's still bleeding alot.

Character List
Spoiler: Falvich (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hans (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 09:55:11 pm by Urist McBeanie »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 32 IS UP*
« Reply #388 on: November 14, 2012, 09:30:09 pm »

"So, out of curiosity, what is the general procedure, per say, if we were to be attacked? Strategy, or anything of the sorts?"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 32 IS UP*
« Reply #389 on: November 14, 2012, 09:30:33 pm »

Take a drink then focus my mind on the hound and work to make it as calm as possible so it won't attack when it wakes up, double check it's binding's and make sure they are secure.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 43